What's new

Coconut milk/water

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
This all falls apart unless you have a ready source of fresh coconut water .... the tinned stuff has additives

Coconuts take a long time to grow so expect the price to go up as China buys it all .... in the UK it's doubled in price in 4 months

C

CascadeFarmer

This all falls apart unless you have a ready source of fresh coconut water .... the tinned stuff has additives

Coconuts take a long time to grow so expect the price to go up as China buys it all .... in the UK it's doubled in price in 4 months
I was never advocating buying coconut water. It's impractical. It's also impractical to buy coconuts for the water. This thread was mainly intended to be an interesting FYI thing about a plant, part of it's particular attributes, etc.

h.h.

Veteran
If you are buying them anyway and dumping the water, I would use it straight in my feed water or a carb source for tea.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
it also contains colchicine, which may have some unexpected side effects. Not to mention, putting that on your compost under a hot light may cause a slight aroma. But yeah it is interesting, and if growing out door, in an area with coconuts, it would be very interesting to play with.

ThaiPhoon

Coconut water is great. I have many coconut trees. I love drinking the coconut water over ice. The weed loves this juice too! I have a few different coconut trees, different sizes of coconuts - they all taste pretty much the same!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The levels are low, but they are present. I was looking at coconut water as a possible soak for older stubborn seeds, and decided against due to the (albeit it minimal) level of colchicine.
I'd throw a link up, but to be honest I shared it with a couple of people and then deleted it because I gather too many links to keep a library of them.