What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
After 2 weeks in flower you should cut away any leafy growth that has not made it's way through the screen into the light..It will increase the productivity of your plants so they only focus energy towards the areas of the plant that are producing fruit, as well as increase air flow..

Dorje113

somewhat wondering if I should remove the fan leaves under the screen to provide more air flow, what do you think?
Ace

It's looking pretty thick, I'd prune some of the smaller branches and remove more of the lower fans. Also, looks like they need more N, it's good to give them a good dose of N going into 12/12...

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
My second ppp pheno, 72 days, much better looking than the first one. Worth growing if you have these freebies sitting around IMO. Yielded very well.

picture.php

picture.php

That was Pure Power Plant?

I heard back in the day Tommy Chong really liked that strain.

aceofspades

Thanks for the replies all. I think I might take a few of the leaves off, I just do not want to stress the plant out more than needed right now. As far as needing N, I have been using 1/3 cup of ewc/sea bird guano as well as bat guano ( mexican ). I was reading that during flowering I should up those doses to 2/3 of a cup ( I put it all in a tshirt and submerge it into a 5 gal bucket which is aerated for about 2 days) I will hit them with another watering of this tonight. Maybe Ill throw in some bio bizz grow for good measure. Appreciate the responses guys and gals!

Ace

My first grow is finishing up and now I am getting the urge to build a grow cabinet with a more legit set up. Here are my ideas and concerns:

- 250w HPS grow light
- CFLs for vegging
- Ventilation holes with computer fans over exhaust to push extra air out, panty hose covering holes for insect protection
- Desk fans for air circulation inside
- Dimensions: 26” deep x 5’ tall x 5’ wide
- Wheels for easier mobility

I was thinking about giving about 1' to a 1' 6" of width for vegging, boxing off underneath of the vegging section for ballasts, timers, powerstrip, etc... The inside would be painted flat white for reflective surfacing.

My main concern is would a 250w HPS be too much heat for this small of an enclosure? I plan on having fans to push air out but was wondering if a few of the biggest computer fans at the top pushing air out would be enough.

Thanks for your input

I think I might take a few of the leaves off, I just do not want to stress the plant out more than needed right now.

if you keep it to lowers and use a clean, sharp blade, stress will be negligible. what you want to stay away from at this point (in flower) would be 'topping', or taking any of the top apical meristems. this will induce stress that would not be ideal, imho. but simply thinning lower branches and stems properly, won't negatively impact your plants for your purposes.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shred, is a grow tent outta the question? I'd go that route if i were you. 200-250 bucks for that size.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Thanks for the replies all. I think I might take a few of the leaves off, I just do not want to stress the plant out more than needed right now. As far as needing N, I have been using 1/3 cup of ewc/sea bird guano as well as bat guano ( mexican ). I was reading that during flowering I should up those doses to 2/3 of a cup ( I put it all in a tshirt and submerge it into a 5 gal bucket which is aerated for about 2 days) I will hit them with another watering of this tonight. Maybe Ill throw in some bio bizz grow for good measure. Appreciate the responses guys and gals!

Ace

If using biobizz nutrients be sure that you use biogrow all the way through flower. Biobizz is designed to use both grow and bloom nutrients all the way through. Most nutrient schedules have you stop with the nitrogen early in flower or even at the click.:wave:

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Shitbulls, huh? Never heard of that breed! :biglaugh:

Good news, the Banner 3 is looking SICK! I have to buy a new camera soon, old one crapped out. :badday: Right now I'm flowering: Clonedocs OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Blueberry, Hollands Hope, and Hashplant, Delta 9's Banner #3, Weekender's Haze Hybrid (looking absolutely sick for day 35-36, definitely vigorous and will be a bigass yielder!), a local Hashplant cut & my AK and Bubbleberry. This is the first time I've flowered anything since my house fire, and I gotta say, I'm pretty damn impressed with all the genetics I'm flowering right now. Clonedocs shit is great, so is Delta9's, and the Weekenders Haze hybrid is off the hook! :thank you: :dance013: :artist: :jump:

Dorje113

Shitbulls, huh? Never heard of that breed! :biglaugh:

Good news, the Banner 3 is looking SICK! I have to buy a new camera soon, old one crapped out. :badday: Right now I'm flowering: Clonedocs OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Blueberry, Hollands Hope, and Hashplant, Delta 9's Banner #3, Weekender's Haze Hybrid (looking absolutely sick for day 35-36, definitely vigorous and will be a bigass yielder!), a local Hashplant cut & my AK and Bubbleberry. This is the first time I've flowered anything since my house fire, and I gotta say, I'm pretty damn impressed with all the genetics I'm flowering right now. Clonedocs shit is great, so is Delta9's, and the Weekenders Haze hybrid is off the hook! :thank you: :dance013: :artist: :jump:

Haze hybrids FTW! I have 4 or 5 they are all A+

I'm considering a new camera my $150 p&s has it's limitations... I got a $50 gift card at Best Buy and I might be able to pay for it in 6 months if they have a zero interest deal... hmmmmm...

Attachments

• SnowcapTrimmed 001.jpg
    SnowcapTrimmed 001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 3

rudeboy52

anyone have any info on growing in the san luis valley area?

i am looking at land, and it seems like 20+ acres in the SLV is relatively cheap.
because it is an alpine desert i think that a greenhouse is a must, but im not positive.

20 acres and being off grid is looking mighty enticing right about now.
any feedback is appreciated.

I would use a green house down there for sure. The winds can be real nasty and it gets cold early in the season. land is easy to come by there though.

Thanks for the input BudSpleefman and RmountainHi. Looks like the Everg/Conifer is the way to go. Low profile, clean, professional, smile, blend in... As Always

aceofspades

Got a question for you all. Recently was offered a new job, I really want a new job cause the old one has me grumpy. I have a feeling they will drug test me. I do not want to come out and tell them I am a medical user, I feel that is my own business, and of course people still discriminate against marijuana in general. So question is, what should I use to clean my system out? I use 2-3 times a day, so I have a feeling that there certainly is some thc in my system. Any input on this? Was at a store today and they had over 20 products, and I have no idea where to begin.

Ace

aceofspades

So synthetic urine? I saw some that came with some sort of hand warmer and what looked like an aquarium sticker thermometer on the outside of the bottle. Is that what you are refering to? Any certain brands I should steer clear of?

Thanks guys
Ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts