What's new

Classic Strains 2023 Grow - Acapulco Gold - White Widow - Wedding Cake -

J0sh1

Veteran
Greetings yet again fellow IC'ers.

Just a quick share of what's going on in the tent.

Im very partial to growing, and preserving the classic lines I experienced throughout my life journey.

These seeds are all old stock from Barney's Farms and the Greenhouse Seed Company I had laying around in my fridge and had not got around to running. The Greenhouse White Widow was acquired in seed form in 2009, Barney's Acapulco Gold was acquired in seed form in 2014 and Barney's Wedding Cake is the most recent one acquired in seed form in 2021.

All the pictures of the plants where started on 9/15/2023

I have always been true to FoxFarms Ocean Forrest and it's been fantastic but on this particular grow, I gave MiracleGro Performance Organics Container Mix a go and so far I can't say anything negative on it. I haven't had to supplement them with anything just quite yet and that is a good thing.

full

The bunch!

full

Acapulco Gold by Barney Farms circa 2014

full

White Widow by GreenHouse Seed Co circa 2009

full

Wedding Cake by Barney Farms circa 2021

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Greetings yet again fellow IC'ers.

Just a quick share of what's going on in the tent.

Im very partial to growing, and preserving the classic lines I experienced throughout my life journey.

These seeds are all old stock from Barney's Farms and the Greenhouse Seed Company I had laying around in my fridge and had not got around to running. The Greenhouse White Widow was acquired in seed form in 2009, Barney's Acapulco Gold was acquired in seed form in 2014 and Barney's Wedding Cake is the most recent one acquired in seed form in 2021.

All the pictures of the plants where started on 9/15/2023

I have always been true to FoxFarms Ocean Forrest and it's been fantastic but on this particular grow, I gave MiracleGro Performance Organics Container Mix a go and so far I can't say anything negative on it. I haven't had to supplement them with anything just quite yet and that is a good thing.

full

The bunch!

full

Acapulco Gold by Barney Farms circa 2014

full

White Widow by GreenHouse Seed Co circa 2009

full

Wedding Cake by Barney Farms circa 2021
Thanks for posting friend, I love those strains, and your setup looks really good. I'm riding with you for a while.

singlecoiled

Nice ! I'm old school and LOVE the classics. Nice looking plants.

I tried to grow White Widow but the odor was crazy in Veg, (no way I coulda made it to flower) I'm jealous.

Acupulco Gold is about as classic as it gets. We only knew the names of around 5 strains back in the 80's and Acupulco gold was legendary. I've never tried it though...

J0sh1

Veteran
Im with you friend. I only grow and preserve the strains I can recall from prohibition era.
The White Widow is amazing. I feel lucky that I was able to save and reproduce the Green House Seed Co
White Widow Regular Seeds. I think they don't even sell regular seeds anymore.

I am partial to Acapulco Gold because my father always used tell me about that it was the shit in the late 70's early 80's. I was born in 81 so its before my time but still..

Barney's line is their own version of Acapulco Gold which many like to parrot its not the original but it's fine to me. I enjoy it and I can attest that people from back in the day enjoy it as well.. Like it more than what was Acapulco Gold back in the day.

In my opinion Todd McCormick and Mel Frank on the Authentic Genetics have some fire legit 80's lines for sale.

They have the Steve Murphy Afghaan from which the Northern Lites which became the Northern Lights once Nevil started working it.

Skunk #1 and Haze straight from Sam the Skunkman.

I bought Steve Murphy Afghaan, Northen Lights 2, Northern Lights 5, Skunk #1, Sweet Skunk and Haze from
Authentic Genetics and have them stored from preservation and future use.

I have always advocated for people to build their preferred genetic collection cause we don't know what can happen in the near future regarding access and availability of genetic lines.

J0sh1

Veteran
Final transplant to 3 gal grow bags. Topped all the grow bags with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest.
Plants are running on a combination of Miracle Grow Performance Organics + Fox Farm Ocean Forrest.
They have been going since 9/15 with no external fertilizer just running on soil nutes.
Not planning on hitting them with anything anytime soon.

full

full

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Barney's line is their own version of Acapulco Gold which many like to parrot its not the original but it's fine to me. I enjoy it and I can attest that people from back in the day enjoy it as well.. Like it more than what was Acapulco Gold back in the day.
I am a parrot I suppose. Real AG was rare and most who 'smoked it' never did. It became a marketing tool like kush and was branded on anything Mexican or even other countries to make a buck.

It was trip out weed and not just another pleasant high. Your plants look great and I assume your AG will be pleasant, I have heard it is.

J0sh1

Veteran
Agreed, by no means I believe or claim to have an anything unique, "pure isolated landrace" or found the seeds in the grow fields of El Chapo. It's Barney's Acapulco Gold common readily available for anyone to enjoy. It's pleasant, it's got a sweet piney smell to it.

The plant per se in my opinion Barney's could improve on. The calyx to leaf ratio is not to my liking, they are a bit of a pain to trim but the smoke is real nice.

Those plant pictures that I last posted are 62 days in Flowering and are going to be getting cut tomorrow.
I bought a Cannatrol and I'm trying it out with the strains I grew which I shared on this thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts