What's new

Colorado Court of Appeals Requires More Contact with Caregivers

Skip

Veteran
The Colorado Court of Appeals ruled yesterday that medical marijuana providers must have more "meaningful contact" with patients than just selling them cannabis. The case involved a grower who sold to dispensaries but had no contact with the patients themselves.

Colorado's Amendment 20, which legalized medical marijuana did not define precisely what constitutes a caregiver. Colorado's legislature is expected to take up the issue and provide more legal guidance early next year.

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_13673322

rooted

in july they declared that caregivers in colorado can "just supply cannabis"

so i believe this ruling will only apply to cases up until july of this year....the mentioned case ^ was from 2006

basically caregivers are OK until they change the legislature in January.

"more meaningful contact" is pathetic, it's just as vague as amendment 20!

slappyjack

If the legislature does this they need to be crystal clear as to what constitutes a caregiver/patient relationship. Lots of money is already invested by caregivers that satifies current law, they can't just change it on a whim and put legal growers out of business. Thankfully CO's legislature isn't a screwed up as California. I trust they'll be fair.

One Love 731

Veteran
If the legislature does this they need to be crystal clear as to what constitutes a caregiver/patient relationship. Lots of money is already invested by caregivers that satisfies current law, they can't just change it on a whim and put legal growers out of business. Thankfully CO's legislature isn't a screwed up as California. I trust they'll be fair.

This sounds like a nice place to make home. Karma, One Love

Latest posts

Latest posts