What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cold Adaptation - Freezing Temps. & Seedlings in Early Flowering

St. Phatty

I have about 5 plants outdoors, next to Cannabis Cat #1's feeding dish.

1 of them is declared Female, another is declaring Male.

The other 3 are taking their time, but looking healthy - for plants that have to deal with high 20's - low 30's night-time temps.

attachment.php

I am thinking about letting the male & female (both Purple Trainwreck x Apollo 11) do their thing and make seeds.
But I had a question.

It seems like they - the seedlings - would be cold-adapted.

I'm just wondering if that is true.

Is cold adaptation a trait that can be passed on genetically ?

About every other day the sun comes out for a few hours and the plants open up their leaves and grow & look happy.

Attachments

• IMG_3797_+__.jpg
    IMG_3797_+__.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3800_coLd.jpg
    IMG_3800_coLd.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 11

Budpirate

Well i guess cold adaptation is a trait that can be passed on genetically, however such genetic adaptations wont be happening in such a short time that we are talking about here, think you would need to selectivly breed many plants over many generations to get any noticable genetic adaptation to cold.

Latest posts

Latest posts