What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
Do you regularly get that purple, or is that cold related? Mine won't turn purple even with forty degree nights.

I have no heat in there except the light so yes it could be from cold temps....although Soul told me some are going purple too.

Those purple buds are on the "purple" plant and my whole plant pic for her was way out of focus so I didnt include it.

I have 2 other untested females that will be ready to bloom right after these 2 are done! I had planned on these 2 going until Jan 15th which would put me near 55 days.

THEY SMELL AWSOME! The green pheno is super sticky and hoping she gains some weight these final 10 days.

I fed
RO ph 6.4
1tsp/gal calmag+
2tbs/gal PureBlend Pro
1tsp/gal silica blast
2tsp/gal Liquid Karma
1tsp/gal Hydroplex
Total reading at 950ppm(I know its PBP so that is not a true ppm just for info) Normally I would fed a hotter solution but they are nearly done and will probably just feed RO until crop.

Might take a lower and pop in the dehydrator for a test drive!

LT

leet

Lost Tribe : Did you try any samples from this grow ? Have you grown original c99 or c99 f2 ? I also love c99 smells its very unique and pleasant but I thought the high was lacking a bit compared to more hazy crosses like SSH or Nevil's but still very pleasant up sativaish smoke !

LostTribe

Premium user
Lost Tribe : Did you try any samples from this grow ? Have you grown original c99 or c99 f2 ? I also love c99 smells its very unique and pleasant but I thought the high was lacking a bit compared to more hazy crosses like SSH or Nevil's but still very pleasant up sativaish smoke !

Is that you L33t? Grabbed Nevil's after your thread. I have posted back at the start somewhere so I will post again for those suffering short term memory loss n whatnot.

I have grown the following:
5 packs original Bros Grimm C99 -2001 from HS
2 packs GNO3 from seeds direct prior to it becoming BOU
Many Many F3's from that GNO3 release
2 Packs Mosca f1 not impressed but did open pollinate
4 packs Mosca Bx1 also not impressed did not pursue future generation
Last 2 packs of Nuggshiner's C99 at the Bay although not 1 cracked very old stock according to nugg.

Visually there are similarities in leaf patterns, trichome production, Red hairs although the overall bud structure is different less yielding and higher leaf to bud ratio. Smells are definately the best I have experienced since around 07 when the last of my GNO3 f3's were still germinating. I still have about 20 of those seeds but they are pretty much done for. I did not ever keep seed in a freezer until recent years.

I didn't pull a nug today as they trichomes are still very clear under magnification. Maybe next week. The green pheno looks like it started to bulk up since yesterday even so hoping that will continue! That is the one that I really want to taste test!

Thank everyone for stopping in and for all the excellent sharing of info!
LT

redlaser

Veteran
1 tsp per gallon calmag gives me 350ppm with ro water.
I use to always constant feed at 1/2 strength fert with untreated water and never had any issues. Since going to Ro that has changed for me anyway. I was torching plants and underfeeding at times. Now I start with 100 ppm cal mag and then add vegbloom or dynagrow to get to 350-400 ppm or around .6 ec.

I could be wrong but it looks like you may have some elements/ macros in excess causing deficiencys. That one plant with uniform yellowing and the purpling along with a few necrotic spots on leaves point to a possible magnesium issue.

I never used an ec meter before ro water, won't go without it now.

LostTribe

Premium user
I use to always constant feed at 1/2 strength fert with untreated water and never had any issues. Since going to Ro that has changed for me anyway. I was torching plants and underfeeding at times. Now I start with 100 ppm cal mag and then add vegbloom or dynagrow to get to 350-400 ppm or around .6 ec.

I could be wrong but it looks like you may have some elements/ macros in excess causing deficiencys. That one plant with uniform yellowing and the purpling along with a few necrotic spots on leaves point to a possible magnesium issue.

I use exactly 5ml/gallon and my RO tests at 004PPM totally 250PPM with 5ml Calmag+. Always has always should although with this dirt run I am using more like 3ml as I am nearly finished.

I am a hydro grower and have used Botanicare for over a decade straight. The Ca deficiency showed strongly in veg before I began even using nutrients when I was only top feeding ewc, dolomite and 2 different types of guanos.

LostTribe

Premium user

I have my own RO filter system. If you buy water at one of those drive up places you are not getting RO water anywhere near ~005-025 ppm more like 180ppm water.

LostTribe

Premium user
Ive been using Botanicare PBP and supplements for over a decade too...FTW! Hahaha :biglaugh:

Are you using hydroplex or sweet? I have been using hydroplex in 2ml/gal doses for the last few runs and think I am better without it. The silica blast is good at half strength though. Never tried the sweet. Best results were just RO calmag+ and PBP Bloom 5ml/15ml. Feel LK is giving me problems in pure hydroton sometimes too so try to stay away from it.

D

Dioni

Are you using hydroplex or sweet? I have been using hydroplex in 2ml/gal doses for the last few runs and think I am better without it. The silica blast is good at half strength though. Never tried the sweet. Best results were just RO calmag+ and PBP Bloom 5ml/15ml. Feel LK is giving me problems in pure hydroton sometimes too so try to stay away from it.

Ditch the silica blast, Pro Tekt is a much better product. Sweet is just a waste of money, if you want to add sugars just use black strap molasses, you can buy a case (4 gals.) for about $60 foodservice supply store.

LostTribe

Premium user
the pic above is the most intriguing pic...compare that to the 1999 version >

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69927&pictureid=1668146

i think i see similarities...do you folks? psyched!!!!!!

I want you to be the first to know I am going for a test drive on Monday! Wooooo Hooooooo!

Not sure if I will try both but definately the purple one as it looks closer to finished. The Green girl is just starting to add final weight with calyx's starting to bulge. Expecting 55 days at the earliest on the green girl. Purple girl will come first. Fans are using nitrogen going yellow on both, the purple one more so now at day 47 11/13. Old-timer's Purple Haze is sitting pretty at 95 days 11/13 but a ways still to travel!

LostTribe

Premium user
Ditch the silica blast, Pro Tekt is a much better product. Sweet is just a waste of money, if you want to add sugars just use black strap molasses, you can buy a case (4 gals.) for about $60 foodservice supply store.

Thats why I am going back to just RO, Calmag+ and PureBlend Pro Bloom got best results and yield with no problems. Too much snake oil is not a good thing! Molasses is a complete no no in my hydro system.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I dropped the Sweet a while back. That stuff is basically liquid epsom salts and since I was also using Calmag, I suspected it was fukn with my Ca/Mg ratio. Either way, plants are more vibrant since I stopped using it.

I'm using Hydroplex on weeks 3 thru 6. I use it at 2.5ml/gal once a week, so not every watering during that period. I also use LK and Silica Blast. And I dont measure ec/ppm. PBP is super easy to use, like I'm sure you know, and I never push the feed really. I never use PBP over 1tbs/gal.

LostTribe

Premium user
Me too usual 10ml or 2 tsp....they do better when you dont have to push them usually best plants are allowed to fully mature over time and when they are ready just keep them doing their thing.

I said it once I will say it again I am no Dirt grower but had to give it a try. Who knows maybe the smells will prove me wrong but I just feel out of my element.

D

Dioni

Thats why I am going back to just RO, Calmag+ and PureBlend Pro Bloom got best results and yield with no problems. Too much snake oil is not a good thing! Molasses is a complete no no in my hydro system.

Definitely a no in hydro. when you mentioned the sweet thought you were in a medium.

LostTribe

Premium user
Definitely a no in hydro. when you mentioned the sweet thought you were in a medium.

These c99 are in dirt fist MJ grow in dirt in over a decade other than seed pops.

I love Botanicare though I have gone the budget route on maxi grow for veg and moms for a try. 1 parts less to mess with...more time for the plants and you need it in hydro to move them around and re tie the branches and pull larf.