What's new

clones are not rooting.HELP

I have clones that after 15 days there is not a single root. I am using rockwool cubes in a domed tray with a little superthrive in the 3/4 inch standing water as it has b-1 in it. I used olivias gel, cut them at a 45 angle change the water every 48 hrs. The cuttings are cali hash. blue hash and afghan kush.The temp is a constant 70 to 77 degrees. I decided to take a closer look and the stems are very bulbous and look like a callus or something. Any idea???:wallbash:

C

cellardweller

try bumping the temp up to at least 80f..using the dome for the first three days..after that a few minutes fresh air every day..temp is key..warm it up a bit..and why are you changing the water? all that is doing is shocking the plant imo..
good luck!

edit: that callous part where it looks like the stem is on roids..well she is getting ready to throw feet..anything 75 or below slows this down immensely..

M

mexilandrace

sounds like it's way too wet to me, and don't put superthrive

try bumping the temp up to at least 80f..using the dome for the first three days..after that a few minutes fresh air every day..temp is key..warm it up a bit..and why are you changing the water? all that is doing is shocking the plant imo..
good luck!

edit: that callous part where it looks like the stem is on roids..well she is getting ready to throw feet..anything 75 or below slows this down immensely..
I change the water because of a video I saw on sog. I cant really bump the temp up at this point, Do you think they will live??

U

uncle_shorty

this is foolproof

Dont use superthrive on the cuts...

If you live in California use Humtea, well actually skip that cuz youd have to bubble it in the tray and that would be advanced.

take new cuts and mist them, put them in wet oasis cubes that you have let water rinse through for a few minutes so theres no oasis debris

fill the flat with water just enough for the water to rise over the channels in the flat

cover with dome and put flouros right on top of the dome, the dome should get sweat on the sides, but not enough to cause the sweat beads to drip thats when you have the right temp, but this method will work in a large temp range

just dont open the dome for 10 days to 2 weeks

when you takes cuts you shoudl slice through the stem with out making it lose its integrity or firmness, ie dont crush it before you cut through.

if the fan leaves are large trim them so they dont overlap or touch another cuts leaves while in the flat or let touch any thing else like dome side.

they should have a max of 3 nodes, 2 is better.

if you can use colloidal silver water

fool proof method -

take new cuts and mist them, put them in wet oasis cubes that you have let water rinse through for a few minutes so theres no oasis debris

fill the flat with water just enough for the water to rise over the channels in the flat

cover with dome and put flouros right on top of the dome, the dome should get sweat on the sides, but not enough to cause the sweat beads to drip thats when you have the right temp

dont open the dome for 10 days to 2 weeks

when you takes cuts you shoudl slice through the stem with out making it lose its integrity or firmness, ie dont crush it before you cut through.

if the fan leaves are large dont trim them so they dont overlap or touch another cuts leaves while in the flat or let touch any thing else like dome side.

they cust should have a max of 3 nodes, 2 is better.

if you can use colloidal silver water
Thanks uncle, I am willing to try your way next go around. No freash air for 10 days??? or do I keep the vents open a little??

M

mexilandrace

No superthrive??? I was told by the hydro store that it is great to use because of its content b-1. Also am I not supposed to have standing water??/ How will they survive???

you have them in a dome, which should keep the moisture in.

you want it to be moist but not wet

and the best advice I can give you is to assume all hydro store employees are completely retarded.

BudZad7

Next time you take new cuttings......do this and only this and see what happens:::::
1.Clonex purple rooting jel
2.Rapid Rooters- get the 98 cube mat --you have to cut them from mat
3.Maxicrop liquid seaweed mix a gal up 1 capful to 1 gal RO water
4 Dome/tray for cuttings....
5.New razor blade, sanitize with alcohol.....
6.Sprayer/mister with the seaweed mix
7.Soak cubes in seaweed mix
8.Arrange them in the dome tray
9.Put some rooting gel in a shot glass/dip each cutting,and put into cube
10.VERY IMPORTANT STEP with each cutting 1st.....scrape very gently the outer layer
from the stem cut area, then dip into rooting jel, then put into cube,and spray the leaves
top and underside, and put into dome...that's it...and once a day put seaweed mix to keep
the cubes moist, and a little spray also....7~12 days you should see ROOTS.....
Also the lights help very much...get these if possible Phillips 32watt 48" T-8 natural daylight 5000k tubes
and a 48" fixture for 2 tubes from Walmart $10...this is VERY GOOD LIGHT!!!!! for new cuttings....Peace!!!

colloidal silver can make plants reverse sex.

77degrees is too warm, imho... my clones in dome rarely get above 74 or so... my cloning tray sits in front of an air conditioner, in fact...
I am getting a bunch of conflicting things. I guess alot of folks have there way that works for them. I am just worried that my gals are never goin to root. Or will they??

M

mexilandrace

cloning is voodoo man, million different ways to do it and everyone is right.

once you get your method down don't mess with it or let anyone tell you there is a better way.

you run into rot problems with higher temps, but you can also root a little faster, your temps are fine in my opinion.

you want to have a moist medium, if you go look at rapid rooters or whatever those are called that are already wet, that's how wet you want your rooting medium