What's new

Coco Coir Picture Thread

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Is is this real??? Is this a coco forum??

Is is this real??? Is this a coco forum??

Yes!!! :woohoo: Thanks Gypsy and DG!! Thank you soooo much!!

I am doin' a test grow on CNS 17...Ag13 and some Mental Floss...etc..etc... :D

I'd like to have my thread moved in here!!!

:woohoo:

coco/perlite 50/50

Handwater run to waste...........

:wave:

Last edited:

NPK

Great to finally get a coco forum! I'm new to the medium myself but have read everything I could on icmag, particularly on the "unofficial" thread. It's been simple as hell though, really...I've just been giving 'em FloraNova Grow and Bloom at the recommended rates, ph-ed between 5.8 and 6.2, and they've rewarded me with amazingly fast, vigorous growth. I was ambivalent after a failed attempt at hydro last year, but this coco stuff has been a breeze. I'm never going back to dirt (except in the back yard, of course.)

Anyway, I'm about halfway through flowering my first plants in coco now--seven Odysseys and two Lavenders. I grew these from cuttings in coco, which is a superb cloning medium. I also LOVE the small, light pots, hugely easier to move around than 3.5 gallon pots of soil. Even though I hand-water, the chore takes much less time than it did when I was in soil.

Anyway, enough yakkity yak. Here are the Odysseys and Lavenders at eight days, on November 20 last year:

112006.jpg
November 20, 2006

Five weeks later, on December 29, they were literally stuffed into the closet:

odylavcoco2.jpg

Finally moved 'em into the bloom room. Believe it or not, these plants are at least 30 inches tall and still in one-gallon containers. Can you imagine how rootbound they'd be in a gallon of soil? This is just a whole 'nother medium! Here they are today, with lots more elbow room under two 600s:

odylavcoco1.jpg

I'm a huge lover of Caramella and was lucky enough to get fourteen clones at CARE in Oakland. They went into coco on December 29....

caracoco1.jpg

...and here they are today, noticeably more developed just one week later:

caracoco010507.jpg

Also growing Mango in coco from seed. These seem to be doing just fine:

mangoseedlings.jpg

My next project is going to be assembling a simple drip/recirculating system. I don't have much experience with this sorta thing, though I think it should be fairly simple. Need to go scrutinize things at one of the local hydro stores.

Just few pics from my last run.
First run in coco.
Hand watering.
600 w.

2 différent phenos with bbg i think. Fox tail and the others more indy in the cola form.

:wink:

Juste quelques pics de mon dernier run.

2 phénos different sur les bbg je pense. La queu de renard et les autres plus indica dans la forme de la cola.

:wink:

sanstitre1tp7.jpg

sanstitre2sw0.jpg

sanstitre3zf1.jpg

sanstitre4sx3.jpg

sanstitre5tu3.jpg

sanstitre6gx6.jpg

sanstitre7ld9.jpg

acx3.jpg

blg8.jpg

cdg8.jpg

dso9.jpg

1in7.jpg

2su1.jpg

3jm3.jpg

4yr3.jpg

5tp1.jpg

Now, i return to my soil mix. And i be back with an automatic run to waste system.

Nice thread ;)

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
A few of my Coco buds

A few of my Coco buds

I grow in buckets,w/30% perlite , water(ph'ed at about 5.7 ish ) run to waste, but currently working on new tables and possibly a drip system in the future..ferterlize with advance nutrients ,cal-mag,earthjuice bloom .

G13 x NYCD x G13

toe jam

phoenix one

other phoenix one

sweet dirty widow

Last edited:
G

Coco forum :)

Coco forum :)

:woohoo:

Flood n drain for veg...

Move em to a top feed recirculating set up for flowering..

2 thirds canna coco, 1 third perlite mix watered twice a day for 5 mins. Currently using FloraNova, Floraliscious at half strength, and Hygrozyme.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
coco loco

coco loco

I feed Canna nutes(A+B) with b.cuzz booster & bloom stimulator, a little rizotonic and pk13-14 at the appropriate time.

Seedling pop right out of coco no problem.
110blackberry_3_03_.jpg

very reasonable veg time & before you know it you have a nice size plant
110BottleRocket_3_01_.jpg

then before ya know it
110br_3_01_1-med.jpg

never have any health issues with coco, plants seem to love it...i ph around 5.6 when i feed.
110CaseyJones_5_01_.JPG

110CaseyJones_5_03_.jpg

I love coco and get results that i am very happy with, i flush for around 14 to 21 days and the smoke is delghtfull, the ash burns white and almost dissapears....as good as any soil grown weed when done properly.

Cant wait to learn from everyone else, im sure its gonna be a whole lot easier to learn now all the coco grows/growers can be in one place and easily identified.
Peace

G

Currently On my 1st COCO grow.. I did sum side by side tests with COCO vs. My old promix mix... Needless to say I am done with soil.. I love everything about this stuff already...

I am using Botnicare's Coco mixed 50/50 with chunky perlite, feeding once at lights on with 1TBLS PBP Bloom, 1tsp Cal-Mag, 1tsp Hygrozyme... :woohoo:

This is the side by side with the same S.A.G.E clone...

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
few shots from my first run with coir-handwatered with Canna Coco, Cannazyme, PK and Ripen (for the last 10 days). There are 4 plants in the pics-scrogged-and in 15L builders buckets with 1/3pearlite:2/3 coir. The buckets are in trays 2" deep filled with pearlite.

had one or two issues with under-then -over feeding during the grow-nothing serious. Next run the watering is going to be automated.
cheers

serious bubblegum @9weeks

NPK

Lots of excellent-looking Bubblegum in this thread. Eddie and Laughing Buddha, your flowers look fantastic.

P&P Farmer, your side-by-side comparison is more than convincing!

RalphWiley

Here's a few of my girls. Grown under a 400w HPS in 80/20 Canna Coco/Perlite, fed Canna nutes with some cal mag+.

Humbolt Snow, turned out incredibly

Sour Diesel I'm still waiting on to finish up (at 61 days right now)

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great coco pics everyone.

i love seeing all that coco gardening coming together in one place.

keep up the awesome work everyone. lets go coco with coco ...

i_score

awsome pics, coco is bangging, im currently doing a 250 watts grow in coco, with some perlite and vermiculite, 8 plants in 1 plastic tub, no drainage and no vent so it´s real ghetto style but coco let´s you get away with it.keep em coming peepz.1

P1080875.jpg

NYCD
P1080867.jpg

NYCD macro
P1080882.jpg

critical mass
P1080870.jpg

arjan´s haze

P1080866.jpg

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there folks,

Currently growing some Reclining Buddah from Soma seeds in 100% coco coir.
From 6 plants i got 1 female and have her stretched out under a 400w hps...

Doing great...slow start in veg but its more than making up for it now.

Just into week 5 out of 9 of flowering...

Last edited:
G

Great forum folks. To those responsible...thank you.

A couple of months ago I decided to convert half my flower room to a vertical setup. After putting in 5 plants in 3G pots of coco...I had a fair bit of space between the plants. Since I had way too many clones of Nl hanging around, I decided to fill this mt space with 6 nl clones in 4" pots of coco and hydroton. I fed mostly House & garden coco a&b, and some Big Bud and Shooting powder. I had to stay on top of the watering, being in such small containers. Only skipped a day once....and it almost killed them. Worked out pretty well I think for just filling in space. After this experiment, I have decided to run a few under the horizontal setup in 1/2G grow bags. We'll see in about 9 weeks how that turned out.

Cheers,
SH

Latest posts

Latest posts