What's new

Coco Hempy style.

RetroGrow

Veteran
surprised to hear some of you guys are flushing coco for 3 full weeks. Is this mainly a hempy bucket thing?

It's a coco thing, not a container thing. Some guys flush for three weeks. Personally I find two weeks works for me...

Snoopster

Veteran
I flush for about 10 days.

5 days 20%-25% fert
3 days with Clearex
2 with ph'd water

I have smoked some weed from coco that was flushed for 3 days and it tasted fine to me.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I have smoked some weed from coco that was flushed for 3 days and it tasted fine to me.
Fine is extremely subjective. Considering it looks like you grow pretty clean, I'd be inclined to hesitantly agree.

There are many other factors that determine the end result as well. Case in point: Up here in the mountains the "fresh, clean, mountain air" is actually quite dusty. Amazingly so. Most growers don't filter their intakes... can you imagine?

The point is that the majority of patients in the area believe the 'dust' taste/harsh to be a perfectly normal trait of cannabis.

Wow.

So... if you've never tasted a lemon or something similarly sour, you'll never really appreciate the sweetness of other fruits and treats. If you've never had truly clean meds for a few weeks to a month... you really have no distinction for how clean/un-clean your cannabs is/has-been.

Only one dispensary in California had higher quality than mine and caused me to up my game, taking a deeper look at quality/cleanliness... the rest had mediocre to ok stuff. (Edit: Though WAY healthier than most cannabis in non-med states I've experienced.)

As a result of that research... I'm super-spoiled and haven't really been able to enjoy OPB for a long while. (Other Peoples Bud)

I highly recommend travelling the road to clean meds, your body and mind will thank you.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

RetroGrow

Veteran
If you use a vaporizer it doesn't matter as much how long you flush it, since you aren't smoking the un-flushed chems.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If you use a vaporizer it doesn't matter as much how long you flush it, since you aren't smoking the un-flushed chems.

Oh how I wish this were true.

It isn't.
(edit: Ok... as much, but it still matters.)

By the way: The flush time for a strain depends on how fast the plant eats nutrients. Heavy feeders tend to flush out a lot quicker than light feeders.... makes sense when you think about it.

I've run a Skunk #1 a few times that wouldn't flush past a week without it being a pain to remove the dried up fan leaves in the bud. Others have taken at least 10-14 days to clear up nicely.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Hey Guys, I'm running a 2 gallon coco(Botanicare) hempy and have a couple questions. I have some some white stuff along the edge of the bucket, in parts that don't get much water if any. I normally water in the middle of the bucket. Does anyone know what it is, it appears to be salt of some mold? Also when I water the coco moves around quite a bit. I read that putting a layer of hydroton can help, but I don't want to put it down until I figure out what the white stuff is. Also put a pic of the FMS Grapefruit (10 Days) I'm growing.

Mold?

FMS Grapefruit (10 Days from Sprout)

I also get this mold stuff mainly around the edge too... tbo it doesn't bother me much. Imo you should water ur buckets evenly and with no rush. Using a bottle with a nozzle would help you with that n not moving the coco much too

I have the same thing Deuce, but I think mine came from a milk jug I started with..I thought it was clean but after I watered my plants the first time I noticed a spoiled milk smell. i cleaned my jug but I noticed the white crap a couple of days later. I water like jorgblen does and it's not bad

According to my mate on another forum where Hempy used to post, neem oil works great for mold.

Hempy was explaining this to someone else who had mold issues.

Only feed neem oil whilst in veg NEVER in flower.

someotherguy

Veteran
According to my mate on another forum where Hempy used to post, neem oil works great for mold.

Hempy was explaining this to someone else who had mold issues.

Only feed neem oil whilst in veg NEVER in flower.
Nobody cares what your 'mate' says on another forum.

...and I assume you mean the forum you were banned from anyway, 'mate'.

skunkbear

Thank you DALAIHEMPY FOR THIS GREAT AND INFORNATIVE THREAD. IM GOING TO GROW WITH THE HEMPY FIRST THEN TRY WITH ORGANIC SOIL. YOUR METHOD SEEMS SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE. AS YOU SAY, USE THE K.I.S.S. MEHTOD AND DO LESS AND GET MORE!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS THREAD. IS IT TA?

Megas

When you guys throw in coco into your bucket about how much of it per bucket? I've only grown with soil so it looks like this stuff expands quite a bit is their a rule of thumb? Like fill it up 3/4 of the way or anything?

Also when it first goes into the hempy bucket do you completely drench it and make it soggy? Or do you just run water in till it runs out the bottom leaving some of the coir dry?

RetroGrow

Veteran
When you guys throw in coco into your bucket about how much of it per bucket? I've only grown with soil so it looks like this stuff expands quite a bit is their a rule of thumb? Like fill it up 3/4 of the way or anything?

Also when it first goes into the hempy bucket do you completely drench it and make it soggy? Or do you just run water in till it runs out the bottom leaving some of the coir dry?

Fill with coco to within an inch of the top of the pot, just like you would do soil. Don't pack it down, and water slowly and evenly around the pot, don't just pour water into one spot, or it will create a "sinkhole" effect.
Water until run off from the hole.
Doesn't get any simpler.

Megas

Fill with coco to within an inch of the top of the pot, just like you would do soil. Don't pack it down, and water slowly and evenly around the pot, don't just pour water into one spot, or it will create a "sinkhole" effect.
Water until run off from the hole.
Doesn't get any simpler.

Thx bud, watched a lady use coco on youtube and just drenched it. Did not seem right at all.

someotherguy

Veteran
Thx bud, watched a lady use coco on youtube and just drenched it. Did not seem right at all.

thats not a hempy, thats just coco drain to waste.

btw, coco expands when you add water to a compressed bale, if you buy coco loose in a bag you won't get any expansion.

...if you start with a bale it expands a lot so make sure you use a good sized bin.

...and like Retro said, you work with coco pretty much like you would soil.

Peace, SOG

We've just ordered some coco and neem oil. Gonna do a side by side (coco v original mix) just for shits n giggles.

Will let you know how we get on.

Happy Hempying everyone!

:tiphat:

jorgeblen

I just would like to share that I just harvested my first hempy bucket grow and I am very pleased. Fed with flora micro/bloom 6/9 + 1g of epsom salts

great root system:
5ozbjt.jpg

lovely buds:
xqg60z.jpg

this is not the real colour of the bud, it looks much better than that

See ya

jorgeblen

thanks mate. yes, on every feeding. the tapwater here is full of calcium but very short of mag. Mag deficiencies are very frequent around here. So I do it just in case. They are dry now, final weight was:

plant II: 67g
plant III: 62g
plant IV: 32g (this one didnt respond well to training neither to supercropping)

all from seed, reserva privada OG Kush under a 250w osram nav-t in a 60x60cm tent.
12 weeks on 12/12 !!!

edit: doing a cannabutter from the trimming right now ;)

peace

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just put my next round of coco hempys into flower last night . these girls stretch 3 times their size in the first 3 weeks of flower so a net is needed to keep them under control :)

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

Luvin the coco hempys ... :dance013::dance013:

Seedlin

Will be planting my seelins in 9 perlite/vermilite buckets under 1000k lite in a 4 x8x7 grow rooms. These are bag seed. Have 9 more beans busting as I type of a buddy outdoor strain. My 1st indoor grow and these 9 are going in coco with a coupe of inchesof perlite int eh bottom. Gunna try a side by side for my virgin run then invest in a few good seed.....Wish me luick. Can't post pics yet , not enough posts...:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts