What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning Feminized Autos and Reversing the Sex on the Clones with STS for Pollen

Timj

I am getting some of these seeds ready to give away and I am wondering what a person would like to know about the seeds they get. Basically, what information to include on the label.

Does it matter to anyone who the original breeder was? For example, the Trainwreck came from Fastbuds420 and the White Widow I used for pollinating was from Seed Supreme. Would I include that on the label and label them "Fastbuds420 Trainwreck x Seed Supreme White Widow"? Or, would I just say "Trainwreck x White Widow"?

Obviously, I would label them as Feminized Autoflowering Seeds. But, would I also include that each donor was a "Feminized Autoflower" and that the White Widow was reversed for the pollen? Does this matter to anyone?

I guess these would be called F1's? Even though the donor was a reversed female rather than a true male, as far as I can understand, since they were 2 different distinct strains, it is still an F1. Yes?

Also, if I'm not mistaken the name order is, the seed producing plant (female) strain first x the pollen donator (male) or in this case the reversed female, second.

So, this would be Trainwreck x White Widow

Or, do I just skip everything and call it WhiteTrain or TrainWidow? LOL

I may be overthinking this since I have never really done any breeding and always grew Landrace as much as possible. But, I read a lot of posts by breeders and many of them seem interested in details.

Thanks again.

I list the strain and breeder as I find a lot of variation between breeders of the same strain. I also include which plant donated the pollen. I'd call it an F1 as you didn't self the pollen to the White widow. You crossed it with another strain. But, I don't claim to be an expert. So maybe someone on a higher pay scale will chime in. I also date when I harvested the seeds with month and year.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Cool, thanks. I'll go with these...

TRAINWRECK X WHITE WIDOW F1
FASTBUDS 420 TRAINWRECK
FEM AUTO PLANT X
SEED SUPREME WHITE WIDOW
FEM AUTO POLLEN

SEED SUPREME WHITE WIDOW S1
WHITE WIDOW FEM AUTO PLANT
x SAME PLANT CLONES REVERSED FOR POLLEN
March 2024

Thegreengrower64

Cool, thanks. I'll go with these...

TRAINWRECK X WHITE WIDOW F1
FASTBUDS 420 TRAINWRECK
FEM AUTO PLANT X
SEED SUPREME WHITE WIDOW
FEM AUTO POLLEN

SEED SUPREME WHITE WIDOW S1
WHITE WIDOW FEM AUTO PLANT
x SAME PLANT CLONES REVERSED FOR POLLEN
March 2024
By true definition, neither trainwreck or white widow are stand alone strains. Both polyhybrids. So I wouldn't use the term F1, as they are both far from that. But I do understand your thinking on the matter.