What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It brings MMJ and decriminalization to the forefront. They mention a supreme court case that was ruled in favor of the plaintiff on the interstate commerce clause for growing his/her own for his/her own use.

K

Kola Radical

Went hiking today and ran into this sign. Something like this will check your pucker factor.

picture.php

bigmaccommj

Nube looking to start growing in Colorado

Nube looking to start growing in Colorado

Hi All,

I'm toying around with the idea of growing my own medication (at least a couple plants) and looking for the best, inexpensive way to setup a growing station. I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to do everything in one area, under one light, etc. I've read a bit about the DWC system and figured I could build one with a couple Aquarium Air Pumps, Home Depot 5 Gallon buckets, PVC, PVC connectors, Aquarium Air stones, and buy some Growing Nets from somewhere online. What are the pitfalls and problems I should expect and need to work around? I don't have a large area to grow and it will probably happen in my closet. Another question I have is what kind of light should I go with? I've read about Fluorescents, Metal Halide, and HPS systems. I've also seen some Combination systems which allow for both MH and HPS Lights. I really would like to grow as fast as possible, get the most out of each plant possible, and have a continuous flow of stock so I can stop paying outrageous prices at dispensaries.

If you are an experiences grower and wouldn't mind sharing your system with me I would love to learn from you!!!!!!!!

I appreciate all information you give me.

Hi All,

I'm toying around with the idea of growing my own medication (at least a couple plants) and looking for the best, inexpensive way to setup a growing station. I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to do everything in one area, under one light, etc. I've read a bit about the DWC system and figured I could build one with a couple Aquarium Air Pumps, Home Depot 5 Gallon buckets, PVC, PVC connectors, Aquarium Air stones, and buy some Growing Nets from somewhere online. What are the pitfalls and problems I should expect and need to work around? I don't have a large area to grow and it will probably happen in my closet. Another question I have is what kind of light should I go with? I've read about Fluorescents, Metal Halide, and HPS systems. I've also seen some Combination systems which allow for both MH and HPS Lights. I really would like to grow as fast as possible, get the most out of each plant possible, and have a continuous flow of stock so I can stop paying outrageous prices at dispensaries.

If you are an experiences grower and wouldn't mind sharing your system with me I would love to learn from you!!!!!!!!

First thing you should do is remove the term, fast as possible from your vocabulary if you want to grow quality Cannabis.

Also, have you considered plain old hand watered soil in stand alone buckets to start? I think there is a world of benefit from starting out in soil. Just learn how to take care of plants, diagnose problems etc., then explore hydro down the road once you've got the hang of it.

Just an idea...

As for lighting, if you are only flowering 3 plants you'll be fine with a 400w switchable system. Just start off with a MH bulb and switch it to HPS when you are ready to flower under the same hood in the same tent/grow area. If you want to do a 4 week perpetual grow(harvest every 4 weeks) you will need 2 lights.

Balazar

Hi All,

I started with a DWC in a cabinet and then closet and then well, I'll post pics of my latest creation some time. It's super easy starting in soil for at least your first harvest will probly be easier and give you some general experience that you need though.

If you still want to go for it here are some pit falls that I learned from:
1. Use black buckets or black them out on the outside somehow (roots dont like light and algae will grow if there is light in your buckets or res)
2. make sure its leak proof. Use rubber grommets and or hot glue.
3. check it often your gonna need a decent TDS/PH meter. If your solution go's out of whack so does your plant.

My advice for a beginner:
Use 1 part flower and veg nutes. Mixing up some crazy formula is easy to screw up if you haven't done it before so keep it simple till you get the hang of it. Also cooling is key. Don't skimp on the cooling fan. If you just have one light for every 100 Watts your cooling fan should be 1" in diameter. For example with a 400Watt HPS you will need a 4" blower. For 600 Watts you will need a 6" blower. I find DWC to be fairly easy and that's what I started with. The resident expert on DWC is BigToke. You can find his thread here. You don't have to do it just like him. I started with a drip system and it was wonderful. Best of luck

K

Kelly.

Hi All,

how much do you want to spend to get started?
soil is cheaper to start out, but i like hydro better since there is always something to do :)

i am growing 1 plant in a 10 gallon rubbermaid tub and it is pretty simple. if you do go with hydro, i would take Balazar's advice and use a simple nutrient to start.

here is a quick pic of the under current style DIY im building.
using (3) 10 gallon tubs, uniseals, and a 300 gph. 6 plants and a 600w in a 3x3 tent :)
IMG_3208.jpg

more pics later.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
ATTENTION COLORADO GROWERS

i wannna know how you guys cure your stuff when harvest time comes around so that it is a slow, quality cure

upside down hanging method for around 4 days to glass jars for a week or two is best ive come up with so far but to me things still dry too fast

Wellllll that depends,,,,

For a long time, I harvested a couple or 4 ounces at a time - I hung the plants in a small refrig. box (the carboard one) - to slow the drying -- needs to take a week or longer. Last harvest was a lil larger - Had to get a bigger box.

Slow dry - and trim the trash off after a couple days. When the buds are kinda crispy at the tips and still moist (not wet) deeper - bout time to get them into glass or good plastic -(Tupperware is working pretty well) Check frequently - they will moisten up some as the moisture equalizes - too wet -pull em out and air dry some more; - once they get to the right feel - they can go for a week or more between burps.

There is a little "Feel" involved. Up here in the low humidity - we don't get the mold issues as often - but fluffly airy type buds that are dried in a couple days are bound to taste like fresh Kentucky Bluegrass. Small quantity of airy bud will need that whole week to dry also - idealy. Only way I know is put them in a confined space to slow evaporation down.

It can be done - you just have to plan.
And when you have a plan for the grow - the first rule is, be flexable

Balazar

That's a really good way to go Kelly. Looks like this isn't your first rodeo. What nutes do you use? I like House & Garden. I get really good results but it's kinda expensive. I use the whole kit and the shooting powder works like nothing I have seen before in the last three weeks of flower. It's hard to find info on House & Garden in english. It's all german. I'm not sure if it's organic or not and I really would like an all organic nute system. Any suggestions? Also does anyone know of any organic ph up and ph down solutions that I can get in a bottle? I have been told I can use apple cider vinegar and orange juice but something more pure that wont gunk up my system would be preferred.

I just finished an aeroflo run and went back to soil. I bought the entire H&G lineup with aqua flakes as the base nutrient. I have lots left and wont be using it (approximately 1.5qt A/B, .75qt Top Booster, .5qt Bud XL, 3/4 of a BIG bottle of drip clean, .75qt multi zyme, 3 unopened sachets of shooting powder and an almost brand new BIG bottle of Roots Excellurator. I am going to be putting it on craigslist, but if any local folks from the forum are interested send me a PM in the next couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts