What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colloidal silver and autoflowering plants

Mr.Kade

I'm planing on making feminized seeds with some ppp clones.
My problem is that 3 of my clones seem to be showing an auto flowering trait. From what I've read,

(http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php? t=60610&highlight=Colloidal+Silver)

your supposed to start spraying a female with a colloidal silver solution right before switching to 12/12.
What if my plants are showing preflowers before i switch??? will this affect my seeds???

Has anyone ever tried making fem seeds with a plant that's already started flowering????

Last edited:
I cannot answer your question, except to say that your plant is not necessarily "auto flowering". Many strains get pre-flowers while still in vegging. I believe that auto-flowering and pre-flowering are two different things.

BonsaiBud

Can you give us a little history as to the mother's age and maturity when the clone was taken; her photoperiod at time of clone; and the photoperiod of the clone chamber?

I've got a normal bagseed indica that has been reveging with 24/0 for 2 weeks and still puts out hairs. No smell, no THC, but the thing wants to burst into flower and stink up the room with the slightest hint of night.

Set your clone light to 24/0 if it isn't already and get any red/yellow color light out of there. My bagseed are reveging under HPS. My Satori are reveging under 460 actinic and 2700K CFL. The Satori eventually returned to pure veg growth.

Mr.Kade

Hempstress, thanks. I think your right, it was just preflowers.
They don't seem to be flowering anymore. I got a lil' scared there.

and i switched my red bulb to a blue bulb just in case. I get lower temperatures with blue lights anyway.

Thanks guys.
Peace.

Skrappie

I think your question is already answered, but in depth, I've gotten into the habit of starting seeds at the end of a current flowering period when looking for new phenos.

Given two weeks of 12/12 a plant from seed won't be fully into flower, but most plants will be considering it, if not starting.
When you harvest and get to vegging your...veggers, they will basically be on "hold" for flowering the entire time. Its like when you veg a clone.

Long story sort, when you're ready to flower, your girls will be only a few days ( not weeks) behind you. its a good thing

Just spray them when YOU'RE ready to induce flowering

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts