What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado finally passes some regulations

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
It looks like the legislature passed some regulations in the last second of the session:

Sales:Only in licensed stores starting in 2014

Purchases: Up to an oz. by CO residents, up to 1/4 oz. for nonresidents

Taxes: Voters will decide

Restrictions: Kept behind store counters

Establised a THC level for stoned driving.

Some trivia is that everyone feels the driving limit is non-science based and will entrap some MMJ users. My favorite dispensary says there is talk about building a wall down the middle of the dispensary and another set of enterances and exits. For the 1st nine months only despensaries will be allowed to sell recreational. They get a break on the business lisence and other preferences. www.denverpost.com

nuskool89

I agree about the driving limit bs, I'm afraid that tool may be utilized a alot by police departments in not so friendly marijuana counties.

What are the laws if any, around concentrates?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
For some reason all the proposals mentioned flowers so I don't know. That is a very good question. I imagine there will be court cases around that. I know my dispensary has bubble (ice extracted) concentrates and tinctures so there must be some rules about that.

Ya I hope everything works out for the best and the driving law doesn't become ludicrous.

Does that mean that medical sales will also be applied to the tax increases?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so far tax hikes are for recreational sales only as far as i can tell, which i dont mind....
the driving thing... i do mind.....
i'd love some SENSIBLE regulation.... it's like colorado chose all the prohibitionists to write the regulations... that don make no damn sense.

at least they kept their hands off the 6plants per adult & private caregivers...

Hank Hemp

Veteran
So tell me straight up, as a out of stater, I can walk into a pot shop and ask for a 1/4oz(7grams) of sativa? And my wife purchase another 1/4 oz of indicia?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
They talk a lot about marijuana tourism so yes in 2014 but not till then. Also at one time they said a 21 yr. old resident could gift a 21 yr. old non-resident 1 oz starting from when the guv signed the bill a while ago. I am guessing that that limit also went down to 1/4 oz. It is such a strange feeling to not have to look over my shoulder and worry about the neighbors even though I have a MMJ card.

S

SooperSmurph

Ya I hope everything works out for the best and the driving law doesn't become ludicrous.

Does that mean that medical sales will also be applied to the tax increases?
As far as I know, medical remains separate, and will be taxed differently than recreational, pretty sure the tax level on medical will stay the same as it is now, and recreational will have the prohibitively high "luxury" tax.

monsoon

If/when the retail stores open, Hank, you and your wife can buy a 1/4....3-4 each (at different stores) if you choose. Possession limit is still 1 oz or less for 21 and above. You just can't buy it all at once. Gonna be awhile before any of these retail sales happen though.

Still legal to GIFT another 21+ year old less than an oz.

Med laws are unaffected by Amendment 64.

grow your own

D

draco

So tell me straight up, as a out of stater, I can walk into a pot shop and ask for a 1/4oz(7grams) of sativa? And my wife purchase another 1/4 oz of indicia?

as there are a bazillion strains - well, you are gonna have to get a little more specific.

no card? then you will have to go black market until 1-1-14, at which time you will be able to legally buy your indica or sativa.

good luck finding much sativa... these commersh strains flower in 60 days, and most of the owners of the centers are quite profit oriented...
not too many 100 day strains to choose from.