What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cold weather experiment (ghs cheese)

rocket high

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
since the weather is cold... i thought i would put my two cheese mothers in a cupboard with one 20w cfl on 24hrs and no heating its been an average of 10c thats 50 f for our american friends,
picture.php
they have started to show the strain after 4 weeks :thinking:
16 week old cheese mothers
coco pots
temps 10c -50f
feed E.C 1.2
ph 5.9

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Any bugs ???????????????.
The ph is far to low for soil.
Below 50* is cause for plant death.

rocket high

Veteran
no bugs ludo the ph is fine in coco ive raised it to ph 6.0 (1.5 ec) at the mo ... temps are 14c/57f they look good for these conditions what do you think ;)
picture.php

LUDACRIS

Veteran
I was looking at pic 4 and it looks like rust spots to me and your temps are to low.
Have you hade a look for bugs on the underside of those leafes with the rust spots on them ??????????.
The distorsion and twisty growth are a suspicion.

LUDA.

rocket high

Veteran
[pic no 4 ]that was a rogue leaf that had me scratching my head it was the only one with these spots ... and deff no bugs ... its a experiment to see if these cheese's can handle our late spring temperatures coz they're going outside ... so wanted to see if they will die at low temps and high humidity but they are strong as f*ck and the leafs are like leather thick :)

LUDACRIS

Veteran
[pic no 4 ]that was a rogue leaf that had me scratching my head it was the only one with these spots ... and deff no bugs ... its a experiment to see if these cheese's can handle our late spring temperatures coz they're going outside ... so wanted to see if they will die at low temps and high humidity but they are strong as f*ck and the leafs are like leather thick :)

They will never survive outdoors at these temps and its getting near bug time so outdoors is a no no unless you really want to kill them.

LUDA.
:hide:

rocket high

Veteran
have you grown out door before ?....... i have with relative success ... but for the deer they were a problem ... nice and juicy the buggers loved them.
they were haleys comet..impressive for this climate...it depends on the summer if its good or not ..

LUDACRIS

Veteran
If you are in scotland the temps are still below 0* at night and i always grow indoors and even at 10* outdoors max/daytime at this time just wont work.

rocket high

Veteran
am talking the last week in april -first week in may so should'nt be too cold ... either way there going out .... and am fencing them in this time ;)

mosstrooper

What happened with these plants in the end?
Did it all just go horribly wrong? Or did the plants just end up so big, smuggling them out would have been like trying to transport a xmas tree in a bin bag?
:laughing:

rocket high

Veteran
They budded but they were airy and didnt go outside in the end ... the colours they turned were beautiful tho. ive got five off the mother thats at a fellow growers house but she's been alive for 4 years so i think she's tired as the clones are very weak ... so i wont be doing them again.