What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal Silver Project

idiit

Veteran
Okay, My friend Toker 69 used 60 on a regular basis as he discovered his 40 ppm was taking up to 40 days before sacks produced pollen. He switched to the 60 ppm and had sacks in 14 days and produced pollen by day 21-28. He had mentioned the pollen you speak of; as it is clumpy. he kept spraying until the pollen was really fine and falling out all over. He was working with Auto's at the time.
^ yeah, experience is best. some strains need higher ppm's and the purity of the solution also comes into play. really clean jar and silver is a major facet. the goof off is really good at getting stuff very clean. fingers need to be kept clean when handling the silver as you can have cleaned the jar and silver really well but if the fingers aren't squeaky clean (fouled from the silver you just cleaned) the silver gets fouled again when putting it back on the clips to immerse for the next go.

goof off is essential imo. iso alcohol doesn't even come close to goof off. I get my bong very clean in under 3 minutes using goof off. the bowl takes a little longer, but still very quick. I clean my cs jar in under 3 minutes with goof off. the silver takes a while longer; I use a wire brush and resoak one time after the first go and the silver is clean after a few wire brush stokes for the second go..

getting cs past 20 ppm's and still having a clear cs solution ( not cloudy, dark looking) can be very difficult; at least it was for me until I learned the trick I posted earlier about leaving the silver in the cs solution for a couple of days after unplugging the cs unit.

^ yeah, experience is best. some strains need higher ppm's and the purity of the solution also comes into play. really clean jar and silver is a major facet. the goof off is really good at getting stuff very clean. fingers need to be kept clean when handling the silver as you can have cleaned the jar and silver really well but if the fingers aren't squeaky clean (fouled from the silver you just cleaned) the silver gets fouled again when putting it back on the clips to immerse for the next go.

goof off is essential imo. iso alcohol doesn't even come close to goof off. I get my bong very clean in under 3 minutes using goof off. the bowl takes a little longer, but still very quick. I clean my cs jar in under 3 minutes with goof off. the silver takes a while longer; I use a wire brush and resoak one time after the first go and the silver is clean after a few wire brush stokes for the second go..

getting cs past 20 ppm's and still having a clear cs solution ( not cloudy, dark looking) can be very difficult; at least it was for me until I learned the trick I posted earlier about leaving the silver in the cs solution for a couple of days after unplugging the cs unit.

I think I mentioned I bought mine 16 oz at 240 ppm distilled water and mixed it in food-grade spritz bottle from heath-food store. water measured 0 ppm's after mixing finally to 62 ppm's. I could have went lower but wanted to try Toker 69's last experiment before they (420 mag.) stopped the thread in it's tracks.

10th day spraying colloidal silver at 62 ppm's on UK Cheese branch's on two different pheno's; one shorter and one vigorous. Hope to get pollen and self pollinate just the two branches. (This is an experiment and what happens happens.)

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Dope thread!!!

Got some 500 ppm from the health food store. Planning on mixing 12oz of distilled water with the 2 oz of cs.

I already have an atomizer spray bottle, but will need to store the rest of the solution.

Any tips on storage?

idiit

Veteran
^ cs needs to be kept out of light, especially strong light ie sunlight. hid light. incandescent levels over prolonged period ( months),

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Does the whole plant reverse or just the affected areas?

I want to reverse a male at the same time as collecting some of his pollen.

idiit

Veteran
^ just the sprayed part in successful cs reversal.

there are male cs reversal threads here at ic iirc.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Gotta spread some rep around first I guess.

Thanks for the info.

I know sam had a thread on it a while back.

smilley

Veteran
Nice job smilley. Was the latest reversal successful in producing viable pollen?

Sorry for taking so long but harvest is finally complete and yes the feminized pollen was successful. I now have two new feminized hybrid strains JOTI BB x BCBD BB (fem) and JOTI BB x BC Kush (fem). I've also got 4 pouches of frozen fem pollen and 4 pouches of frozen reg pollen, both JOTI BB.

I'm really happy with the results, it seemed so easy this time. Having my own femmed seeds allows me to maximize the returns from my small stealth grow space. No worries of not having enough females to fill the garden.

idiit

Veteran
^and did that with 20 ppm store bought cs?

nice job. I've found that many strains would not reverse at 20 ppm which is why I gave out my trick of raising cs ppm's by leaving in the silver for a few days after unplugging the cs machine when/after 20 ppm's was reached.

Twenty two days spraying Colloidal Silver...the white hairs are starting to turn a dingy brownish color but no sign of pollen sacks yet...Keep on keeping on; as they say.

Success

Success

:woohoo: I have Pollen sacks after 24 days of spraying 63ppm colloidal silver.
DSCF6512.JPG
:woohoo:
Look at top center of bud you you'll see the sack.

Last edited:

Arf

it can take up to three weeks of treatment for some strains I am told, but generally 10 to 14 days. was talking to my friend and he reminded me it's from start of 12/12 , not at first signs of flowering, sorry my bad ;)

How do you know that the plant wasn't a male already if you don't wait for first signs of flowering?

idiit

Veteran
How do you know that the plant wasn't a male already if you don't wait for first signs of flowering?
most plants indicate early; as early as the 6th node in veg. sometimes. indicating is not onset of flowering. indicating occurs in early veg. onset of flowering is the end of veg and beginning of flowering cycle.

if the plant was a clone from a true female then you know it's a female.

I just got 2 gals to flip with 50 tds colloidal silver and the pollen sacs on most did not yield pollen. I have 2 more behind them that are great; 100% yielding pollen. I had recommended up to 50 tds earlier and later realized that is too hot for some strains.

i'm using 30 tds and that should work great for most strains that don't reverse at 20 ppm tds colloidal silver.

I gave out my secret of letting the silver sit in the jar for a couple of days after pulling the electricity plug. this will take up the colloidal silver tds around 10 ppm per day. you can get the cs very "hot".

in post 67 and 77 I went over this for the first time to make sure ppl were aware that you can overdo the tds colloidal silver with the technique I shared. I just confirmed this. 2 gals reversed wonderfully at 50 ppm tds and two other gals did not yield much female pollen but did reverse.

elvis would not reverse at lower cs strength. there is a happy medium to be found in the colloidal silver tds readings for optimum results.

Arf

30ppm is what I read as optimum too. I haven't tried CS yet, but I intend to. It would be nice if there was some easy way to measure the ethylene levels to gauge the effect.

Late to the party here and have females already several weeks into flowering outdoors. Any chance the CS method could get me some seeds?