What's new

Cloning with JJScorpio

S

screwdriver

Well its been 3 days and no roots. All look strong. Just waiting.

About cutting the leafs. My impression from reading is that it slows the moisture loss from leaf. If you got a huge leaf. My cuttings, to me, seem small so I stopped cutting the larger leafs awhile back. Now they appear to be healthier. Coincidence? Conspiracy? Maybe I'm paranoid right now?

Anyway, if they are under a dome plenty of humidity good conditions overall, is there any opinions on the actual size of leaf that you would cut in half?
My largest fan leaf is 10mm x 40mm?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is difficult to explain how much leaf to remove. If it is a large leaf, it is worthwhile to remove a part of it. I usually take the tips off all of them.....

S

screwdriver

Here's the update on my cuttings, Oops. I was just talking to her and she jumped from my hand. :badday: I went ahead and pealed some peat to see if there were any roots. :woohoo: There was one little 5mm root and I quickly closed it firmly as not to disturb the root. I went ahead and planted since the paper around pellet was torn as she jumped from my hand. I covered and put back in closet.
The other I just left alone. Its been 9 days so it should be coming along.

:joint: :joint:

Growda

Hey JJ, I've got clones that definitly put out roots, but 5 days after planting there's still no new growth and the little yellow has now turned into big yellow and some brown. Any giudance to be offered?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What soil did you transplant them into? Did you soak them or just water them lightly. What lighting have you put them under?

Growda

Right, apologies.

Transplanted into hydrofome, then into soil with a good solid drink at transplant into soil...
still good soil moisture 5 days later
Soil is promix with lime, perlite and vermiculite
under 35w/ft2 fluoro cool and warm
clones spent a couple weeks in just hydrofome under dome, since transplant to soil I've removed the dome
temps are pretty steady mid 70's, humidity might be a touch low prob around 50-60
Any other info I can provide?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The good solid drink may be your problem. Are the leaves also droopy? Its important to let the roots spread after transplant. If you soak the soil, the roots don't have to seek water by growing. My suggestion is if you drenched them, carefully take it from the soil and transplnt again into dry soil and dont water for 24 hrs. After that just mist the soil so it is lightly damp. Once the plant starts growing then resume normal watering......

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
screwdriver said:
Here's the update on my cuttings, Oops. I was just talking to her and she jumped from my hand. :badday: I went ahead and pealed some peat to see if there were any roots. :woohoo: There was one little 5mm root and I quickly closed it firmly as not to disturb the root. I went ahead and planted since the paper around pellet was torn as she jumped from my hand. I covered and put back in closet.
The other I just left alone. Its been 9 days so it should be coming along.

:joint: :joint:

Sorry to not have replied sooner. Make sure the moisture in your medium stays low so the roots have to grow. Good luck....

Last edited:
S

screwdriver

This is when I feel they can really make it. Both have perked up since yesterday and I know the roots are coming. Only problem is that I still don't know if they are m/f. Parent in flower for 10 days and still not telling....Hope is fading :badday:
My cuttings are alive. :woohoo:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ginogreeng said:
anybody use that clonemaster in the HT magazine

I have used an EZ cloner. It was good as long as you babysat the temps. I heard the newer ones have taken care of that issue....

chaingmai

hey man sweet thread thanx for the info , i am trying to get mine to root right now. Some of them are yellowing pretty hard at the bottom leaves, is this anything to worry about? should i give them a mild fert? i have them in ghetto dome (made out of a turkey bag) I got a 24 watt CFL 8 inches above them and they are in rock wool cubes. The moms were a little hungry for N when i took the cuttings per your advice. Its been about 6 days. i have been keeping them evenly moist and spraying the dome 2 times a day ...

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have talked to people that will mist the plants with a quarter strength flowering fert, but I dont. Just keep the medium damp and wait for the roots. After they root you can give them a light dose of N when you transplant.....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The first batch is the toughest. I can remember poking around the soil looking for roots and killing them, lol. That is the worst thing you can do. Just follow the basics and give them time. Once you do a few you will know more what to expect.....