What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco/perlite bed grow

pico

Veteran
Mix is done by one of the most knowledgeable mixers around this area so I have high hopes.

Watering less often sounds good to me. This isn't automated and it is always nice to be able to leave the house for a day or two :) In fact this will be one of the last runs at this location. I need a vacation.

Ok, so I have the other 2 trays I am going to plant. I am pretty sure I am going to be doing larger numbers for the other trays. More SOG style. I have 24 clones of something called Tabby (someone else said it was trainwreck) that I will be putting in 1 tray. I also have 12 larger tabby plants that I was thinking of putting in the other tray, but if I get a bunch of these blue skunk clones to root in the next few days I might try and throw like 50 in the other tray. We will see how everything plays out. I have new plans and ideas ever few hours. I have some white widdow clones, but I am kinda tired of that strain, plus I have 4 lights of widdow going on the other side of the room right now. And to babble on a bit more about current plans, if I mother out some more widdow clones and get a shitload of cuts I might try another run in the old omega garden.

G

mycorrhiza is already mixed in the bag. Has coco/perlite and myco.

My bad pico, didn't mean to sound illiterate... I meant adding additional granular to your coco mix... does it say on the bag how much they add to the mix? Or what kind of populations they add?

pico

Veteran
No bads here, I thought we were all illiterate. :)

I was thinking of adding some more myco. Might as well because I have it around. I also have some trichoderma innoculant.

The bag doesn't say anything at all. I will ask for more details the next time I go by the mixers.

pico

Veteran
looking just fine. Not much growth but the roots are getting settled in and growing in to their new space I am sure. I also have not had propane the last couple days so CO2 has been off. Filling up tomorrow. I usually never run out but have been slacking a bit lately.

looks Nice!! I will be watching this one!
I have been thinking about going this way but I dont have the Height needed to do a propper drainage system.
What are you feeding them?
Being a "magic" fungus grower any Trichoderma is Bad F'n news almost impossible to destroy once its has a foothold.
I use a bargin brand of Coir called "beats peat" and has been steam treated so the Trich is mostly killed.
Is using the Trich innoculant a "must" when using coir?

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
I was growing mushrooms and pot in the same house last year. I had a TON of mushroom equipment and I was having huge problems with trichoderma on my casings. One day as I was giving my plants their bio tea and mycorrizhal inoculant I noticed that in addition to myco there was also trichoderma in the innoculant. Then it made perfect sense that I couldn't get a good clean casing. There was tricho floating all over my house. So I stopped growing mushrooms because it was just impossible to keep out the green mold.

I am not sure if trichoderma is a must, but from what I hear coir usually has some in it already.

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
good work pico. i remember you talking about it, and now its up and running. cant wait for these babies to finish out, and how they work out compared to your previous runs on different methods. keep it up bro and i will stop by next update :joint:

pico

Veteran
Ok, not much to update really, but here is a photo or two.

I gave them some Myco with the last watering. Seem to be doing good. Any day now they are going to start blowing up I think.

Day 10 Blue Skunk

I added plants to one of the other 2 trays. 24 Tabby clones.

To tell you all the truth, putting stuff in this small is scary. All of these tables I would normally have much bigger plants if I was doing soil. So hopefully this coco impresses me and busts out.

I still have 1 more tray I need to fill. I have a bunch of blue skunk clones I might put in there. veg for like a week and then throw in like 49 maybe.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
pico
howzit just checkin to see if ya put up some new pics.. They are looking very nice brother.. Hey what do the roots look like when done? Id love to see that.. bbl peace...

sack

AbaZabba

Lookin' good pico,

cant wait to see them explode here in the next couple of weeks with those coco beds, ought to be some big, greasy gals by the time it's all said and done :yummy:

not sure if i missed it or not, but how long did you veg the first tray for?

pico

Veteran
Sacko- We will have to wait to see the final root growth, but I have a feeling it is going to be very good in there.

Aba- I don't know how long the blue skunk plants were vegged for. They were in pots and I took a bunch of clones off of them. Maybe a month or more , but that was just under small lighting and little attention. They were not vegged at all inside the beds. I wish I could veg in the beds because I think results would be better. I have other stuff flowering in this same room at different stages.

Thanks for stopping by fellers. I really hope this works out well.

pico

Veteran
little bit late, but I just put the screens on the blue skunk tables.

Day 17 for the blue skunk I think. Could be better, could be worse.

Day 8 for the tabby table. This one looks like it could be a winner.

I have had my CO2 off for the last week. Struggling with high temps and high humidity with summer rolling in. Changing over from a sealed room to doing intake and exaust. Just for summer because it is too expensive for the AC unit.

Intake is Can Black Max 10" and exaust is Can Black Max 14" hooked up to Can 125 carbon filter. Will have that setup within a week.

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
love the set up pico, your plants are looking lovely. Those pictures from last year are very nice as well! cant wait to see these flower out as well.

Seasons Greetings

Dime

pico

Veteran
Yeah damn looking at the pictures the tabby looks great for just 8 days in the beds. I might just do a couple more beds with the tabby. Another table of blue is coming this week.

Latest posts

Latest posts