What's new

Coconut water as fertilizer and bloom booster

[Maschinenhaus]

The described effect of coconut water is probably due to the high content of potassium, it is better to fertilize more potassium than phosphorus - N-P-K should rather be called N-K-P.

For the vegitation phase would be correct: more nitrogen (N) as potassium (K), more potassium (K) as phosphorus (P).

Then coconut water contains minerals that are often very little contained in many fertilizers but also salt!

100ml coconut water contains among others:

Salt: 17,53 mg
Potassium: 184,0 mg
magnesium: 16,8 mg
calcium: 11,2 mg
Iron: 0,13 mg

Where does the idea come from?

In the Pacific Islands, coconut water and coconut jelly (tender coconut meat) is the first food a child receives after weaning. Coconut water contains a great many nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, growth factors and other phytochemicals. Furthermore, coconut water contains good minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium.

It is particularly rich in potassium, an essential nutrient (a normal cup of 250 ml of coconut water contains more potassium than a banana). It also contains numerous trace elements of zinc, selenium, iodine, sulfur, manganese, boron, molybdenum and others.

They all come from volcanic soil and seawater. All minerals are in the form of electrolytes and thus are easily absorbed by the human body. Most of the health-promoting properties in coconut water are based on its mineral content.

Coconut water also contains cytokinins!

Some of the most interesting substances in coconut water are plant growth hormones, or more specifically, cytokinins. This refers to a group of hormones that regulate growth, development and aging. In some respects, parallels can be drawn with human hormones under the similar name "cytokines."

"Cytokinins" are equally known as anti-aging hormones. "Cytokinins" regulate cell division and influence the age of plants. Cytokinins have an anti-aging effect on human cells and tissues as well.

Importance of potassium (K) as a fertilizer.

Water-soluble potassium salts are used as fertilizers because plants have difficulty breaking down the potassium silicates found in the soil. The action of the essential macronutrient potassium in plants is diverse. In the xylem, it serves as an osmotic which is crucial for building root pressure. Potassium in leaf cells increases turgor, which leads to cell elongation and leaf area growth.

Also, by increasing the turgor, it ensures the opening of the stomata, which favors CO2 uptake and thus has a direct influence on photosynthetic performance.

If potassium is present in sufficient quantities, it promotes the formation of C3 sugars in a first step, which are processed into starch, cellulose, lignin and proteins in further metabolic processes influenced by potassium. Plants suffering from potassium deficiency show symptoms mainly on the older leaves. Potassium is retranslocated from them and transported into young leaves via the phloem. Typical symptoms of potassium deficiency are spot, intercostal and leaf margin chlorosis as well as leaf margin necrosis.

There is also a stunted habit and possibly wilting. Photooxidation may occur in the leaves during strong sunlight.

CAUTION!!!

A stronger excess of (K) causes root burns and calcium or magnesium deficiency.
Potassium is the antagonist of calcium - so both nutrients must be present in a proper ratio to each other in the plant and in the soil.

Important fertilizers containing potassium:

- Grain potash with MgO
- Patentkali
- Potassium sulfate
- Flory
- Nitrophoska
- Potash phosphate
- Potassium nitrate

Cytokinins can also be helpful in the vegitation phase.

Ipotato

Is it any coconut water off the shelf (I see sugar as ingredient in the one in my shop)

20221103_123903.jpg

[Maschinenhaus]

In our country there are organic or health food stores that offer pure coconut water without additives. It is best to drill the nut and then use this water fresh.

dr-goerg--deu-shop-bio-kokoswasser-12x1000ml.jpg

KOKOS_008_01.jpg

I dilute it 1:5 with osmosis water and give it, together with freshly mashed aloe at the beginning of the flowering phase as a booster. To the Aloe Vera species I grow and also use for old seeds, I write an extra chapter.

Another alternative would be:

Pure organic coconut water is a real booster in organic grow. Add 15ml of pure coconut water per liter of water to the irrigation water.

The coconut water causes the cannabis plants to grow faster and with shorter internode distances, become stronger, form more flower spikes.

Last edited:

Ipotato

In our country there are organic or health food stores that offer pure coconut water without additives. It is best to drill the nut and then use this water fresh.

dr-goerg--deu-shop-bio-kokoswasser-12x1000ml.jpg

KOKOS_008_01.jpg

I dilute it 1:5 with osmosis water and give it, together with freshly mashed aloe at the beginning of the flowering phase as a booster. To the Aloe Vera species I grow and also use for old seeds, I write an extra chapter.

Another alternative would be:

Pure organic coconut water is a real booster in organic grow. Add 15ml of pure coconut water per liter of water to the irrigation water.

The coconut water causes the cannabis plants to grow faster and with shorter internode distances, become stronger, form more flower spikes.
thanks for the answer but the pure dr goerg water has more sugar in it than the one I linked and also has ascorbic acid in it (vitamin C)

[Maschinenhaus]

thanks for the answer but the pure dr goerg water has more sugar in it than the one I linked and also has ascorbic acid in it (vitamin C)

According to their description, it should not contain any of this in addition?

100 % pure premium organic coconut water from freshly harvested organic coconuts.
no preservatives like ascorbic acid, no added sugar and no production from concentrates, no flavours.

I think it should be clear that if we use coconut water, it should be untreated. It has worked very well for me for years and there are microorganisms that pounce on sugar compounds such as molasses and quickly provide the plants with them.

There are fertilisers that are based on molasses.

Ipotato

According to their description, it should not contain any of this in addition?

100 % pure premium organic coconut water from freshly harvested organic coconuts.
no preservatives like ascorbic acid, no added sugar and no production from concentrates, no flavours.

I think it should be clear that if we use coconut water, it should be untreated. It has worked very well for me for years and there are microorganisms that pounce on sugar compounds such as molasses and quickly provide the plants with them.

There are fertilisers that are based on molasses.
I just checked again you are correct, it was translation problem. I think fresh coconut is the way to go anyways.

[Maschinenhaus]

I have a lot of virgin organic coconut oil. Is there a way I can use that stuff in my grow?

No, it is suitable for human skin or the kitchen but not for plant soil there it would stick everything.

The pure coconut water, either 15ml single dose or mixed 1:5 with osmosis water has proven itself in the grow. Besides BioTrissol, an organic liquid fertilizer based on blood bone meal, fermented vinasse from sugar beets, algae a cheap product for growing cannabis.

You get everything in the hardware store or supermarket, in a pinch Amazon.

If you then recycle your soil mixture, you hardly need fertilizer, I promote with coconut water the microorganisms a little before flowering.

Last edited:
I just checked again you are correct, it was translation problem. I think fresh coconut is the way to go anyways.
I'm a little late but build a soil has an organic coconut powder and aloe extract.