What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Club Bio Box

RipVanWeed

Pong,

Read this thread,

it may be here. Look for LadyLargly, go to here signature links and read those threads.

I use 50% coco, some chunks and some shredded
The other 50% is 1 part FF Ocean Forest
1 part Vermiblend (Earth Worm Castings)
1 part Perlite

Then I add nutrients Blood Meal
Kelp Meal
Epsom Salts
Dolomite Lime
Liquid Kelp Extract

Look for the receipe in LadyLargly's stuff for amounts.

Welcome aboard The Supercharged Organic Express!

Respect,

RipVanWeed

Hey,

I forgot to mention the Mychorrzial Madness, just a dash, mixed in well to start the ball rolling during the incubation...There's beneficial microbes and fungi spores in the Vermiblend as well.

Respect,

growsmall

wow lots have happened since i been gone, oxygen injected dirt grows, cold cathodes and the verticle forum. Im recently goin back to dirt from dwc to increase plant numbers and save work, ive got spare air pumps galore, still confined to my fridge for a harvest or so tho. but i reckon i could pull this off small scale not my full fridge just one or 2 not much bigger than the coke bottles im SOGing atm for comparison,

hoping to go organic when i get more grow space anyway, my tomatos and chilis love my outdoor aqua setup
[flood and drain, 10mm river peddles] maybe i could recerc a few tubs with a tank for a matinence free grow [except feedin fish]

love it subcribed:thanks:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High everyone. :wave:

My bio box grow is getting there... bit of a hit and miss this round. New room and new boxes... some ladies never really took off and have been swamped in their box... good thing is i know why and what went wrong.

Next round they are defo getting vegged for a bit or at least 12/12 from seed. This lot were all clones from outdoors that had started to flower already... Got a few good uns so thats ok. Next round gonna b monsters!

youngbud11

I am brand new to icmag, but have spent plenty of time on other forums. I do know that, when brewing teas to get the beneficial bacteria to take off when its kind of died off, you add molasses to the tea and it will take off again.

I dont know if anyone has tried adding molasses to their water, but the bacteria need carbs to feed on and if there is none in the soil it will be slow going. Maybe try adding some blackstrap molasses to your water that you water the soil with. There are way more benefits other than the sugar it contains. The blackstrap molasses has a ton of trace minerals and micronutrients that help with plant growth.

Also alfalfa meal was mentioned, it is a great thing to add to your soil mix. It contains a lot of N and all sorts of trace minerals and some hormones that are good for your plants. I don't know all the scientific names off hand, but if you do a google search I am sure you could find all the info you ever wanted.

These ideas are all just speculation, as I just stumbled upon this thread today but has captured my interest right away. This whole system is very similar to bio-buckets. Which is a recirculating dwc system, that uses a waterfall type system to introduce oxygen into the water. One thing that is preached with this method is to always use red lava rock, as all the cracks and crevices give the bacteria a good space to grow in.

So those of you who are using hydroton may consider switching to the red lava rock. But like I said this is all just speculation on my part. The only knowledge this contains is from what I've read, not from my personal experience.

Hope this might help in some way

Youngbud

carpster

great thread you guys might convert a rockwoll cube on a flood trey yet..lower plant counts and w/1000wats i imagine i could pul over a pound hopefuly morr rock on boys...

what about flushing? or is there no need with this system? I always thought that getting the fert taste out was one of the most important, especially if you like your smoke clean. So how do you flush with this?

progresskills

still active?

still active?

I'm wrapping up my first grow soon. Pandora's Box, Bag Seed, One unknown Sativa, and 4 other bag seed that had 4 days veg before moving to flowering. Nutes were Roots Organics as well as their potting soil. I'm attaching some photos. Hope it's appropriate. I'm planning on constructing 6 of these buckets. The only supplies I'm missing are the fittings and tubing. Satori is the next strain. I intend on going with Supersoil per the Mandala Seeds website recommendation. Lava rocks. And the layer of perlite on top. I'm seeking advice on the blend to put inside the bucket. And as I understand these machines, they can be re used due to the oxygen supply? What can I do about encouraging roots to end at the bucket wall instead of wrapping? The buckets I've purchased are 4 gallons.

Attachments

• SNV32297.jpg
    SNV32297.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 18
  • SNV32293.jpg
    SNV32293.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 20
  • SNV32294.jpg
    SNV32294.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 15

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad this thread isnt dead.

I recommend you read up on the OP's advice regarding medium. I use my much loved LCs#1 with charcoal and coco and maybe touch more soil/compost because this system thrives on microbes and fungi. I used mychorzzia bags to inoculate but i reckon mushroom compost would be a good choice for the soil part.

Planning on an outdoor bio-box run this year with a solar powered air pump.

What airstones are we using people?

I found the bendy wand type clog up very easily and air flow is reduced to tiny little bubbles... thats when i have used in a tea. Its very possible the bio-box may dissolve the culprit clogging her up??? Perhaps that stuff that keeps drippers clean would be good for this...

I am using a large round airstone for my teas now and the amount of air produced is HUGE! It has the added advantage of sinking easily too. I think i will trial a couple of these when i do my next run.

This is the best system for an easy flush mate. Try reading the thread :smoke:

this thread sure made for some interesting reading, and got my brain to running. So i did a little reading, looks like there are alll kinds of ag studies on cytokinins. one thing keeps bothering me about the discussion is that these sprays were meant for plants that can be pollanized from another flower on the same plant. they are self fertile. So are they really hermies then? is the spary also encouraging the cannabis plants to go hermie also?
One studie claime that cytokinin increased seed production by 55%. I"m thinking that to acheive this result there must be male and female plant hormones in the spray. I found one study done in lentils in egypt that showed great results at 40mg/ltr. shorter stems increased leaves,branches, flowers and seeds per plant. looks like what every grower wants. I think the mistake was in assuming it could influence the sex of a plant. Or maybe i'm way off base here, after all it is 3 am. peace

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
My experience has been the total opposite. When a plant hermies, and I hit it with kinetin(synthetic cytokinin), the male flowers stop for a while. It doesn't permanently do this, and it has side-effects, but it does seem to work. Mainly this will result in a complete halt of vertical growth, and greatly slowed down rooting. These effects are also temporary. Once it wears off the plant will once again root well, and will no longer prefer branching out over growing up. It doesn't produce any dependency on the product, at least not that I have seen.

e_24

I undersatand whats goin on with these buckets(I get the big picture, not a know-all), and was wondering if you can use nutes like maxibloom?

onhigherground

magnificent use of all those thc receptors !! having just stumbled upon this pretty olllld thread, I will search out the newest permutations that now exist.... and then , oh BOY, grandpa, watch OUT, cause Grandma has a new toy! Thank you DM and LadyLarge and all!

Latest posts

Latest posts