What's new

clones

tazzzy

i cloned 6 ladies just over 2 weeks ago,there was 2 that up & died on me but the rest are doing fine.when should i start giving them fertilizer???? any advice????

After they're rooted, I've stuck them in hydro with the correct level of GH nutes with no problem. In soil, I first only water and then give nutes. I use GH in soil to so its formulated for clones and seedlings. Otherwise go easy on them (1/2 strength) for 7-10 days. When the plants are vigourous and healthy after transplant, fert them normally.

Clones are tough, just don't over fert right away. Good luck.

G

Taz

How did you clone(rockwool, water, soil, gel, or powder)?

I usually dont give any ferts until i've got a good established root system. Then I only use a 1/3 strength(600-800) mix of my PBP and liquid karma veg solution. With clones usually veg a couple of days like that and then I step up the concentration to about 1200-1400ppm veg for a week more (15-20 days total veg)and into bloom.

They are a little more hearty and can stand a little more neglect than a seedlings can.

Ease them into ferts gradually.

Texas Kid

tazzzy

rockwell

rockwell

hi texas kid, when i cloned them i started in rockwell untill the roots started showing. i used schultz take root rooting hormone, & kept them in a dome. as soon as the roots started out i put them into black gold soil.that was 2 weeks ago, & they have growen a good inch & 1/2 .i figure to veg them till they are a foot tall then turn the lights to 12- 12. my mother is almost 5-foot tall so ill have lots of clones. i use fox farm grow big 6-4-4 & to flower i use schultz expert 10-60-10.there all looking great.

syko2

Taz,

I too use shultz 10-60-10 for soil/soiless grown plants to flower with and it gives a nice proformance.. as for the clones the soil mix should offer a nice amount of nutrience for a few weeks so I would say about 10 day's or so start off with a 1/8th or 1/4th strenght feeding and then bump from their

Hope you get a good harvest with thoes clones...

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
hey tazzzy,
what i'll usually do is when i first start to see roots i'll water with an EXTREMELY diluted bloom fert. for the first 4-7 days as the phosphorus aids root developement. i usually dilute to 1/8 or 1/16 of the recommended dosage. depending on strain. sensi star as an example seems to do better at 1/16 dilution while trainwreck takes 1/8 without a hitch.
good luck on your grow,
beans

Last edited: