What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coffeeshops

S

stonescafe

just wanted to ask all you folks whats your favourite coffeeshop in good old AMSTERDAM mines stones corner the budtender rich is a cool guy and so is budtender rachel. :joint:

Yellowmoon

probably amnesia, bluebird and the old pink floyd. stones corner is nice too.

i need to go back there to refresh my memory. :rasta:

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are so many good coffeeshops. But my favorite, atm, is Mellow Yellow; the first coffeeshop in Amsterdam and still going strong. I also like Green Place, Grey Area, Homegrown Fantasy, Amnesia, & Bluebird. So many shops, so little time. ;) Peace.

B

British_Bulldog

Hi Puffin,

Mellow Yellow still going in the Dam?!

Is it not right that Nol had acquired the original fittings of Mellow Yellow, as I saw the re-construction in ex-Haarlem Hemp Museum back in 2001, and has since subsequently exported it all to Spain??!

Ciao!

B

British_Bulldog

Puffin man - I'm still curious about Mellow Yellow, especially since you've mentioned it again in another thread - please shed some light on the situation if you would, thanks ;)

Peace

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
There is ANOTHER Mellow Yellow - definitely NOT Nol's place... it is not near the Dam Square - it's along the 5 Tramline out near the Albert Cuypt Markt as I recall...the kind of place with pool tables and locals hang out there. Not too fancy, perhaps they will have some hash?

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
My favourite was ABRAXAS behind Madame Tussauds, off the Nieuwezijdes Voorburgwal...look for their neon sign on the corner. They are across the alley from the famed Supper Club. In the old days we would sit in Abraxas and look into the Supper Club windows before they sealed it off for more privacy. Ask for Alan or Erol.

buttyrekka

de tweed kamer and homegrown fantasy are nice...i used to like de kuul(?)the old 420)dont now whether its still open though...

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
My Favorite are...green place, amnesia, grey area, dampkring (all three)

Ones I like to pop in...stix (both), greenhouse united, mellow yellow, noon, barneys, bluebird, de Kuil, and a few other

but my overall favorite in the Netherlands are Willie Wortels (Indica, Sativa and Sensimilla) in Haarlem...I always stay in Haarlem during my trips to Holland, since I drive my car there, and its possible to park the car for free in the residential area, plus I just love Haarlem

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
British_Bulldog said:
Puffin man - I'm still curious about Mellow Yellow, especially since you've mentioned it again in another thread - please shed some light on the situation if you would, thanks ;) Peace

What do you want to know? It is located on Vijzelgracht 33; not too far from the Heiniken Experience/Brewery. It's a large shop with a friendly staff. Has various forms of entertainment while there; pool table, table football, pinball machine, coin-op computer, video game, wifi, big screen tv, and coin-op juke box. It has quite an extensive menu with some choice herb and hash to be had, like Blueberry, Trainwreck, Cheese, Lavender Haze, Strawberry Haze, S5 (aka Pot of Gold), Super Silver Haze, LA Confidential, Bubblegum Haze and the list goes on n on. ;) Anything else you would like to know about MY, just ask. :) Peace.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
payaso said:
There is ANOTHER Mellow Yellow - definitely NOT Nol's place... it is not near the Dam Square - it's along the 5 Tramline out near the Albert Cuypt Markt as I recall...the kind of place with pool tables and locals hang out there. Not too fancy, perhaps they will have some hash?

There is only 1 Mellow Yellow. No, it's not owned by Nol of the Willie Wortel's, Haarlem fame. The trams that will deliver you closest to MY are 16 and 24. It is on the way to Albert Cuyp Market but not that close to it. Oh Yes! They definitely have some good hash and grass. ;) Peace n Pot.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
yep , there is only 1 MY and its not owned by Nol.

Did you guys heared that there is a (big) political party that wants to close ALL coffeeshops in Holland? Basterds.....

B

British_Bulldog

Hi Puffin :)

Ok thanks, I understand now, because before I was a bit confused because I know the history of Mellow Yellow (the 1st coffeeshop in A'dam, run by Wernard),

I also just saw this at - http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Mellow.html :

"Probably the first ever coffeeshop in Amsterdam, way back in the early 1970s. It was once run by a connoisseur called Wernard but the present-day shop is more commercial."

- I actually thought MY was no more nowadays, and have never been there! - which I should do next time I'm there for historical reasons, lol :D

I do know that some of the interior of the original shop was in the Global Hemp Museum in Haarlem though, as I saw it there 7 years ago, and I believe it's now in Spain at Nol's place in Andalucia.

Thanks,

Peace

Last edited:

plha

Moppel - There is huge pressure from EUs side. Some influential people cannot bear full trains of youth travelling every friday to NL from whole Europe. I heared social party didnt prolong licences of about thirty percent of coffeeshops. The main argument of anti-cofeeshop politics is that drug tolerance in Nl attracts problematic people from abroad... :asskick:

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
@plha, i know that, i am from holland. But is that a excuse to close all coffeeshops in the future? They have no F****** clue about what really is going on. How many people visit Amsterdam every year for the coffeeshops(or 3,4 or 5 times , Like our mate OJD)? And do they think these people dont go to restaurants , buy clothes , sleep in hotels etc etc etc? Amsterdam is gonna be a ghost town if they take away the coffeeshops (and red light district). People only come once for the tulips and windmails, but they will keep coming back forever for the shops and the whores.

@british bulldog, Nol hasnt got a coffeeshop or anything like that in spain, its like a little resort for smokers, and he doesnt have the interior there neither......believe me , i have been there.

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Hi Moppel,

I've usually got quite a good memory, more or less, lol, and I remember reading on a HempCity article/report that the old MY interior had been shipped there (to Andalucia), and I believe it's in storage, not being used: I'll have a look and see if I can find where I read it.

I saw Nol's reconstruction of M.Y. coffeeshop from the 70's, the original fittings given to him by Wernard, all set up in the Global Hemp Museum, and I thought it looked quite cool, especially from a historical point of view!

Peace

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
thats possible......but i though you ment he had it in his spanish coffeeshop. anyway......peace.

ladiosaverde

Favorite Cofeeshops

Favorite Cofeeshops

On my initial visit to Amsterdam 8 years ago, my all-time favorite coffeeshop was the Bluebird because of it's great Manali cream hash, but one of the most curiously interesting coffeeshop was Guapo's somewhere in the central region of Amsterdam...did'nt buy anything, but the owner was so funny!!! I have heard very good things recently about the Media Club near Albert Cuyt market where they sell organic Hindu Kush. Also, the Katsu has a very good reputation and it's also near the Albert Cuyt market. Have fun when your there and don't forget to try some delicious felafel at the Maoz. Peace :canabis:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Which have functioning Pinball Machines...? I think I remember Noon having one.

M.Y....? Cool - that is very near where I am staying in DEC......

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stasis said:
Which have functioning Pinball Machines...? I think I remember Noon having one.

M.Y....? Cool - that is very near where I am staying in DEC......

The Noon is too small to have a pinball machine. You are right though; MY does have one, upstairs. Peace.