What's new

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

stonfofish

Yeah I remember talking with you before, it's good to hear from you again. I understand Spanish and can speak just enough to get by but I do understand your post. Money is tight, I've been working like mad trying to get ready for the two month winter holidays. I hope things pick up for you and you can visit your family here (Cartagena), I miss Cartagena. Good to hear from you.

Peace from Colombia!
Gracias Hermano,que lindo ablar con tigo! Pero no me contestaste sobre lo dos strain Mango Biche y Caicedonia.......lo conoces? Eran deliciosos en este tiempo(1997) ahora non se si los puedes encontrar. Estos 3D de landrace colombiano es muy interesante. gracias para compartir con nosotros. Bendiciones para ustedes amigo mio. Paz para Colombia!

bigherb

Veteran
Ohhh the wacky weed, the bud in the grinder was from a very special sample I received back in 2006. It came in the traditional form but this stuff was sticky and to my surprise 100% seedless. I don't remember a lot about its smell or taste (heavy, earthy, spicy, hash) but the effect was overwhelming. Just a few hits put me down, this effect is not like an Indica couch lock but more euphorically tranquilizing. I remembered the effect to come on slow then build to a rich some times even spiritual (wake n bake with the sun coming over the mountain tops) peak, leveling off to a somewhat cloudy exit. Top shelf cannabis for sure, I still get samples from that region but none can compare to that particular sample.

Next I have a pic of a very common and popular Colombian Sativa, Corinto from the hills of Cali.

View Image

Peace from Colombia!

Red rider

I have to thankyou again for this thread an all your Post . I truly appreciate Details an you give it all . I love the Old/recent Reports of taste aromas effects an the backround info an stories behind them . It always a pleasure to read your post an jaw droppin lookin at ( pure Lumbos )what is damn near Impossible to find for most of us in the states .

I love your post of the wacky weed ,This was always somthing that sparked my interest given the reported legendary potency an me always testing my bounds . My unc Told me this is the best he ever smoked an he is in his 70's an still smoking . He told me a joint put out 6 seasoned smokers . Too bad you didnt have any seed in that batch

I hope you are saving seeds from all your recent samples an labeling of course . I look forward to the day your garden gets filled again

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
red rider man!!!!!

you found some awesome legend man! Corinto! looks like the real deal and by your description of the high it also seems like it.

how psychedelic is it though? does it affect your visual depth very noticeably? if so, I have to say you have the real deal.

save all the seeds you find!!!

I did not keep any seeds from about a quarter of a kg of that Corinto I came across only once (fail!!!)... realizing how dumb I had been, I started saving all the seeds from all colombian bud I came across...

so let me spam your thread with a pic of one of the plants from the seeds gather after the Corinto fail, grown at about 2500 mts above sea level in the venezuelan andes, about 6-7 years ago:

7904andessativa2.JPG

peace!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you experienced?

Are you experienced?

Red rider

I have to thankyou again for this thread an all your Post . I truly appreciate Details an you give it all . I love the Old/recent Reports of taste aromas effects an the backround info an stories behind them . It always a pleasure to read your post an jaw droppin lookin at ( pure Lumbos )what is damn near Impossible to find for most of us in the states .

I love your post of the wacky weed ,This was always somthing that sparked my interest given the reported legendary potency an me always testing my bounds . My unc Told me this is the best he ever smoked an he is in his 70's an still smoking . He told me a joint put out 6 seasoned smokers . Too bad you didnt have any seed in that batch

I hope you are saving seeds from all your recent samples an labeling of course . I look forward to the day your garden gets filled again

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

Man thank you so much bigherb and everyone else, it’s a great pleasure to share my experience here in Colombia with people that know or can remember fine Colombian cannabis. I would like to mention that even though I have years and years of experience with Colombian cannabis and I have been living here for years, I am no expert. Nor am I an expert grower in anyway, I just throw what I think is good seed into the rich Colombian soil and Mother Nature does the rest. Of course I have honed many skills I learned right here on IC mag. And this knowledge has helped me considerably to produce what I consider to be connoisseur Colombian Sativa (as well as many other exotic strains).
attachment.php

Colombian Black
The Colombian Cauche (Black, Wacky Weed) is grown in many regions here and comes in various qualities that for all I know are region dependent. I had some from Manizales late last year that was very good but not equal at all to the black in the grinder that came from somewhere near Cali in 2006. I’ve never been to Manizales or Cali but I know here in Bogota I get a lot of samples from that region. I think the 2006 black was the best representation of what we got in the states back in the 70s; it was ridiculously potent and pungent and easy to identify. I do very carefully select, categorize and store seed from only the best samples.
attachment.php

