What's new

Cloning with JJScorpio

LibtECh

will soaking the rapid rooters in B1 help give strong vigorous roots.? or simply just soak in water then squeez excess water out and put clone in.?
thanks

S

silent_lemon

will soaking the rapid rooters in B1 help give strong vigorous roots.? or simply just soak in water then squeez excess water out and put clone in.?
thanks
i hear b1 is a great supplement. I wonder if that's what most rooting gel/powder contains; im trying to evaluate what i use, it's wilson brand ROOT STIMULATOR, "ROOTS with fungicide" then has guarantee: indole butyric acid 0.4% 5-ethoxy-3-trichloromethyl-1,2,4-thiadiazole 0.01% otherwise doesnt say what's in it.

rapid rooters need to contain lots of water, because they let it go not quickly, but definitely faster than jiffy pucks; so id say yeah, dunk them, dunk the clone in rooting X and insert, squeeze off a bit excess water to your liking, or dont. and youre gold.

perhaps someone else will chime in if im wrong or missing information. but i figure im here, ill reply - though it aint my thread:p aint, such a weird word. :joint: cheerio

IGrowTrees

I couldnt find another clone thread, so I figured I'd post my question here.

I just got a clone from a local dispensary...he said it is Flo.

He didn't tell me if it had rooted already or not..he just told me to keep it in it's container for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

I have it under 2 26w floro lights right now..I also put it in a big ziploc bag and sprayed down the bag and misted the clone lightly.

This is my first time dealing with a clone so any advice is appreciated.

LibtECh

^^with pics we would be able to tell ya. is it jiffy or rapidrooter? is it growing..how big? how could u not tell if it has roots or not.?

my question is... how much humidity is to much in humidome? what should i be aiming for?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
can i clone my girls from flowering plant ? and put back for vegetation ? flowering on about 2weeks, she shown a little buddys, but not much...
so guyyyys... :joint:

Take the clones from the lower part of the plant and they will root fine. Then just put the plant back on vegging time..... 18-6 or 24-0 is best

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I couldnt find another clone thread, so I figured I'd post my question here.

I just got a clone from a local dispensary...he said it is Flo.

He didn't tell me if it had rooted already or not..he just told me to keep it in it's container for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

I have it under 2 26w floro lights right now..I also put it in a big ziploc bag and sprayed down the bag and misted the clone lightly.

This is my first time dealing with a clone so any advice is appreciated.

It would be better to know if it's rooted or not.

If you're careful you can squeeze the cup lightly, turn it upside down and carefully dump it into you're hand to check. Let the clone rest lightly between your index and middle finger when you turn it upside down to support the soil....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^with pics we would be able to tell ya. is it jiffy or rapidrooter? is it growing..how big? how could u not tell if it has roots or not.?

my question is... how much humidity is to much in humidome? what should i be aiming for?

The humidity should be close to 100 percent after you spray the dome....

LibtECh

The humidity should be close to 100 percent after you spray the dome....

thanks man. i watered the plants real good with a good flower fert the night before, then i cut and dipped the fresh cuts in powder hormone then into the moist plugs..and into the dome they went.. i am at 77f and 99%RH with a 1/4" hole on top of the dome..this is day two and they are looking real lush. the only thing is i get 99% roots in jiffys and with these rapids im kinda unsure on moistier being im a rapid newb

IGrowTrees

Okay...this is for JJ...yes, there are some roots showing on the bottom...I found 2 holes in the bottom of the cup and saw some roots..not much though...

also..I put the clone in a 10 inch deep bucket wih a big ziploc bag over top to create somewhat of an environment for humidity...

I don't have a spray bottle at them moment though...how can I create a good environment for my new Flo clone?

LibtECh

i have a question about cloning in rockwool.
i have dipped them in clonex and they are in a home made humidity dome.
do i just spray them just like the jiffy pots and wait until i see roots? or is there a benefit to putting them in a small bubbler setup with a humidity dome.

i guess im asking, how soon can clones go into the bubbler?
eather way will work, spray or no spray bubbler or no bubbler it should work good.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay...this is for JJ...yes, there are some roots showing on the bottom...I found 2 holes in the bottom of the cup and saw some roots..not much though...

also..I put the clone in a 10 inch deep bucket wih a big ziploc bag over top to create somewhat of an environment for humidity...

I don't have a spray bottle at them moment though...how can I create a good environment for my new Flo clone?

If it's rooted you don't need to cover it any longer. All you will do is keep it so wet it will rot. Give it a drink of ferts and when the time comes transplant into a bigger pot....

IGrowTrees

JJ...never mind ..that was a bit of perlite I saw in the holes on the bottom...and I found a date on the cup, it says 9/13...I guess thats when it was taken?

otherwise, the clone looks good in my setup and is not drooping anymore...

how long does it take to get roots?

Integrity

Quick Question

Quick Question

new 010.jpg

new 011.jpg

Lamb's Bread 2

I have a question about clones, can someone tell me how long into flower I can still take viable cloning matierial? my donor plants have been flowering for almost 20 days can i still make this work?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can still take clones from those plants. The lower branches will root better for you.....

K

Kola Radical

I am an old hippie who grew here and there over the years, but when I got serious about growing a couple of years ago and started searching the net for info, I stumbled upon this thread.

And now I am cloning at very near 100%. Thanks to JJScorpio and Dutch Master Replicator.

My goal is to top 10K per month by 420 of 2010.

Now I'm off to watch Farm Aid and trim a few lbs of Wallyduck's Grapefruit Cindy.

Latest posts

Latest posts