What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

zeke99

I filtered and read only DJM comments..

He doesnt really mention the use of a lung room, or high air exchange.

Correct.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7700476&postcount=765

I always run my lights at night. not only to cool more efficiently but power is also far cheaper during the non peak hours of the night..during the winter sometimes fan will only cycle on 1 minute every 4 minutes or so...it makes no difference in terms of cooling, the only difference long intervals between cycles will do is raise RH, which from the looks of your lights on RH levels, that would be a good thing...for 77f id want it around 65-67 ish rh...so it would be beneficial to have shorter cycles on the intake to boost RH

zeke99

I'd look at weather history and look at the temp/rh in CO at the time he posted...

I'd say 30-40 degrees but 50 will work.

Use intake inlines with metal blades to chop the ice in colder temps, stay away from plastic blades.

Very hard to nail down, so people will have to experiment in their own local climates. DJM started his thread in January 2015. Good luck finding daily weather history for that month, plus all we know (at least I think) is that DJM said "Colorado." Obviously there are various micro climates.

At this link, one can see the recorded daily highs and lows in Denver (which weather station? an average of many) for January of 2016

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/month/347810?monyr=1/01/2016

Last edited:
A

AVOH

I built my room off many of the concepts discussed in this thread. High air exchange, lung room, flip flops, positive pressure.
Room works like a mother fucker.
If I could use some other bits and pieces.. like vertizontal hoods and bigger foot prints I woulda.
I did go with adjust a wings and I'll tell you... I kept 1k open hoods VERY cool in a 4x4 with no ac assistance.. just running air ey quickly thru the tent, back into the room where it mixes with outside air in winter and back in.
I would say 1k is overkill for 4x4 and stick to DJM recommended footprints.

I also used a greater distance btw bulb and plant.

In order to apply all techniques he uses you'd have be his next door neighbor. His builds are designed based on his environment.

I'll stop rambling. But my point is

Not all techniques work in all situations.

But all of the techniques work.

Well put thanks for the reply
I love the thread too by the way
Im gonna be putting alot of this info to work this winter

Miraculous Meds

In my lung room situation I need the outside temps to be around 55 degrees before I can use outside air. Going straight into the grow room, I suppose 60 to 65 degrees outside might be okay. It certainly depends on the size of your intake fan, amount of wattage your running, but set it up and test it out, have your AC as a backup and you'll learn exactly what your room needs for outside temperature.

Trich_Tyson

Yep. Bout the same situation for me. I ran it till temps stayed over 65 then grabbed an ac.
Waxy is on it too
I spent more money on fans than anything else I'd guess
Got over 30 fans going at a time in my room. (3 4x4s, a closet and some lung space)
9 hyper fans moving tent to and from tents, in and out of lung etc.
And bout 20 circulating air in and outta tents

Tents are a bitch for circulation

Trich_Tyson

I filtered and read only DJM comments..

He doesnt really mention the use of a lung room, or high air exchange. He does high air CIRCULATION, and air straight from outside on a thermostat as opposed to an a/c, with a passive exhaust back to outside.

His idea is that the lost Co2 through the passive exhaust is less costly then running an a/c year round.

I was asking earlier at what temp point outside do you switch from summer a/c back to outside intake, but no one seemed to get it.

A lot of the times people dont read the full thread and just jump in. Its long as fuck, but so much info in it.

Im going to try this in a couple months when things cool down. I think the main thing is a ton of air movement WITH IN the room. Fans on fans on fans. Plants dont like humid air sitting around them, he runs high humidity so I think the base of this application is having a tornado inside the room.

Your right, however you did filter out some awesome posting by Fred and ichy regarding flips and lungs and more. I learned a lot from those cats in this thread.
I tell everyone. Read this thread 2x and you will come out a much stronger grower.

Thats true I did filter out everyone else as I hate reading when people bicker on here for page after page haha. Not even sure was there any in this thread as I didnt bother with it!

It easily gets below 0 for months on end with super low RH where I am at night. But we will hit the transition soon and I'm anxious to flower! Right now its 60-70 over nights with 80RH outside.

Yep. Bout the same situation for me. I ran it till temps stayed over 65 then grabbed an ac.
Waxy is on it too
I spent more money on fans than anything else I'd guess
Got over 30 fans going at a time in my room. (3 4x4s, a closet and some lung space)
9 hyper fans moving tent to and from tents, in and out of lung etc.
And bout 20 circulating air in and outta tents

Tents are a bitch for circulation

Now thats some fucking fans on fans on fans on FANS!

A

AVOH

I have a question
How much of a yeild difference is it between growing in 50 and growing 70% humidity

Benvanboro

I'm using there 9-10.5" Matrix system you linked in flower right now in 3gal fabric pots. I use there other caps on my 6" pots in veg. I love their products, I get such even/controlled feeds and can dial it in so easily.
P.S.- You don't need the wicking mat's they sell seperately for coco, the coco does all the wicking for you, those are for people using rockwool croutons.

Here's a drip cap from floraflex I saw today that might help those with a irrigation system.

Anybody try these yet?

https://floraflex.com/product/3″-circulator-12-pack/

Aspenou812

Veteran
DJM this is one amazing thread... As a NOOB with very limited experience this is a coco gold mine.... My only problem is.... Why the Hell did it take me this long to find it again..... Damn Iremember reading the first few pages a few years ago.... and i lost it... Thanks DJM

bbgun80

Bakk

Bakk

LST cocoTREE ???
How

Attachments

• 150413600849280894050.jpg
    150413600849280894050.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
FUCK KING JAMES! i found a new bible. ive got four pages of notes collected so far and im only at like page 50. DJM, been following you since the flockwool days! just found some of your posts on IG on acutaboves page.

i remember seeing somewhere way back that you are doing a recirculating coco grow in one of your rooms? how did that end up? im still reading so i may stumble upon the answer eventually. I'm in ppks but i HATE washing turface and was thinking about loading them up with tupur i just didnt know about recirculating coco system. THANKS for the golden info and motivation!

my room is 90% done and the clones are vegging

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171202_140055.jpg
    MVIMG_20171202_140055.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 169

Desert Hydro

Veteran
you can see in my setup why aisles cost money. what a waste of space. i need to do like you and just crawl around in there and double up!!

Bwanabud

you can see in my setup why aisles cost money. what a waste of space. i need to do like you and just crawl around in there and double up!!

I'd move that middle row over, and add 1 more full row of lights...no need to ride a bicycle in there, just enough azz room to turn around...my isles are 18" wide:dance013:

Mudraya

I've only had an issue with algea once before as I do a pretty thick canopy and they don't get much time fully exposed, but these days I'm doing floraflex on top for better water distribution over the top of the media primarily but they also do well to prevent algae.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts