What's new

Coal for DIY Filter in PC case

svani

hello, please help with coal ... I heard that you need to buy coal that is designed for air filters, and not for aquarium filters. is it true and what is the angle of a ludsch for a homemade filter. I need to filter the air from the box as well as possible. Thank you

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
hello, please help with coal ... I heard that you need to buy coal that is designed for air filters, and not for aquarium filters. is it true and what is the angle of a ludsch for a homemade filter. I need to filter the air from the box as well as possible. Thank you

I used activated carbon for aquariums, it worked just fine IME.

svani

thanks, bro!

I want to make a sandwich from a fan and this coal, at least what layer should I create so that the fan can blow and the air come out clean?

depends on your setup obviously

i bought two of the aquarium pellet bags, took an old paper basket (wire mesh) and glued to a plastic bucket (with lid glued and cutout to the fan, easy connection) bought another basket for 2$ and used that mesh for a smaller diameter, used 1cm thick layer but that was too much, half was better
kept the smell away for 3 years growing on and off

just make the diameter/length as large as possible as that dictates the sq surface area that can filter (oh add a dust filter)

svani

depends on your setup obviously

i bought two of the aquarium pellet bags, took an old paper basket (wire mesh) and glued to a plastic bucket (with lid glued and cutout to the fan, easy connection) bought another basket for 2$ and used that mesh for a smaller diameter, used 1cm thick layer but that was too much, half was better
kept the smell away for 3 years growing on and off

just make the diameter/length as large as possible as that dictates the sq surface area that can filter (oh add a dust filter)

as I understand you're talking about it

photo uploading sites

I think to make here such, but I do not know a simple cooler that can blow such a thickness of coal

jonhova

Hey bro

Im doing research on a small powerful fan that has enough "static pressure" to pushor preferrably pull through a carbon filter.

In my research you want a 120 mm or 140 mm PC fan that is used in servers.

Delta and noctua are the top brands most recommend.

I am considering using 2 noctua nf f-12 pwm 3000 fans.
The key here is this fan has high static pressure.
7.63 mm/H2O.

:)

Compared to a 4" inline it is .3" water gauge(static pressure measurement) which is 1/3 of the average 4" inline fan @ 1" water gauge.

Seshwan

as I understand you're talking about it

https://ibb.co/mFrMyRView Image
photo uploading sites

I think to make here such, but I do not know a simple cooler that can blow such a thickness of coal

https://ibb.co/kkVmXmView Image

Hey man I am going to be making oen of these in the next few days.

I got the idea of someone else thar grows on these forums and they use fans in total. They have it like this -

[PC fan][Empty PC fan][Empty PC fan filled with carbon]

He said he didnt have any problems so I am going to do that

Latest posts

Latest posts