What's new

Cloner Additives - Help!

I

Iffy-Caradoc

Hi folks,
I've been reading this thread & I wanted to run my intentions past you.

I need to grow around 20 clones, to choose the best 14 for my hydro grow.
I plan to use a large propagator, 'Clonex' in 'root riot' cubes and a 300wCFL light on 20/4.
Any gaping holes in my plan?
Stay safe

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I plan to use a large propagator, 'Clonex' in 'root riot' cubes and a 300wCFL light on 20/4.
Stay safe

I am by no means an expert, but if you are using a 300 watt light, I'd say that is overkill. 20 cuttings in a tray i can use a 30 watt bulb and get by just fine.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Hi folks,

I need to grow around 20 clones, to choose the best 14 for my hydro grow.
Stay safe

yeah man, i'd have to agree with mort, 300watts is way more light than you need for cloning.

here's a pic of my clone-box which originally had 3x 55watt PL-Ls over the lower, vegging, area and 1x 55watt bulb up top above the cloners.

picture.php

after only a single run i realized i'd built the shelf too close to that upper bulb and i either had to completely rebuild the cab or try and root my clones with reflected light only, ...that was close to 2 years ago and my cuts root no problem with no light above, it turns out the warmth from the lower bulbs is more important to the rooting of my cuts that the light from above.

bozo

Zumie

KKeep it simple . . .little H2o2 and chlorine free water . . .if you must...cycle frozen waterbottles in the reservoir to lower temp

Latest posts

Latest posts