What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Closet grow!

Dankbud134

Okay i got a closet and I want to just grow some extra weed so might as well. The closet is 7 feet wide, and 9 heigh how much could I grow? Also anybody else who does closets share your experince!

my first grows were in a closet space 2'x3' I hung a 430 with a vent duct to a dryerbooster fan to vent. Kept the door open lights on, shut it during 12 of darkness. If you're 7'x2' or 3' you should be able to put in 2 or 3 5 qt pots wide and 5 long. use a fan to push extra air into the closet. Higher temps can be expected but as long as there is plenty of fresh air and the hood is vented the plants can handle it.

without knowing the width of your room I cant figure your sq footage. A 5 qt. soil pot is about 10" wide, but you need space btween the pots. The plants will be wider than 10". The hieght will be limited to how low your lite hangs plus 1 foot distance to top of plants, and your table ht. from the floor.

The light has a vented hood that I draw air thru using a giant fart fan( dryer booster fan 280cfm). I know a lot of euro growers dont use vented hoods but I would recommend one for a closet.

G

I would probably get a 400 hps, a Dayton exhaust fan (265 cfm or higher), and do a bunch of research on here. Start browsing at insidesun.com and that'll give you an idea of prices.

Tom

If you use a Son-T-Agro globe you can grow from seedling/clone to harvest, it uses a standard HPS ballast.

Types of HID lights used for growing:

Metal Halide - mostly for veg stage.

High Pressure Sodium – mostly for flowering stage.

Horticultural - HPS/MH - veg and flower stages (Son-T-Agro, Son-T-Plus, Lucalox, Lucagrow, etc.).
:cool:

Boogity Boo

Yes that will work fine through the entire grow. You'll want to hang it with chains or something tho so the height can be adjusted.

Good luck

Tom

To set the light to grow height, start at a safe distance above the plants (approx 45cm/18" for 400w, 90cm for 600w, 1200cm for 1000w), hold your hand palm down level with the top of the plant for a few minutes. If it feels too hot on the back of your hand the light is too close, if cool then it's too far away. If it's pleasantly warm and it feels as if you could hold your hand there all day then it's OK.
:)

ken

you'll probabably want 2x 400w hps

2x 600w if you have good ventilation (which you should), and if 600s dont cost you much more than 400s ;)

shouldnt be too hard to get over a pound, or a pound and a half per harvest :)

Dankbud134

Okay I don't know if you all understand me, but I'm just gunna clarify.

Heigh - 9 Feet
Side to side - 7 Feet
Opening the door to the wall - 2 and a half Feet.

Just clarifying.

Dankbud134

Strains still confused, need a good easy plant because im not gunna be paying too much attetion to these. Also a good yielder price for the seeds isent a issue.

Latest posts

Latest posts