Colombian Sativa

attachment.php

My new Corinto sample is being processed and I think it is a very good representation of good Colombian. It has a pleasant smell (almost like SMG but stronger) and hashy, spicy incense taste that is a trademark of quality Colombian. The effect is classic, its racy but calming at the same time as well as richly euphoric. It is not clear but still thought provoking and somewhat motivational but after smoking all day makes me sleepy (not tired or burnt out feeling). Overall she has a clean finish and at this point no tolerance build up. As far as a ceiling I don’t know because I only dose with the smallest amount possible. It is very potent as I have been burning grams and grams of oil lately and the Corinto cuts right though giving me a new cannabis effect. This is quality and only the little bit of shake will be QWISO.

attachment.php

Colombian Santa Marta Gold 2006
Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Mmmm I can almost taste that Corinto. This thread always brings back so many good memories of breaking up those chocolaty, hashy, incensey, buds and rolling pinners that would be like a ticket to a rocket ride to the moon and a nice easy walk back down to earth while you're counting the stars along the way.
I remember the wacky weed from back then, never smoked it, it was always too expensive, plus I could never figure out how it could be any better then the two hit and you're flyin Gold Colombian, I could literally feel the hit go into my bloodstream and travel to my brain and wash nirvana over me. And I smoked through pounds of that crazy stuff it was NOT a one time *feeling*
And Respect Back At Ya Red Rider!

stonfofish

please answer

please answer

Very nice my friend! why do not you answer my questions? Maybe you do not understand because they were written in Spanish? I am very curious to know if you've tried the Caicedonia which is a region of Valle de Cauca and a quality called Mango Biche that I think comes from the Sierra de Santa Marta. They were the herbs that I smoked in 1997 and in my opinion were far superior to the best Punto Rojo! I am writing in English with the help of google, I hope you understand. Thanks man and continues to share with us these delicacies Colombian! Your friend on the coast

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Translation

Translation

Very nice my friend! why do not you answer my questions? Maybe you do not understand because they were written in Spanish? I am very curious to know if you've tried the Caicedonia which is a region of Valle de Cauca and a quality called Mango Biche that I think comes from the Sierra de Santa Marta. They were the herbs that I smoked in 1997 and in my opinion were far superior to the best Punto Rojo! I am writing in English with the help of google, I hope you understand. Thanks man and continues to share with us these delicacies Colombian! Your friend on the coast

So sorry stonfofish, but actually, I did understand your earlier post, however its seems I forgot to reply right away. I've never had or seen any Sativa from Caicedonia but I think some of the hybrid cripy is grown there and I've had quite a bit of that. The mango biche I have heard of here but never tried it. Over the years I have tried many strains here that were great but I've yet to find any better than the punto rojo. The search continues.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so let me spam your thread with a pic of one of the plants from the seeds gather after the Corinto fail, grown at about 2500 mts above sea level in the venezuelan andes, about 6-7 years ago:

Oh man your always welcome and I am interested in your input. I remember all your exotic Sativa grows in the Venezuelan Andes. It been a long time since I've grown down here, wow 7 years. Reminds me of the overgrow days. But thanks for the pic she was a beauty.

stonfofish

Thank you very much Red, I wish with all my heart to find what I said and you'll see that you will agree with me (hi, hi, hi) on the duel Mango Biche VS Punto Rojo! Have a nice day

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Here's one of my OaxacanXPunto Rojo females I have five going and they all look different. The one that's furthest behind in flowering is already putting out trichomes that smell like cloves.
picture.php

1 month Trichomes
picture.php

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful plants Randy, thanks for sharing. I really can't say this new sample has a trippy effect but it's very euphoric and clean (exit). There is a big difference in potency between the buds and the shake, just a little piece of a bud will do it for me but I can burn a lot of the shake and only get buzzed. The oil from the shake is better but I really can't say it's more potent than the bud. I talked to some young (in their 20s) Colombians in a park by my house the other day and they were smoking. I took a couple hits of their bud and it was cripy. Very potent and sweet tasting, nothing like what I had. I offered them some of my Sativa and they declined saying mine was regs, not worth burning. So I had to give them a lesson in cannabis 101, they had no idea what Indica or Sativa was only that they like the taste and over powering effect of the cripy. We did agree on shrooms though and I missed a day of work due to them.

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Man thank you so much bigherb and everyone else, it’s a great pleasure to share my experience here in Colombia with people that know or can remember fine Colombian cannabis. I would like to mention that even though I have years and years of experience with Colombian cannabis and I have been living here for years, I am no expert. Nor am I an expert grower in anyway, I just throw what I think is good seed into the rich Colombian soil and Mother Nature does the rest. Of course I have honed many skills I learned right here on IC mag. And this knowledge has helped me considerably to produce what I consider to be connoisseur Colombian Sativa (as well as many other exotic strains).
View Image
Colombian Black
The Colombian Cauche (Black, Wacky Weed) is grown in many regions here and comes in various qualities that for all I know are region dependent. I had some from Manizales late last year that was very good but not equal at all to the black in the grinder that came from somewhere near Cali in 2006. I’ve never been to Manizales or Cali but I know here in Bogota I get a lot of samples from that region. I think the 2006 black was the best representation of what we got in the states back in the 70s; it was ridiculously potent and pungent and easy to identify. I do very carefully select, categorize and store seed from only the best samples.
View Image
Colombian Sativa

View Image

My new Corinto sample is being processed and I think it is a very good representation of good Colombian. It has a pleasant smell (almost like SMG but stronger) and hashy, spicy incense taste that is a trademark of quality Colombian. The effect is classic, its racy but calming at the same time as well as richly euphoric. It is not clear but still thought provoking and somewhat motivational but after smoking all day makes me sleepy (not tired or burnt out feeling). Overall she has a clean finish and at this point no tolerance build up. As far as a ceiling I don’t know because I only dose with the smallest amount possible. It is very potent as I have been burning grams and grams of oil lately and the Corinto cuts right though giving me a new cannabis effect. This is quality and only the little bit of shake will be QWISO.

View Image
Colombian Santa Marta Gold 2006
Peace from Colombia!

Sup brother

Im an 80's baby wasnt around for the legendary strains

Im from NYC my love of Sativas Comes from the best weed Ive ever smoked Frankies aka The Best NYC Haze .In my search of Haze an the Frankincense trait ,Colombian strains such as Gold/Reds were often reported an recommened threw my research an questions .Ive learned in my quest that the incense trait to be found in S.E. Asian/ S.American /Africans Etc

My experience with smoking sativas is minimal an since im the type to test my limits ive grown out These strains Outdoors in NYC ,Nevilles haze an Skunk haze from MNS with success .Ive also grown Hillbilly Haze from Reservation.Labs which was very sativa dom an somthing special IMO .

Ive attempted Tom hill Haze but do to paranoia a brief snowfall an the Plants not in my garden it was chopped early .Ive also Grew out Gage green Colombian Gold ,which to my knowledge is via Aldous Via HHF Via Oldhand reported to be a Female Highland Goldbud an male an Rainbow type named Mota .

The THH an CG grew out the same season THH chopped early yielded about a pound an 2 CG were Much bigger BUt sadly female .The vigor of the CG was Truly amazing the most impressive in my brief experiences .I will attempt again in the right situation

After experiencing these mentioned strains I could only imagine what a Import opf yesteryear to be like .The effects of Sativas are Special an very different to what i grew up on .Which is why Im thankful to this community an its members such as yourself an the Breeders who are spreading an preserving these pure sativas .

That last paragraph reminds me of the story you told about the cats smokin crippy an lookin down on your bud . They dont know is the problem ,Knowledge is power an dont ever judge a book by the cover .

Quick story How my Diesel Connect was a heavy smoker ,One day smoked up the Skunk Haze with me it put him to a spin he couldnt smoke anymore for awhile after i was lol an shocked .

First 2 are Nevilles Haze next 2 are 2 different NYC Haze

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208192&d=1360986647
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208193&d=1360986647
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208194&d=1360986647
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208196&d=1360986647

Hillbillyhaze an THH
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5604856&postcount=72

1luvbigherb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Classic Sativa

Classic Sativa

Hey bigherb, for me the weed of the mid to late 70s was mostly poor quality compared to what’s available now. There was a reason marijuana in my area was $10 an ounce, home grown (leaves) or Mexican bricked hemp. However there were occasions of really great Sativa’s (Mexican, Hawaiian and Colombian) but not very often.

It seems many believe the great Colombian strains of the 60s-70s have vanished, lost due to hybridization. But I’m here in Colombia (since 02) and I can tell you for sure these strains are still here. I was smoking heavily in the 70s and I know what I get here now is just like what I had then. Sure there’s cripy which I know is a hybrid but I really don’t think it’s mixed with the local strains.

Don’t get me wrong I love all good cannabis but Colombian has and always will be my overall favorite. Living here gives me the opportunity to not only experience classic strains but also strains that never made/make it out of the country. Not only that but I can do something not many (none that I know of) gringos have ever grown bud in the country. It is my plan/desire to grow out all the fine strains I can find here just like I did from 2003-2007. I love it man, I re live the 70s almost every day here, cleaning seedy gold buds while freaking out my Colombian hosts with Van Halen’s running with the devil thundering though my windows.

