What's new

CO2 Wax

mingmen

Is there such a thing? My local dispensary is advertising a crumble wax as being CO2 extracted. But is that even possible? I hate to think they are BSing me and the wax is tasty. I think they can't say it is BHO legally but it is worse if they are straight bullshitting.
So could it be genuine or is all CO2 going to be liquid?
TIA

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CO2 oil can be solid and crumble like wax

Attachments

• C02 sample-1-1.jpg
    C02 sample-1-1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12

mingmen

CO2 oil can be solid and crumble like wax

Is that off of the screens that you all were talking about? More of a bi-product?
This is much lighter in color and feels just like a BHO wax (AFAIK).

can't figure out how to save the pic but here is the link. looks like honeycomb. can honeycomb be CO2?

actually here is the pic:
131002S029.JPG

mingmen

How about any of these? Could it actually be CO2 in any of these?
131016V049.JPG

131016V048.JPG

131016V047.JPG

All are advertised as "CO2 crumble or melt"

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that off of the screens that you all were talking about? More of a bi-product?
This is much lighter in color and feels just like a BHO wax (AFAIK).

can't figure out how to save the pic but here is the link. looks like honeycomb. can honeycomb be CO2?

actually here is the pic:
View Image

Looks like BHO.

mingmen

Could be CO2. The top one has a hair in it on the right side.

All 3 could be? Last one looked more likely but first 2 are kinda wet too. They still have that first honeycomb though and are still calling it CO2. Like their products but kinda shady
looks like a cat hair lulz

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
they all look like bho to me.. Not to say you can't get crumbly texture from co2 but those look like bho extractions IMHO.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
yup bho relabeled as a co2 extract to avoid any problems with Cali's laws, which doesn't allow flammable solvent extractions.

Momerath

Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically ANY extraction is illegal to make in cali, as per California Health and Safety Code Section 11379.6

11379.6. (a) Except as otherwise provided by law, every person who
manufactures, compounds, converts, produces, derives, processes, or
prepares, either directly or indirectly by chemical extraction or
independently by means of chemical synthesis, any controlled
substance specified in Section 11054, 11055, 11056, 11057, or 11058
shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of
Section 1170 of the Penal Code for three, five, or seven years and by
a fine not exceeding fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).

http://law.onecle.com/california/health/11379.6.html

CO2 shouldn't be an exception. I think it has to do more with the stigma the bho has associated with it, people blowing up garages and apartments and whatnot...

mingmen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically ANY extraction is illegal to make in cali, as per California Health and Safety Code Section 11379.6

11379.6. (a) Except as otherwise provided by law, every person who
manufactures, compounds, converts, produces, derives, processes, or
prepares, either directly or indirectly by chemical extraction or
independently by means of chemical synthesis, any controlled
substance specified in Section 11054, 11055, 11056, 11057, or 11058
shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of
Section 1170 of the Penal Code for three, five, or seven years and by
a fine not exceeding fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).

http://law.onecle.com/california/health/11379.6.html

CO2 shouldn't be an exception. I think it has to do more with the stigma the bho has associated with it, people blowing up garages and apartments and whatnot...

I would rather he just leave off the fake pedigree

No pic but this one is funny:
CO2 SHATTER HEAVY HITTER, YOU WILL LIKE THIS ONE,will knock you down for a while really strong

Momerath

Yeah me too, most of them are just in it for the moolah anyway.

I had one guy at a dispensary give me a story about some "O2" extracted wax. Said it contained "zero hydrocarbons" yet had a "higher terpene profile" than bho...

Then he went on to tell me that it was open blasted in the same fashion as one would with bho...I didn't bother to explain to him how dangerous that would actually be IF it were true :biglaugh:

RuralRoute420

it can come in a waxy gooey form and a dryer crumbly stuff....we have it for sale out here in cali with proper id & rec....

RuralRoute420

pics of real co2 wax...

pics of real co2 wax...

and these ain't pics that i pulled off the net somewhere, i believe this stuff to be the direction that weed is headed, medically, super concentrates. we've had batches test at nearly 93%...

FatherEarth

Veteran
Sure is ugly. . :p Not that I care what it looks like, the proof is in the pudding. 93% sounds like youve got it dialed in. How long have you been running Co2? Ive heard a guy throw numbers around in the high ninetieth percentile range that runs butane, but could be all talk.. What makes you call this a super concentrate? Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

FE