What's new

Coco colas and a few Xtra bud shots!

Xtrakritical said:
Iamthehydro: the A-99 gave me 2 killer phenos, one slightly larger pistilation clusters, and the other was just super frosty!!! :yoinks: I would go with the A99 again and see what comes from the new beans...

I can say the I had no luck with the mountain jam, and I had very high hopes for them! but timing or whatever was off... :badday:

hmmm ok good Idea I better try out all my a99 beans, well half I gotta save the other half for super emergency or something :)

im glad to know you think a99 is the most potent, I know is some killer fire just was wondering what else jlp cooked up :)

I got 2 vbs seedlings and 2 mt jam so we shall see was up

I hope the mt jam is better its seedlings are way stronger than the vbs which had dinky seeds

once I run out of seeds I have 1 lifesaver bean to grow if its a male I may make a99xlifesaver or just keep the momma :)

but I was thinking about making a99 x mtjam or the other way around since you think vbs is a dud in potency it dont look that crystally either

i lost a safe addy so I couldnt get in on that mississippi mud so I wanna make sure to cross my best jlp genes

i mean the the seeds I bought sucked compared to JLP lifesaver was good though but i fucked up most of the beans

laterz bro

Xtrakritical

Hard Times! :(

Hard Times! :(

Hey buds thanks for droppin by!!!

Im having a rough week!
After having to trash my car ( something about power steering fluid, in the break system! lol long story!)

NOW my 600hps tar n coil ballast wont fire anymore!
1 month after the 2-year warranty expired!

Well my bday is this week, and I may just buy a new digi instead of repairing this monster! I forgot how heavy these things are!!!
Plants are gonna be in the dark next few days tho! :badday:

now back to reference and cross reference sites and prices...

Xtra

Xtrakritical said:
Hey buds thanks for droppin by!!!

Im having a rough week!
After having to trash my car ( something about power steering fluid, in the break system! lol long story!)

NOW my 600hps tar n coil ballast wont fire anymore!
1 month after the 2-year warranty expired!

Well my bday is this week, and I may just buy a new digi instead of repairing this monster! I forgot how heavy these things are!!!
Plants are gonna be in the dark next few days tho! :badday:

now back to reference and cross reference sites and prices...

Xtra

well that sucks dude, so you only had one light? I got a 600 and a 400 my 600w is like getting pretty old im waiting for the bulb to burn out still hasnt

I wonder how those digi ballast are, i know how expensive new lights are thats why im waiting for mine to break get my moneys worth

slap a few flouros in there if you have to wait for a new hps

peace

jimjay

Nice grow Xtra. Coco is great

IAmTheHydro, Digis are great. the main reason i got one is because it was the cheapest ballast i could find. I got a Lumatek just because i kept hearin good things. No problems.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
jimjay:what do you mean the digi ballast was the cheapest you could find? digital ballasts are a lot more expensive then traditional hps ballasts? what's the deal, lol?

bad luck with the ballasts Xtra, hope you get things sorted.

gaiusmarius said:
jimjay:what do you mean the digi ballast was the cheapest you could find? digital ballasts are a lot more expensive then traditional hps ballasts? what's the deal, lol?

bad luck with the ballasts Xtra, hope you get things sorted.

hey they are more expensive was the deal?

side note I GOT A FEMALE VBSxAK-47............ WOOT :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lol, i was wondering if there was a new supplier out there offering cheap digital ballasts? but now i see you ment the cheapest digi you could find, right?

hope things are going well Xtrakritical, got that new light up yet? peace out bro :wave:

Xtrakritical

600 HPS Old vs New Digi

600 HPS Old vs New Digi

Hey buds! :wave:
Got the new 600 Digi ballast on thursday!
I wired it up and prep'd the cool tube... and powered that sucker up... (in my living room of course) and... wala!

It actually took a second or two to actually start up, unlike the hps tar and coil ballast, which power on and brighten up gradually...
this ballast was bright and got to full power alot faster!

a few pics just to show the size diffrence to my old 600 (which btw got a new capacitor and is now BACK IN ACTION!) :woohoo:

when I opened the boxes I thought I was opening the new capacitor....
It was this tiny lil digi! :yummy:

Xtra

Xtrakritical

here's a pic of some of my "tomato" plants... LOL
Under 1k which a friend of mine was soo nice, and came thru in the clutch! Big up bro!!! :wave: btw you might not get that back! lol
the size difference from the 600 to 1k bulb is huge!
want another 600 digi? hehe yeah right! ;)

my 4 lil SD Ibl lower right corner (in desperate need of a repot)
the rest is NOT OG Kush!

Xtra

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Nice danky shots bro..
But to tell u da truth i'm kinda jealous of that new ballast now :(

Xtrakritical

back with updates

back with updates

I got both the 1k hood and 600 tube both up and running cool!
The plants have thanked me by perking up...

I guess you really cant tell to much in the pics...
here is the ballast with dimmer @ Max

and here it is with dimmer at Min.

Xtra

Last edited:
F

Father Time

Looking Good X-man,
keeep the up-dates flowing mate. :woohoo:
Kind Regards,FT :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey Xtrakritical

wow isn't it bad for the lamps to have a dimmer hooked up? or is that something that only applys to the non digital ballasts? it's prety cool to be able to lower output when the plants are small.

your setup is looking all round tip top man, can't wait to see you harvesting.

Bonzo

Veteran
Beautifull X, woooo hoooooo, on the one OG Bagseed, score my brotha!

peace

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Xtrakritical

Hi BadTicket! thanks for stopping by bro!
these ballasts arent too xpensive, about 200.00 for the 600's add a cool tube or hood (or wire to your own) and your up and running!

Father time thanks man, much appreciated!

GM I hope the dimmer isnt a problem... I would guess not on the digi's, since this one is on the outside.

Even tho that was one of the reasons I purchased it, I doubt I will be dimming it much! we want MORE light, not less!!! lol

Bonzo Sup Bro! :wave: yeah big time man... approaching week 4 now, cant wait to get some nice nug shots up!

I'll try to get some new pics up later...

Peace,

Xtra

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
nice pics xtra, gettin packed in there eh? bring on teh buds brotha : )

what brand in that digi? I just picked up a 600w lumatek, all in all... rather satisfied. definately emits more light that my magentic with the same bulb/reflector.

Last edited:

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
ANY chance of finding some of those VBS X AK-47?? I have some VBS crosses but none that color like that one did..

DId you say how intense the crystals were on it??? how bout the smoke?

Latest posts

Latest posts