Again thanks to all for interest and info.

attachment.php

The sun drenched central Colombian highlands

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in the greenest part of Spain.According to colombian friends the landscape is very similar ...the only differences being altitude, photoperiod and most important, the heat

Awesome pic :tiphat:

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Red rider

Its Great to know first hand that Some of these Legendary strains of Yesteryear are still being grown out .Hopfully they will continue to survive an possibly become popular/available again with the Recent trend of legalization / Decriminalization an Recognition of medicinal value from the governments .

Coming from a Sicilian backround ,I was raised with an oldschool mentality .Ive seem much change in my time in many aspects an it seems the world is advancing Drastically an becoming modernised / westernised . I truly hope that what happened with the landrace strains of the 60's -70's that came to the U.S. doesn't happen globally . Because as we know as the times chnage people become fascinated with whats new an whats in than over look what is Important .

Its Happening where you are already as you said about the Kids who turned down your Smoke because of their Crippy .

Ive seen it long ago, I laugh when Dudes uptown started pushing Sour Deez an Haze became less common . Ill take some fire haze over Diesel any day

Words I live by ,Quoted Bluebeard

I would gladly walk over 20 lbs of cali kush to grab 4 ounces off a haze plant which took 12 months

That picture is beautiful ,Is that the view from your House ? do you have all that land ?
If soo i cant wait till your grows start up lol

1luvbigherb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The highlands

The highlands

Thanks so much Chomba64 It’s my pleasure to share the experience.

Beautiful bud as always Roco, I’ve never been to Spain but I’ve seen your awesome grows though the years and I must think Spain has an excellent climate for growing. I live just north of Bogota and the altitude is right around 2,700mts (8,700ft) and it can feel cold here on a rainy day. I’ve never seen it freeze here but I know at night it can get close. However when the sun is out you can feel the power of the sun, the air temps never get above 80f but sun stroke can be had within a few minutes of exposure. Plants here really have to be tough to tolerate the intense sunshine here and this sunshine is a big part of what gives cannabis grown here its unique and complex cannabidiol profile. Colombians from outside of Bogota call the city “the freezer” because of its year round cool temps (it’s never really cold here to me). Bogota is not the ideal region to grow in but it’s where I’m at and I make the best of it.

attachment.php

It was a very dry year

That pic was taken in 07 from a bus on a return trip to Pipa in Boyacá, my wife’s family had a small farm there but it was sold a few years ago. At the moment we are still waiting to move (my wife signed us on for another 6 months where we are) to a place where I can put a few plants out. As I wait I’m collecting bud and seed for my future grows.

attachment.php

This is about 2 hours North of Bogota

red rider

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I live just north of Bogota and the altitude is right around 2,700mts (8,700ft) and it can feel cold here on a rainy day.

Bogota is not the ideal region to grow in but it’s where I’m at and I make the best of it.

red rider

Hola Red,

Again, it looks very beautiful where you live. What altitude would you consider it the best for growing in Columbia?

I have visited Costa Rica, which I loved, and I couldn't help but start to dream of living on a farm at about 4-5 thousand feet where the coffee plantations were. It was just high enough to be cool, to me. My guerrilla scouting impulses started to click in those places.

What altitude does the Columbian Gold, Corinto, and Punto Rojo grow?

:biggrin:

In some of the high altitude pictures it looks a bit denuded of forests. Is this natural due to being exposed, like alpine areas, or is this because of human activity?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian growing

Colombian growing

Hola Red,

Again, it looks very beautiful where you live. What altitude would you consider it the best for growing in Columbia?

I have visited Costa Rica, which I loved, and I couldn't help but start to dream of living on a farm at about 4-5 thousand feet where the coffee plantations were. It was just high enough to be cool, to me. My guerrilla scouting impulses started to click in those places.

What altitude does the Columbian Gold, Corinto, and Punto Rojo grow?

:biggrin:

In some of the high altitude pictures it looks a bit denuded of forests. Is this natural due to being exposed, like alpine areas, or is this because of human activity?

Thanks,

ThaiBliss

Thank you so much ThaiBliss, I'm sure (well really I know) Costa Rica has a perfect growing conditions and great people. In the past I learned a lot from Chaman who was from there.
To be honest I really don't know where the best regions for growing are here (for safety reasons I don't want to know) but I prefer the stuff from high altitudes around Santa Marta & Cali.
As far as the lack of trees in the pics I'm sure most of them were cut down but I really don't know.
I would like to say that I'm not a Colombian and my information is very limited due to that fact. I'm a gringo and there's no hiding that, I'm an outsider here and I really don't want to get involved with the criminal element here. Whenever I get a sample I always ask exactly where it came from but if the guy is lying to me (these people will say anything to make a sale) I don't know. However I have known this guy for over 8 years and most of the time what he says is true.

red rider

Latest posts

Latest posts