What's new

Co-op? Input needed on Prop 215 California. Stanislaus County has no dispensary.

J

JackTheGrower

While i was smoking , I think some Nevil Haze mixed with Blueberry, I pondered what the bottom line is for Ordinary medical people in California under prop 215 besides the stealth grow.

Since many Counties, like Stanislaus, are successful in keeping dispensarys from the Community, thus winning a small victory against that Monster Marijuana, what can the medical community do to achieve some level of distribution and bolster the community spirit.

Is it possible to form a co-op? Can myself, a medical person, join with others in my area to form some sort of production and distribution within this Co-op?

I don't see how we can achieve medical cannabis independence in Stanislaus county California USA without some sort of central structure.
A public dispensary would be the the ideal thing but that looks like sure "death of the life" and a long prison term.
Fear is still their number one weapon against all Cannabis use.

So I thought to ask here for some input.

Moving forward

Jack

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Siskiyou county has no dispensaries either. Siskiyou and Humboldt actually touch but nothin rubs off that for sure. I dont think the powers to be would ever let it happen. They dont care what the laws are they think its the wild west and just enforce whatever they want however they want. No one has even attempted anything close to a real compassionate club there. Definitely still in the stone age

Arlen

Explain to me how they can stop a dispensary anyway? I live in merced county and was wondering the same thing. are dispensarys not covered under 215?

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Well you could goto Oaksterdam and take all their courses that might be a good start.

Seriously, my real reply will hold until others have chimed in first.

nephilthim

coop

coop

yes you could the a.g. guidelines require a dispensary to be run under a non-profit basis.so you could go that route,but still have to maybe seek proper permits dunno..
you could form a group perhaps collect copies of recommends and as aaeveryone share in work as a caregiver,but ca state law has narrower interpretation of the term caregiver.under this context if your intentions are to rent a place if commercially fire,code inspectors do walk thrus,landlords will periodically inspect so these peole can drop dimes( call leo).
so positing a potential coop running afoul of these circumstances,best to have everyones name on a license or bills distributed equally,proper documentationfor each member etc.insurance in case someone get hurt?
or if your on private land networking while keeping proper documentation and anything pertinent if growing for some else also keeping the area free of any potential sights,smells,lights,traffic,keeping any nosey neighbors away.
the main thing is to read attorney generals guidelines the latest defacto attempt by leo (meeting where afterwards an attending leo had m-16 stolen from his car)is to use existing laws regarding permits etc,and using data to say their is an increase in crime associated with dispensaries/coops.this was used as an argument to keep a coop from cathedral city,and another town.
the main point is leo continues to see prop 215,36 as another obstacle to
assert themselves..so we will continue to see what the defacto policy subverting the publics will.pomona was another disp that did not have proper documentation permits and leo said"we noticed a lot of foot traffic""we have recieved acomplaint regarding this store".the dispenary did not have proper city permits and patients were held until a search warrent was issued 4 hours later.
so anything coming from after(law enforecement actions to public) the meeting of chiefs/police on subject of medical marijuana would/could be interpreted as how each county/municipality intends to allow/resist prop 215.

J

Jeff Lebowski

If they've already put a moratorium on the dispensaries in that county or city, which there are hundreds of cities and multiple counties that have these bans, not just Stanislaus, you probably do not have much luck. No matter what, money will be needed and if interested, start setting up a fund for legal defense if needed, because lets face the fact, Mmj doesn't REALLY exist in CA. If it did, you wouldn't hear about people like Charles Lynch or city pd's shutting down co-ops now.

Are you interested in supplying others, the supply for others or your own supply?

J

JackTheGrower

Friends I have had a read but my suit case arrived and I have goodies to deliver to some awaiting friends..

No not weed Dear LEO; cups, hats and stuff...

I will pick this back up tomorrow..

Love ya all!

Jack