What's new

Colorado Embraces Medical Marijuana

Skip

Veteran
Since Coloradans voted to legalize medical marijuana in 2000, 60,000 residents have been issued medical marijuana cards. 900 new applications are received everyday. Needless to say, the marijuana business is booming in the Rocky Mountain state.

New businesses are popping up to serve the medical marijuana industry including testing services, insurance and legal services, hydroponics stores, trade groups to lobby for cannabis retailers and many more.

Colorado may soon surpass California for innovation and acceptance of the medical marijuana industry.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/14/colorado.medical.marijuana/index.html

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great, thanks skip! I don't see where the obama administration gets off saying legalizing cannabis is not a good job creation strategy!

"Make the most of the hemp seed." George Washington

Lord Doobie

ha ha...I think that's all going bye bye with another whole system put in it's place. One town has even passed a law against opening dispenaries

Dnutz

I cannot tell you how many people I have run into lately that want to/ dream of opening a dispensary... I mean its absolutely ludicrous!! I mean I agree whole heartedly that the people in CO need to push the envelope, I mean look at cali, they pioneered the revolution, we slowly followed here in CO, but now its time to push the limits and put us on the map nationwide! I have been told from a young age that there will always be a pack of haters behind 1 radical individual, and the funny thing is, that 1 radical individual will be laughing all the way to the medical marijuana bank!!

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Its the Rocky Mountain Way...

Couldn't get much higher!

Have some cool friends at Boulder.

K

Kola Radical

The town of Breckenridge legalized marijuana. Nobody is arguing with them.

It's quasi legal now in CO. The Boulder DA said he would not prosecute medical marijuana cases. Dispensaries are popping up like no business I've ever seen. They're everywhere and more show up every day.

Check Denver and Boulder Craigslist for sale, health and beauty for a small sampling of what is going on here. It's basically an open marketplace now, both online and in stores.

The govt. can and will pass laws to regulate the business, but it's here to stay. I'm forming an LLC like many others to partially CMA as I breed and grow for the industry.

It is a brand new day. I order my mmj online and it is delivered to my house just like pizza. I never thought I would see it.

localman

I work in Denver for a medical dispensory and I moved here from IL, I have to say THIS PLACE IS AWESOME! Everyone here either smokes or doesnt care about it if they dont... I have had older folks (70yr old or better) comment on my fragrence and how nice it was :) haha thats that Super Silver Haze i just puffed i always say :)

Rocky Mountain HIGH fo sho