What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco grow rust spots need help pls

Hey icmag i have a problem with my seedling
It has rust spots on leafs and curling up.
They are in DNA mills coco and using there nutrients too
Seedling is in 1lt pot being fed ec 0.6 ph 5.8 to Ph 6.1
I am using ph droplet kit to test ph
It is under 250watt of cfl
Temps 25c and humidty 55%

Hope you can help.and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20180217_231213-1.jpg
    20180217_231213-1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20180217_231238-1.jpg
    20180217_231238-1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 9
Hey icmag i have a problem with my seedling
It has rust spots on leafs and curling up.
They are in DNA mills coco and using there nutrients too
Seedling is in 1lt pot being fed ec 0.6 ph 5.8 to Ph 6.1
I am using ph droplet kit to test ph
It is under 250watt of cfl
Temps 25c and humidty 55%

Hope you can help.and thanks for looking.

Ive had this happen before from underwatering so thatd be my first guess. Is the medium dried out? How often are you watering them? Could be a ph issue too not sure how well test kits work ive always used a handheld milwaukee combo meter. Costs a lot but lasts a long time too

The plant in pic is under light sorry its real dark green i have taken fresh coco and watered with fresh water at ec 0.2 run off is EC 1.6 this coco from new bag and plain water ? This coco has something wrong with it ,also phoned hydro shop and they tested and got same high run off too What a waste of money and time

Here is new pic of plant in daylight.going to throw
It away as feed is Ec 0.8 run of ad 3.2

Attachments

• 20180301_135737.jpg
    20180301_135737.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It really doesn't look that bad at all.

If that is the case, flood it with proper feed for a few days until light run off is within 0.4EC of feed.

Ok mikell I will try it out thank you.

But I think there is problem with coco the new bag has ec of 1.6 i thought that was too high for coco out of the bag

Rang hydro shop they said i would need 50lts too flush each pot ?

So i have decided too dump these plants coco isnt for me

Thanks for looking

Hi there just some it was cookies kush & remos chemo.i have just cut them down.i had 6 plants 2 weeks into flower from Spliff seeds they all hermied on me.but this coco has a high ec so won't be using it again going to try hydro with clay pebbles.this was an expensive mistake
Thanks for looking everyone appreciate the info and help

DJXX

Veteran
Man that plant looks to go to toss, just up pot it with new medium and she will look totally different, hate for you to throw away even a few weeks of work>>DJXX

That's excessive.

It's sometimes easier to start fresh.

I agree Mikell but for me easier to start over.

Going to buy small seedling tent and maybe a t5
For starting seeds.

I have a 250 watt metal halide but seedlings stretch
A lot under it.when they have just sprouted

Man that plant looks to go to toss, just up pot it with new medium and she will look totally different, hate for you to throw away even a few weeks of work>>DJXX

Sorry dude I dumped them.i got more DNA mills coco and mills nutrients just can't seem to get it to work for me last week I dumped 6 plants all 3ft tall the hermied on me.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Hi there just some it was cookies kush & remos chemo.i have just cut them down.i had 6 plants 2 weeks into flower from Spliff seeds they all hermied on me.but this coco has a high ec so won't be using it again going to try hydro with clay pebbles.this was an expensive mistake
Thanks for looking everyone appreciate the info and help

Sorry to hear about the plants. Hopefully your next run will be successful and without hermies. Maybe soil would be good option since there would be less room for error and it isn't too costly?

Sorry to hear about the plants. Hopefully your next run will be successful and without hermies. Maybe soil would be good option since there would be less room for error and it isn't too costly?

Thanks JustsumTomatoes I will be trying hydro
Next run.flood and drain with hydroton