What's new

Climbinghigh's 2010- late start with early strains

Wow! where has the time gone? I was really bad about updating this thread but I guess it's good to fast forward to the exciting stuff. So 2 months since my last post and the plants in the bog look a lot different.

Some of the Manitoba medicine was done September 1st, some mid-September, waiting to chop a bunch at the end of this month, and then just 3 big ones left that will hopefully finish by mid October.

I'm really happy with the Manitoba Medicine. These were F2's so the variaiton was expected, and really a treat.
I've been smoking this stuff regularly with no noticeable tolerance build-up. A few tokes will get you baked. smell is light skunky/sweet- until broken up and the pugent skunk smell is released, I think more cure time will bring this out. It has been compared to cat piss. Taste is sweet pine/slight skunk. The later plants that i haven't cut yet smell very different. I had one last year in a mix pack, I called it "banana bread". but I know it was man med because of the same distinct smell. Very sweet funky/fruity candied bananas. Its nice to see that pheno in my bog garden- I cant wait to sample those! Overall I have to say that growing Manitoba Medicine has been a pleasure, and thanks to Greens for creating such a kick ass strain. Next time I grow these hopefully I'll be selecting for F3's:dance013:

I'll get more pics up eventually.
Peace

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
glad to hear that about the man meds, i like piney weed, i also have some seeds for next year

You won't be disappointed shawkmon. I think the piney taste in man meds probably comes from the freezeland bx mother, and mightymight and afghani in the GG heritage. The earlier finishing phenos tend to be more piney/pungent tasting. The later sweeter ones are my favorite though-very unique and dank.
Its interesting to me, going through the lineage of Man Med the only sativa I find is Kona Gold which was crossed with himalayan to make early gold which was used to make Guerilla Gold = Early Gold x (Mighty Might x Afghan)F5. I think its great how those sativa genetics way down the line still express themselves a lot in about 10% of the man med "F2's" that I made. The parents were both smaller and very fast flowering, nothing like the 3 giants that I'm hoping will finish.
Thats one plant! From what Iv'e seen from sprouting and growing about 40 seeds I made with Manitoba Medicine last year. The majority of these get 2-4 feet tall and produce 1-4 ounces of pungent buds from August through mid September. Theres the late september ones probably 6-8 ounces with a sweeter smell than the early ones, then these later ones are more like 8-16? ounces if it finishes. I wish it were warm enough for sativa dom hybrids here.:comfort:

Back from the bog with a nice harvest of manitoba medicine buds!:jump:

The weather has been cold and very wet so I had a feeling the mold was going to take these if I didn't soon. They are pretty dense so if they go too long its just a matter of time before the insides rot out. I only saw mold on a couple of plants though. The good thing about cold weather though is purple plants. Heres some pics.

more pics- a big branch broke off the greenest of the three big plants left. /P9270006.jpg[/img][/url] :) theres three big plants left, and I think that they are going to finish:) I hope they fill in nice- the most purple one smells very piney, the greenest one smells like pineapple, and i dont remember what the other smells like. Looks like they need to go a couple more weeks- done or not, that might be all the time they've got.

Safe and Happy Harvest Everybody!:blowbubbles:

Thanks greenmax.

I'm going to check on my bogbubbles and bricklands tomarrow. The bricklands should be close to getting done but the bottom branches all have seeds-F2's!. And the bogbubbles- probably need another week. They didnt get enough ferts and yellowed too soon. Pics coming soon-I'll try to put up some dry bud shots of Manitoba Meds when I get a chance.

Peace-

Latest posts

Latest posts