What's new

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

window

Veteran
SMG

SMG

Still waiting for the pic's of the blond seedless flower's Red.:biggrin:
Blond or gold marijuana is something I'm interested in as it's not something we saw much of in the U.K, most of our import was pale to dark green African and maybe a bit of Thai.
This is a pic of my last couple of bud's from my Santa Marta I grew from Reeferman seed's, the closest ive got to gold bud's.
Randy, I've read Smokescreen, that is a great book with some cool pic's, especially the one with the parrot lying on top of all those yellow bud's. Very nice looking herb by the way.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42365&pictureid=1099182&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] This is a pic of my last couple of bud's from my Santa Marta I grew from Reeferman seed's, the closest ive got to gold bud's.

Wow, that brings back memories. I swear I can almost feel it. Hat's off to you.
:tiphat:

Those buds certainly have a golden aura about it. The pistols look really gold. They look very well trimmed. Did the smallest leaves look yellow?

I grew a Hawaiian Haze once that was light golden brown similar to yours. I grew it with very restricted nitrogen and the tiniest leaves were very bright yellow. I trimmed only the larger leaves, and in a bagful it looked like the CG of yesteryear. If you do the same, you would probably be very close to what I remember of the original CG, but my memory is bad because it was a long, long time ago. I'm interested in what Red Rider thinks.

I hope those buds smoked as good as they look.

Thanks so much for posting and making me smile,

ThaiBliss

:biggrin:

window

Veteran
High

High

Thanks Thai, the gold colour seems to have come out in the cure as when I first put the herb in my jar the calyx were more silvery blue and the pistils not so intense.
The bud's have a lemon/cat piss aroma when squeezed and an incense taste when smoked. I just had a small pipe and when I exhaled I instantly broke out a small sweat above my nose and then euphoria kick's in. The buzz is up/clear and after five minutes I can feel my eyelids become heavier and it feel's as if gravity is pulling my head upwards, ha ha, it feel's good.
If I were to smoke more it becomes up and down, high and stoned as Red Rider say's, a trait of some Lumbo's I believe.

advancedbrain

red rider, I was wondering if you had any tips on growing the punto rojo strain. I'm going to be ordering some seeds soon from cannabiogen and I will be growing it in a greenhouse in california.

I was thinking of just having a seed run for now and growing a couple of plants in 1 gallon smartpots. What are your thoughts on this?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Punto Rojo

Punto Rojo

red rider, I was wondering if you had any tips on growing the punto rojo strain. I'm going to be ordering some seeds soon from cannabiogen and I will be growing it in a greenhouse in california.

I was thinking of just having a seed run for now and growing a couple of plants in 1 gallon smartpots. What are your thoughts on this?

Hi, that is a very good question. I really couldn’t tell you how Colombian (Punto Rojo) grows outside of its natural environment. However my experience with growing her is very simple, I don’t germ the seed but I would if I didn’t have many. And I grow in soil, little or no plant food, lots of lots of light. Water lightly and they grow fast. Males show first at about two months from seed, then the females at about three months. Flowering takes a long time and here I have multiple harvests as individual branches ripen. Colombian cannabis in general grows very fast and vigorous; it’s tough and almost hard to kill. After a nice cure the finished buds are world class connoisseur cannabis with an effect like no other. 1 Gal pots are fine and will help keep the size down.
red rider

E

El Tiberon

Hi Red. I just found this thread. I will be in Colombia within the next little bit.

E

El Tiberon

Bring smoking devices & visine.
I will be bringing a lot of indoor growing gear anda couple hundred beans certainly. My wife doesn't mind me growing or smoking but she does not like me smoking in the house.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SMG

SMG

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=42365&pictureid=1099182&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] Still waiting for the pic's of the blond seedless flower's Red.:biggrin:
Blond or gold marijuana is something I'm interested in as it's not something we saw much of in the U.K, most of our import was pale to dark green African and maybe a bit of Thai.
This is a pic of my last couple of bud's from my Santa Marta I grew from Reeferman seed's, the closest ive got to gold bud's.
Randy, I've read Smokescreen, that is a great book with some cool pic's, especially the one with the parrot lying on top of all those yellow bud's. Very nice looking herb by the way.

Beautiful golden spears window and so sorry about not posting any current fotos. I have quite a bit going on at the moment and just haven't gotten to it. Your buds are definitely gold and look like the real thing to me. The Colombian grown cripy I've been getting here is almost the color of blond hashish and looks yellow in the bowl. But yes yours looks good to me, I'll try to get some fotos up of the new batch I've got on order.

red rider

advancedbrain

Hi, that is a very good question. I really couldn’t tell you how Colombian (Punto Rojo) grows outside of its natural environment. However my experience with growing her is very simple, I don’t germ the seed but I would if I didn’t have many. And I grow in soil, little or no plant food, lots of lots of light. Water lightly and they grow fast. Males show first at about two months from seed, then the females at about three months. Flowering takes a long time and here I have multiple harvests as individual branches ripen. Colombian cannabis in general grows very fast and vigorous; it’s tough and almost hard to kill. After a nice cure the finished buds are world class connoisseur cannabis with an effect like no other. 1 Gal pots are fine and will help keep the size down.
red rider

I've been reading a bit on the growing pure sativas thread, is the little/no plant food so that it doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time to flower?

For the individual harvests you still check that the majority of trichomes are cloudy, or do you prefer more amber in your sativas?

Also sorry for asking so many questions but how long do you like to cure this particular strain for?

Thanks!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing I would like to make clear is that the quality of the cannabis we grow comes from 3 basic things, genetics, growing conditions and drying/curing. So that being said, if you grow seeds from here outside of their native conditions (high altitude tropical sunlight and rich volcanic soil) your results will be different. I'm not saying that the finished flowers won't be good, they just won't be the same as Colombian grown cannabis. I cut my plants when the trichs are cloudy because amber makes the effect very sleepy to me. And I'm sorry to say this but growing cannabis indoors in Colombia is defeating the purpose.

red rider

E

El Tiberon

When Colombia legalizes I will take it outside to the family finca and do it outside like I did in Mexico but until then I will keep it inside in my aero rails. I quit selling weed when we left Mexico and we decided it was best for me to leave that life behind. I don't have the need to harvest that kind of weight any longer.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lumbo

Lumbo

When Colombia legalizes I will take it outside to the family finca and do it outside like I did in Mexico but until then I will keep it inside in my aero rails. I quit selling weed when we left Mexico and we decided it was best for me to leave that life behind. I don't have the need to harvest that kind of weight any longer.

Well I wish you the best with that. I personally don’t grow anything under artificial light here since the sunlight in Colombia is of course super intense and I believe gives cannabis a unique complexity to the effect. Where I live at 2,700mt the sunlight will not only burn your skin at an amazing speed but it can give you a stroke as well. And with air temps in the 60s you don’t even feel it. Also my goal of growing cannabis here is recapturing the super fine Colombian of my youth, so I have to grow outdoors to be authentic. I don’t worry about the law because you can legally grow up to 20 plants and unless you’re foolish the cops don’t even look for it. I see balcony’s here every day with cannabis growing among other exotic flowers. It is good to know there’s another IC mag member growing down here though.
Peace
Red rider

E

El Tiberon

Well I wish you the best with that. I personally don’t grow anything under artificial light here since the sunlight in Colombia is of course super intense and I believe gives cannabis a unique complexity to the effect. Where I live at 2,700mt the sunlight will not only burn your skin at an amazing speed but it can give you a stroke as well. And with air temps in the 60s you don’t even feel it. Also my goal of growing cannabis here is recapturing the super fine Colombian of my youth, so I have to grow outdoors to be authentic. I don’t worry about the law because you can legally grow up to 20 plants and unless you’re foolish the cops don’t even look for it. I see balcony’s here every day with cannabis growing among other exotic flowers. It is good to know there’s another IC mag member growing down here though.
Peace
Red rider
Would you like to say that again? There is no law to allow growing in Colombia. There is a law that says if caught possessing less than 22 grams of cannabis/ or 1 gram of coke you will be let loose or taken to jail depending on how high you are. After the 3rd offense it is mandatory the offender go to rehab. Are you so sure you live in Colombia?

E

El Tiberon

I don't understand your words of the sun giving you a stroke as well since I am still alive today and have spent so much time in the mountains of Valle Del Cauca. We must live on two different planets unless you are simply being dramatic.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for your comments. However I have been living and growing weed here for about ten years and read up on the current Colombian drug laws. I'm not going to waste my time telling them to you. As far as the strength of the sun here its very easy to get a "sun stroke" here and even the natives cover up in the direct sun. If your going to grow inside in Colombia (or anywhere else for that matter) why are you posting in my Colombian "land race" thread? You see this thread is about Colombian genetics grown in Colombia under the Colombian sun. What planet are you on?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perfect growing climate

Perfect growing climate

This is one of the best growing climates on the planet, why would anyone even think about growing indoors here? I'm only interested in growing pure Colombian sativa here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is where the best sativa in the world comes from.

red rider

Last edited: