What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

clubs are taking over profit margins

3gunpete

It's similar here in Maine except way different.lol are 8 yes 8, dispensaries have way over priced mediocre meds, but I'm almost positive 80% + is Cali light dep and secondary indoor import. As well the majority of the 8 dispensaries are owned by Cali syndicates. Fortunately mariners are like a secret society for most part. We got no love for out side nonsense. We make our own way, rules and deal with consequences. It's bullshit what the dispensaries are doing but look where u live. Your surrounded in bullshit. That's what you've chosen. Sleep in the bed you've made. And please everyone, keep thinking Cali is sooo kool. Best wishes and goog luck

3gunpete

Colorado og, big ups!!! Say it proud my brotha.. If you love and believe in what your doing then you'll b alright.
I donate medicine almost every month to patients that r too sick to work. I sell A level meds for between 200 and 240 tops (on east coast!!)to patients depending on indoor or greenhouse. I routinely get comments about how much I'm helping and that I'm way under priced. And trust me i kno. I've been all over and in scene since way too young.
I bend over backwards to be compassionate and spread good vibes too people that are surrounded by turmoil caused by they're illness and society in general. I'm not even close two maxed out on patients or plants or whatever numbers everyone seems to care about.
It is still full time job that I take very serious. And guess what I'm more or less poor most the time. When I do have money coming in, it goes. I spread the wealth to friends and family and splurge myself. I rather blow my mediocre profit living life to its fullest. That's my choice as it is everyone's.
My big long drug out point.... We are all responsible for the choices we make and places we are in. Ive lived in 5 states done many jobs , wore several hats etc. I v never been happier in my life. Mostly because the piece I've found within myself. I stopped blamming everyone or everything else for my problems and unhappiness. Chose my path and now have a mission. It is self richous, I kno but it feels great to be part of something you believe in and love.
Otherwise you may very well be in the wrong profession. Or even wrong place.? Food for thought.
its blown out in Cali. So much love has been lost. Peeps moving there like crazy to cash in.

The Bling

it is really sat that tripling your money isnt enough but there are clubs out there buying $1000 lbs and they have the weed on the board for 35 an eighth they are presumably making 3500 per pound but when you realize that they move most of the product as ounces that becomes only like 1000 dollars,

the problem is too many growers.....

The Hatter

Veteran
do you guys (especially growers) think some of these dispensaries are fucking ridiculous? i feel like they are taking the entire margin from growers and are fucking over the patients with high prices. i find it so fucked up that clubs are like "yea, we don't pay more than 2k." and then you look at their prices on the board and the motherfuckers are selling 8ths for 50+ bucks. it's ridiculous. they are supposed to be nonprofit. one dude was like "yea, if i pick that up at that price we would only be making 7 grand in profit" and i'm thinking "wtf? how can you be saying only?" that's so much profit off of a single pound. it's more than 100% profit and these assholes claim they are running a nonprofit. it's ridiculous. what are your thoughts?

This is one of the reasons you see the damn Feds sticking their noses in and busting some dispensaries. Many are legit non-profits playing by the rules but some are doing things with the money that they shouldn't be and drawing big brother's unwanted attention to whole medical community in the process. I am sure the Feds have harassed and done great harm to plenty of legitimate medical dispensaries while trying to weed out the bad ones. Federal agents are not the sort of people to ever admit an error so if they put you in their sights you are done for regardless of whether you are breaking the rules or not. They are like a mad dog once they sink their teeth in, they won't ever let go until they have their pound of flesh, innocent or not.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
this is why i like the caregiver patient model

greater accountability for the patient, greater profit for the grower as well as many other synergies

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Like how ya think pete. I also am helping two cancer patients, and a couple close friends. Going for two bills. Organic, yeah, slow yeah, but I'm not into it for a living. I am a sixty year old carpenter, and go to work every day to pay the bills.
Now if I stayed home all day and needed to pay the bills with the kind....price would need to go up.
Like ya say we do make our choices. I came in poor,will go out the same,waw.

Last edited: