What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian B&B

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings my friends
I have a good friend here (icmag) and in real life that's currently buying the most beautiful finca in paipa. He's working on setting up a canna friendly bed and breakfast, the first in Boyaca. Still a lot of details to work out but I'd like to talk about it here as the project unfolds. I look forward to seeing many of my friends there in the near future.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do believe it's a good idea for a lot of reasons all from my perspective. After a lifetime of psyodelic experiences I understand the importance of set and setting and that it can make the difference between a regular experience and a life changing one. Sure it would be killer to smoke some exotic Colombian sun grown mountain sativa on your couch. However imagine smoking that sativa in the beautiful mountains where it's grown with the beautiful people that grew it. The climate (December throu March is clear blue skies and warm temperatures) and the festive culture combined with real Colombian (craft) cannabis, I get excited just thinking
IMG_20191107_093845.jpg
about it. I'm looking forward to this year

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got to say that I have become spoiled living here, every morning is an event. I get up before the sun, grind the finest beans and start the coffee. I like my Colombian but also Malawi or even some tasty Caribe to go with that first cup and sunrise. I love it, the coffee with the sativa and that anticipation of a glorious day. We know several high quality small output coffee cultivators in the area that supply us the best beans. But that's just one of the unique things that I enjoy here.
View attachment 18807208

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The little town of paipa is kind of my home base at the moment. I really like the climate and laided back culture. The natives of this deverse high altitude department are calm and friendly but more reserved than the paisa or coastal people. Centuries of tradition abounds here in the in paipa and the surrounding little towns, to me this is a fascinating place to explore high on local sativa. Many things here of super high quality and locally produced. Of course there's the coffee but fruits and vegetables so fresh and organicly grown, as well as local beef and dairy products. Of course I don't like every thing here but I'll tell you some of my favorite things here to eat and do high.
IMG-20230204-WA0000.jpg

Best empanadas in Paipa and very good coffee
IMG_20220509_192248.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really enjoy writing about 20 + years of living and growing in Colombia. I haven't even thought too much about returning to the USA. I will say there's some things I miss about the states but not enough to want to leave the beautiful mountains here.
FB_IMG_16755136833474379.jpg

Tolima

I had been dreaming for years about having a small finca to grow rare sativa outdoors under optimal conditions. And having a few special guest come enjoy what I live. I'm thinking my buddy shares a lot of my ideas and even more.
IMG_20191013_090245.jpg

Now with a new president the cannabis laws are changing and I'm sure recreational will be full on legal in 18 months. I can see a lot of copy cat "dispensery" stores selling indo with fancy names and inflated lab babble. But the way I see it as a dedicated enthusiastic if I'm going to vactation in Colombia, I'm going to want real local sun grown Colombian sativa. I would want to get off the plane and taste that connoisseur lumbo first thing, right after hello.
IMG_20220527_124023.jpg

I belive this B&B idea is the start of something that will bring a new look to Colombia.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings!
After considerable effort my American friends (and neighbors) are very close to opening their cannabis bed and breakfast. Last week the owners had a local chef pay a visit and we were invited to a gourmet meal. I really had a good time and enjoyed some local outdoor Colombian.
IMG_20231024_133218419_MFNR~2.jpg

Colombian grown Ethiopian genetics that produces a strong wonderful effect. I liked it so much I actually bought some for further research. The food was prepared at the B&b from fresh produce and beef purchased fresh in Paipa. The food the weed the company and the view made for an epic afternoon.
IMG_20231028_174353257_MFNR.jpg

IMG_20231028_174411213_MFNR.jpg

I can see myself spending lots of time here. I'll update with details as soon as I get them.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Ethiopian was grown outdoors locally (Paipa) and is very narrow leaf tropical. Untrimmed airy wispy spear like buds, I never saw the living plants just dried flowers. It's drier than I like it but burns clean with a strong spice flavor that's really tasty. The hit comes on strong and quick, uplifting and all in the head. Light euphoria that builds slightly, slightly motavating but at the same time bland. Like a rocket ride that never leaves the blast pad. However it's quite satisfying and clean with no tolerance build up. Overall the Colombian grown Ethiopian is a nice tasty treat. However I don't like buying and I like what I grow better.
IMG_20201018_064956.jpg

red rider

limegreenlimey

I am going to be in Cartagena next June and would appreciate any tips you have for travel, places to stay etc in that part of the country...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cartagena , the beautiful Caribbean city. I was there about two years ago. I like Cartagena despite the heat and it being super tourist.
IMG_20210918_095521.jpg

I unfortunately don't know the city well anymore. You've got to use common sense and be careful.
IMG_20210915_071910.jpg

Kinda pricey but I like this hotel the Carib , right on the beach and killer poolside breakfast buffet.
Weed is easy to score on the beach but don't get over charged. Anything can be bought on the beach but be descret and super careful.
IMG_20210917_175315.jpg

I'll be happy to answer questions I might know about but Cartagena fun and relitivly safe.
IMG_20210917_175453.jpg

red rider

Latest posts

Latest posts