What's new

cloning, down to the basics

plato

Well. the verm/perlite mix ( I went 50/50, almost out of perlite) did the job.
I have roots grown out to the sides of the cup she is in, all water clones of this strain are still w/o root, the oldest cut( in soil, in veg tent) seems to be in stasis, no growth, and no signs of stress.
The 4 cuts I took after 5 days flower, I stuck in dirt. they seem to be shriveling pretty bad.
I think I'll be sticking to verm/perlite. I will of course have to give a couple more test runs, but again, I think I SAW roots after 3 - 4 days. I didn't have time to actually take note

plato

Oh, and yes anon- I agree I should have a ph kit.
There's some other tools I would really like as well
But, specially designed nutes, and soil, as well as a watchful eye has kept ph from causing any visible issue- at least on my veg/bloom plants.

My first cutting rooted amazingly well. I used a pot from which a male 8 Miles High had just been evicted. I stuck the cutting, coated with MG fast root, into the hole left from the male plant and pressed in the soil around it. The media was a soil mix that was choice (well aged compost, media, EWC, DE, Plant tone, kelp meal etc). I "domed" it with an open zip lock bag. No mist, no heat.

This cutting did not miss a beat. It did not wilt at all and began new growth in 2 weeks. roots were showing from the base of an 6" tall pot in 3 weeks.

Could the organisms, from the previous plant's roots, assisted in the development of the cuttings roots?

Attachments

• cutting 2.jpg
    cutting 2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
  • cutting 1.jpg
    cutting 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 7

plato

I don't think there are any organisms from the roots, or just confused
But, you should have had a good mycosphere going on,manure is gonna be full of bacteria, and surely fungi; this would assist in the new plants roots.
I keep forgetting about the Ziploc bag... always racking my brain to find a good dome
Oh and the shriveled plants from my last post are toast. they all got the damping off. I think I kept the soil too moist

plato

Well, its been a while...
Just an update...
The water method has had a decent rate of success.
I have found the best to be 50/50 perlite and vermiculite in 30 ml pill bottles. I see roots, from several mother plants in ~ 3 days, and transplant after 7 with a decent rootball.
And a recap... 13 watt cfl 15" from the plants, and brown walls. The cuts sit in a white bucket with a yellow paper on top for humodity and light filtering.

Latest posts

Latest posts