What's new

Coco is killing me!

Jnugg

Veteran
They'll be fine coxnox,always transplanted clones in soil with the same amount of rootmass and well,rootmass had doubled from the time I took pics to the time I placed them in coco.

hotboxes

I have rooted clones in coco with far less roots before with no complications, sometimes they rooted faster giving them food to metabolize. looking good Jnugg your getting there my friend

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
The smaller GH cocotek bricks.After hydrating with 300ppm tap water ppm's were insanely high like 1400ppm!

OK, yes there seems to be issues with most bricks no matter the brand. At least that's what I've been reading on multiple forums.

Jnugg

Veteran
That's why I am trying my hydro shops pepsi challenge.They gave me some free Canna Coco (the pre rinsed,pre buffered kind) and free Coco A and B to try.That's what my cuttings are in.

Jnugg

Veteran
Explosive root growth on the clones in Canna Coco fed with 2ml each of Coco A and B per gallon if water,only five days since placing.in the Canna Coco!

picture.php

Plant of above photo...

picture.php

picture.php

So far I'm really liking the Canna Coco and Coco A and B.Really happy I decided to do my hydro shops Pepsi Challenge where they gave me a free sample of Canna Coco and free samples of Coco A and B!

Going to top and prune the three big girls that are in 3 gallon coco hempys and switch to 12/12 soon.

Going vertical again.

Jnugg

Veteran
Watered/fed the three big ladies in 3 gallon GH Cocotek Coco hempys with 2ml each Coco A and B per gallon of water which gives me an EC of about 1.6/1.7 since my tap comes out @ .6/.7 EC

Trimmed the tops off and removed the reflector to go bare bulb vertical once again.Will be giving them a day or two while doing some training and switching to 12/12.Hopefully temps get and stay a little cool at night because it's 72°ambient temp in the Apt. tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

Last two clones finally rooted out of their rapid rooter plugs and I transplanted them to some Canna Coco and fed with 2ml per gallon of water each Coco A and B pH'd between 5.5 and 6.0

picture.php

picture.php

The mom in FFOF
picture.php

Jnugg

Veteran
Clones have been in Canna Coco and under a 400w HPS for eight days,being fed 2ml each of Coco A and B per gallon of water,pH'd between 5.5 and 6.0

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jnugg

Veteran
Papaduc- Yes,but I still woulf recommend soil ovrr coco to a complete noob.

HughMidity- Thanks bro

FlaDankster- Ehen I transplant I'm going to try 5ml each Coco A and B.

papaduc

Veteran
when I transplant I'm going to try 5ml each Coco A and B.

It's your grow, but whether you up your feed should be based on what the lower leaves look like. Only if you notice any paling should you up the feed strength.

And... when you do, you should go up by 0.2ec at a time.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Hey Jnugg did you see any difference between the Cocotek and the Canna other than the fact the canna is fluffed. Any difference in consistency or ingredients?

Latest posts

Latest posts