What's new

coco problems in veg

He uses maxi.. I made the mistake saying canna nutes.. but .hes not using h and g either. So before we make him switch nutes (dont switch) I believe maxi is close to 6/9 and id say dont switch a thing as far as nute companys. 40 watter knows whats up with maxi so id ask him a question or 2 regardless if you think he is a dick..cuz hes really not.

who is 40watter and when did i say he was a dick?

15 inches from light..light is enclosed 600 metal halide conversion bulb...and cooled by a 6in inline fan that exhausts out of the room .. container size 2.84L or 3qts. canopy temp with lights on 81 degrees f

Your plant is telling you to dump the plastic pots and go fabric:biggrin:

it seems that there are many people that would agree with you on the fabric pots..looks like im going shopping tomorrow haha. if i go straight RO water and 7grams/gallon of maxibloom , will i need any calmag or anything since its RO water? ive been told by many that its better to use RO water than my bad .5ec tap water.. jw....i have an RO machine but just thot maxibloom in coco was best with tap..:watchplant: also ... when i transplant into a larger (fabric pot) should i use straight coco or mixed with something like perlite??

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Use the full 7g/gal MB and RO, no cal-mag and no feeding by ec:biggrin: If you have protekt or agsil etc use that as your ph up to get to 5.8. :biggrin:

papaduc

Veteran
Use the full 7g/gal MB and RO, no feeding by ec

That's only true if you're using a bloom feed in the veg cycle

Otherwise, feed a veg feed at 1.0ec.

It's up to you at the end of the day, either feed a lot of high phosphate food just to get the required N,K,mg,ca&all micros... or a balanced veg feed at the right strength.

In a nutshell, you're either using 1.8 of high P food, a lot of which the plant won't use, or 1.0ec of properly balanced feed which the plant will use all of.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
That's only true if you're using a bloom feed in the veg cycle

Otherwise, feed a veg feed at 1.0ec.

It's up to you at the end of the day, either feed a lot of high phosphate food just to get the required N,K,mg,ca&all micros... or a balanced veg feed at the right strength.

In a nutshell, you're either using 1.8 of high P food, a lot of which the plant won't use, or 1.0ec of properly balanced feed which the plant will use all of.

True, I took your advice and tried using Maxigrow in veg at around 1.0 ec which was 4tsp in in 5gal well water. Works great and is cheaper than using 1tsp/gal of MB. My problems with cutting the MB came in bloom, premature yellowing. That was just me and I'm sure other people will do fine cutting the MB. My reasoning is: MB is cheap as hell, hundreds of people grow fine herb at 7g/gal, I don't want to risk problems in bloom.

DONAJTHEIII

I think its PH related resin. Ive also had a few defs and like everyone says here its prob not the nutrient regime. i think you should let your ph drift slowly from 5.7-6.2. Over watering will def show these signs too especially if they had a rough transplant. I use 6/9 though not maxi. thinking of give the maxi a shot though. So you guys are using around 1.0 ec in veg then bumping it up to full strength in bloom ?

- AJAE

i used 6/9 last time around it did very well for me .. .7 grams / watt but i am running a one plant scrog under a 600 watter air cooled this time around using maxigrow in veg and drip clean at 1.0ec ... havent gotten into bloom yet .. i want to figure my veg problems out first .. i havent even put up a screen yet , ive just been lst'ing and bending her over horizontally to make a big bush .. when i go to bloom i plant on doing 7g/gallon maxibloom like everyone recommends..

DONAJTHEIII

I would check your runoff first off has no one mentioned this yet? ok so ph isnt the most reliable in coco but i def check the ppms to see if thats on point ppms should be no more than 20% of the ec/ppm your putting in. When ive overwatered my shit def looks light green and leaves twist also ive seen rootbounding show the same shit. I would def let your shit dry out the next couple waterings see if the leaves untwist then 10-20% runoff . Those hooked leaves and twisting growth has literally only happened to me in overwatering and ph fluc.

PS: Ive read that overwatering will show def signs. use ta think that 6/9 or maxi didnt have what i needed when a def would show up. usually always a user error. I see the spots so def a cal def sign but i dont think its because theres not enough calcium shits loaded with it so dont add cal-mag. hope it clears up resin !

ps: Check that ppm/ec run off my man to clear up lockout due to build up and go from there ! if your ppms are sky fucking high then you know a half strength flush is calling their name

AJAE

I would check your runoff first off has no one mentioned this yet? ok so ph isnt the most reliable in coco but i def check the ppms to see if thats on point ppms should be no more than 20% of the ec/ppm your putting in. When ive overwatered my shit def looks light green and leaves twist also ive seen rootbounding show the same shit. I would def let your shit dry out the next couple waterings see if the leaves untwist then 10-20% runoff . Those hooked leaves and twisting growth has literally only happened to me in overwatering and ph fluc.

PS: Ive read that overwatering will show def signs. use ta think that 6/9 or maxi didnt have what i needed when a def would show up. usually always a user error. I see the spots so def a cal def sign but i dont think its because theres not enough calcium shits loaded with it so dont add cal-mag. hope it clears up resin !

ps: Check that ppm/ec run off my man to clear up lockout due to build up and go from there ! if your ppms are sky fucking high then you know a half strength flush is calling their name

AJAE
:tiphat:
ok thanks man watered yesterday going to wait till tomorrow night to see how dry she is .. thanks again !!

Latest posts

Latest posts