What's new

Colombian Gold x Grapefruitbowl

G

Cheers Herb. The non-AF females are similar just taller, don't look like they will yield much more, just a more elongated stem at the base and similar bud mass. This one is 3 feet tall, they are only in 2 litre 6-inch pots so I imagine they could get bigger outdoors.

P1010113.jpg

P1010114.jpg

I've grown Lowryder a few times indoors and found it a complete waste of time, no potency and most were only 6 inches high, some were 3 inches, just total crap, this is my attempt to make somthing AF and more suitable to my needs (potency and greater size)

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Talking about the "ultimate strech ryder?":

:yeahthats :fsu:

These babies are pregnant and are totally overripe. I found couple plants that have ok, quite "standard" potency and one that is potent (surprised me), others were totally shwaq!!! These could be ok to get something in your pockets, if you plant 100 - 150 of these beans :eek: Please let me know if you dont wanna see these rants in your lovely thread and I erase them, ok?

And yeah, I forgot that those ps x mm were in 2 litre pots. When they are growing in direct sunlight with bigger rootspace they will propably get bigger. Have you sampled these ps x mm buds yet? I would really want to know what kind of high she produces. Let´s hope potency compensates low yeilds!

By the way, what is the heritage of Purple Skunk?

G

Yeah, that non Af one sure is a stretchy leggy girl.

I'm always happy for folks to post interesting shots and info and experiences, sharing is how we learn, thanks for your input, much appreciated.

This is my first time growing PSxMM so i don;t know what the smoke is like, but I will post a smoke report.

No idea what Purple Skunk is, I was gifted 6 PSxMM beans ages ago, either from Poland or Canada, can't remember who sent me them.

G

Here is an update on the Colombian Gold x Grapefruitbowl. She is 58 days into 12/12 and the head bud is as hard as a rock. Lots of triches and she is really sticky to the touch. Definitely Grapefruitbowl dominant, but the smell is different, some of the sandalwoody Colombian influence is lurking in there but she is still fruity, doesn't smell like Grapefruits, not sure what it smells like exactly, but smells very nice.

The yield doesn't looks to be all that great, but she is well pollinated and bearing lots of seeds so that has to be taken into account the lower buds are small, but she is under a 250 so this is to be expected. I will probably harvest the top cola and leave the lower buds a while longer to fill out a bit. If I don't relocate I may reveg her so I can do another run sensimilla to see how well she can yield. I really, really wish I still had the 3 clones of her. The calyx to leaf ratio is improved over the pure Grapefruitbowl, although I think there is still room for further improvement.

I may well choose the F2s of this strain as my next grow, just do this one strain so I can do a decent number to make selections as I want to select the phenos with the most Colombian influence. The male used to make the F2s was the Colombian pheno so I would expect to see some Colombian dom individuals in the f2s.

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Last edited:
G

The triches are still mostly clear but beginning to turn cloudy, one or two amber ones too, could probably pick at 65 days, but i think I'll let her go over 70 to ensure seed viability. Again, I wish I had the clones so I could see how long they take to flower, this one, being seeded gives a bti of a false impression, but I'd say 60-65 days is about right. If I still had the clones I would have piced one at 60, one at 65 and one at 70 to compare.

P1010017.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Thanks for checking in tank, here's the lil armoured unit I have protecting my stash from unruly parents! lol

P1010002.jpg

G

Sorry its been such a long time since I updated this thread, but I have been kinda busy sorting my life out, organising things for my move to Amsterdam, yada, yada, yada.

Anyways, I harvested the Colombian Gold x Grapefruitbowl lady after 68 days. She was lovely, one nice single cola with some small side buds, glad I trimmed off the lower branches as I have discovered that with plants this size under a 250w light, the penetration of the low wattage bulb is only far enough to grow short plants and the lower branches don't get enough light.

The yield was impossible to gauge as she was heavily seeded, producing over 200 seeds, but there was still a good deal of very nice bud to smoke. I image unseeded, this could be a good yielder. I eagerly await setting up my new garden in Amsterdam and starting some of the F2s from this lady. The buds were very dense, and very frosty. Potency was good, the taste being Grapfruitbowl dominant but there was an added note from the Colombian Gold for sure, making the fruityness different, a sandalwood/pepper/spice tone was definitely there, and the high was more in the head than Grapefruitbowl, showing some Colombian influence again. I definitely want to increase the Colombian influence so I will be selecting Colombian dom phenos from the F2s to make the F3s. I feel that the desired traits I wished to introduce - yield, bud density, reduced flower time and reduced stretch are all present in this hybrid, but the Colombian influence is too small, so i hope that through careful selection I can get closer to the taste and effect of the Colombian but retain the desired traits from the Grapefruitbowl.

I;d descride the taste of this one a being like some kind of sour fruit like those little sugary fruit chews kids eat, this doesn't sound half as delicious as it actually is! I really wish I still had the 4 clones I took of this lady as she was a definite keeper, being better than the 11-week Thai x Afghan lady I had been keeping as a fruity, tasty, yet uplifting smoke and would have replaced her in my mother line-up. I'm sure I will find another keeper in the F2s. I always seemed to reach for this jar first, definitely my favourite of the smokes I've grown in the last few months.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola Hempire!!!

Nice to see it´s your favorite smoke. It must been something special if it goes forward of all those crazy sativas..

I received sturdy male Mendo Purp´s clone and was thinking to cross it with my Neville´s Haze to bring down the flowering time (which isnt too) and fatten up yield, but still with good potency and maybe nice color...

Beware Amsterdam :D

G

Hola Herb, thanks for stoppin by!

Actually, it's the best I've had since the Zamal x Nevs Haze and pure Colombian Gold ran out. Since then I've harvested a few Bluebnerries, Grapefruitbowl, Widowhaze x Grapefruitbowl, Purple Rhino, Swazi, Purple Skunk x Mighty Mite, Purple Power and a couple of others. It is only a step along the way though, an intermediate point as I aim to increase the Colombian influence.

I don't know much about the Purps but have heard it's very very good. The Nevs Haze is one of the all-time greats imho, I would love a good NH mother and a SSH too.

Amsterdam needs to be warned that I am coming! lol The British Hempire is going to colonise the Netherlands, starting with it's capital! lol

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
British_Hempire said:
I don't know much about the Purps but have heard it's very very good. The Nevs Haze is one of the all-time greats imho, I would love a good NH mother and a SSH too.

Amsterdam needs to be warned that I am coming! lol The British Hempire is going to colonise the Netherlands, starting with it's capital! lol

The Purp´s I have is from the seeds of bcbuddepot. Were you talking about the "clone only" Mendocino Purp´s, or have heard good things about bcbd´s Mendo Purp´s? Anyway, the cross should be quite nice, the Neville´s Haze female is the most potent plant I have ever cultivated, but I havent never smoked the Mendo Purp´s!!

Yeah, the dam is going to get emperor -> Emperor Of Getting High <- now that´s much said when we are talking about place like dam!!!

Seriously, I wait all the crazy plants you are going to cultivate!!!

G

Hola Herd

Thanks for the kind wods man, anytime you are heading to Holland, look me up, you're always welcome to come crash at my place, and I'm sure there will be many weekends when I could use an extra pare of hands to trim! lol

Don't know about the BCBudDepot one, the Mendocine variety is the one I;ve heard a lot of good about. There is a current thread about THSeeds Da Purps where you can find a load of opinions and info on various Purps varieties, the THSeeds one looks pretty rubbish.

Latest posts

Latest posts