What's new

Colloidal Silver @ 50 PPM, 2 weeks into Flowering - Time to See Fem-Balls ?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
What about using more power instead of a pump?

For the cost of that Tiresias, you should be able to get more silver, in the form of silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate for STS. I made silver nitrate for less than a dollar a gram from old dimes and figured excess could always be auctioned off, but CS would be a lucrative business if you guys are really willing to pay that much for that little.

EverythingsHazy

What about using more power instead of a pump?

For the cost of that Tiresias, you should be able to get more silver, in the form of silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate for STS. I made silver nitrate for less than a dollar a gram from old dimes and figured excess could always be auctioned off, but CS would be a lucrative business if you guys are really willing to pay that much for that little.

Excessive power might cause bigger particle formation which isn't what you want. The cs is supposed to build up in the plant, so if you have a low ppm, just spray it more times throughout the day. When the water evaporated all thats left is the cs bits and the more you spray the higher the dose.

30ppm sprayed once a day vs 15 sprayed twice should be the same for the plant.

EverythingsHazy

I disagree. Making your own CS is a waste of time and money unless you need a very large amount. The cost of silver wire, 9v batteries, fish air pump, and distilled water will be at least 2x the cost of a bottle.
For one plant, if you are willing to risk the $15-$30 for a bottle of impure "cs" that will burn the crap out of your plant, then yea a bottle of premade stuff can work. But if you want to breed it is foolish to buy it already made when it works better when made properly and is cheaper.that combo is rare

Latest posts

Latest posts