What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coffeeshops that are open late on fridays

megamike23

I am flying into ams on friday and staying near the airport and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what coffeeshops I could go to that night. I should be ready to leave my hotel by midnight so I need a place open late.
Thanks

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
I think you need to do some research yourself. Here is the first hint, a little digging in the internet: http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/ACDfrmSt.html?ACDpage=Database/Streets/Towns.html click on Noord Holland area.

I would certainly suggest researching Haarlem coffeeshops first, because it is a smallish town and you'll find your way around easier than in A'dam,

You will easily get info on how to reach any destination on a Schiphol Information desk. The transport is easy and swift.

rgds, kov

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nearly all the good places are open untill 1 am on the weekends
but not grey area

B

baccas125

If you are staying by the airport first you need to take a shuttle bus to the airport. From there you will need to take the train to central station. Most shuttle busses are airport hotels stop running after Midnight. Hopefuly you are staying at one of the Hotels that are walkable to the airport so not return taxi ride is need. Nighttime rates are super high. It seems like they are almost triple the normal rate. I would follow the tram tracks on the right down the New Vorvenwal (sp) till you reach a coffee shop called Homegrown Hantasy. Not sure of the addy but i think it is in the 100 block of New vorgenwall. Im sure they are open till 1 am and the smokes not bad either.

G

its 3am weekends and 1am in the week ,bulldog palace in leidesplein opens till 4 i think

Tony Starks

Good looking out everyone on the info...

I too will be arriving friday evening and want to get aquainted with some of the coffeeshops to get to know people and rid myself of jetlag. :headbange

B

Boxy Brown

baccas125 said:
Not sure of the addy but i think it is in the 100 block of New vorgenwall. Im sure they are open till 1 am and the smokes not bad either.

luckily I saved there business card,

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 87
1012 RE, Amsterdam

Open 10:00am to 12:00am

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taxi to closest coffeeshop,, snatch a bag of skunk,, then take the taxi to the hotel.

Queso

yeah i agree with doc leaf.. u wont have much time to hang around in any shops.. so buy what u want and prepare to either smoke it in a bar that is open late or back at the hotel....

also HazyFontazy - are the shops all still open that late?? i thought those times only applied to bars. i was under the impression that once the coffeshop/liquor licenses were split.. the shops that kept there weed license had to follow the coffeeshop rules, which is that the shop must be closed by 1AM on weekends and 12 on weekdays or something. anyway, i could be wrong and i hope i am ;) .. lol let me know as i havent been since the coffeeshops stopped selling booze...

cheers and enjoy ur trip megamike

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always see the signs saying 3am on weekends but never find this to be true

im not sure about bulldog, but dampkring bushdocter greenhouse im pretty sure

hunters was doing 24 hours for a bit and dolphins but that changed by the next time i visited

mr.haze420

Veteran
for future reference all coffeshops in amsterdam close at 1am everyday. there is a shop in zaandvort, yanks, that is open til 3am everyday. limited menu though

THC4SIM

mr.haze420 said:
there is a shop in zaandvort

zaandvort is that where the beach is??
ive ment to visit the beach a couple of times whilst over there but never made it yet!

mr.haze420

Veteran
yes, and they have a yanks bar next door, also open til 3am for a cold one while having a puff

G

zandfoort is kinda cool to relax after a good few days in partyheaven. Very quiet out of season. Busy and fun in summer. Packed trains. Just outside of Haarlem.

Rufid

Ahhh Haarlem. I'm pretty sure part of me got left behind in that city. The urge to go back is difficult to fight.

mr.haze420

Veteran
coffeshops that served alchohol did stay open til 2-3am on weekends, now that they no longer serve it, all must close at 1 am everyday. in amsterdam that is the rule