What's new

Closing Ceremonies WTF???

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Well

After the game ended, I could not wait to watch something else, but the gf wanted to watch the Closing Ceremonies..

So I watched highlights of the games for about 2 hours, and listened to everyone pat themselves on the back. The female commentator for CTV made a comment during this that the producers of the closing ceremonies had " raised the bar" and that the ceremonies would be great

Well here is what I think

1. what is with all the lip syncing, that "band" they had out there were not even playing their instruments, let alone singing.

2. The National Anthem, is the National Anthem. You cannot change it, and you certainly should not be dancing during it, and especially fist pumping, show some respect to the people that died so that we can play that anthem. Fuck I am pissed about this

3. The president of VANOC...Dude, you should have really practiced your French before attempting this. My 12 year old speaks better French than you did, shots of the French Canadians in the crowd showed their uncomfortableness with your attempt.

4. Since French seemed to get priority throughout the games, why not speak English first for the closing ceremonies. I do appreciate the French Culture and know it is important, but this is English Canada, and you made us feel second class.

5. I am sick of hearing about this "I Believe" song, again more lip syncing. The worst was that dude in the middle with the guitar, bad voice, and terrible "air guitar" at least learn approximately where to put your fingers, or at least get the strumming close to right.

6. Catorina Lemay Doan. That part was the best of the Olympics, I was sitting here saying to GF, you know what would be great, if they put up the other pillar and had her light it, well it happened right after I said it.

7. The Russians. Anyone else get scared by this?

8. Neil Young, classic, great but again not live. You need a microphone somewhere close to your mouth to sing in such a venue

all in all, I enjoyed the sports, the closing ceremonies were embarassing

C

Classyathome

Didn't watch - my kid said the mime pulling the malfunctioned torch arm was funny...

Also, he mentioned lots of moose and beaver - lots of beaver is always good...