What's new

Chunky Cherry Malawi

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
nice! just bought these seeds....

ive always wanted Malawi since i read about it in High Times about 15 years ago.....

Last edited:
C

CascadeFarmer

nice! just bought these seeds....

ive always wanted Malawi since i read about it in High Times about 15 years ago.....
Cool. CCM definitely has more 'punch' than the Cherry Malawi mom but I'm a sat head and like the CM better. Hopefully some peeps here will be throwing up some smoke reports of the CM later this year :)

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Ive still got the 5 seedlings, hopefully ill be able to clone them within a couple weeks.

Here is my pheno @ 34 dark periods.

Note the thin ass leaves. i guess this bitch leans heavy towards the malawi. Ive never had such skinny leaves.

In all honesty, my first harvest of CCM did not get me high. I smoked 3 or 4 joints, and decided to add the rest to my tumbler pile. I guess im gonna have to let this girl go 100+ days.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
holycrap super sativa! You definitely gotta let her go 100+ Im very interested to see how she turns out

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
well i didnt have patience to go that long, i culled that bitch a few days after that pic.

Here are my 4 seedlings, now 67 days into flower.

They are the three in the smart pots. From left to right, C2, C1, C4

Here is a close up of C2

Here is C3

All have a faint honeysuckle smell.
They all matured much faster than my previous pheno, and they just got their final watering, and will be chopped within a week.

#2 looks the best to me, but also the most distinctive. Its calyxes are much larger, and as a result, you can see the buds look larger, not sure if that is more mass, but most likely.

Going to run #2 at least once more.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
No time to finish that bitch. If im gonna keep a 100+ day-er, she better start showing off incredible traits by day ~65...
(If someone experienced wants to chime in about this policy PLEASE do)

======

So i am 3/4 lit off a witbieren called
68px-Hoegaarden.svg.png
but i will offer this...

At first i was a bit disappointed with this 10 bean purchase. My first rd. was less than stellar, and considering the offerings ive seen from BOG and REZ, they deliverer slightly less $/bean (feel free to check my sig/history for grow history).

User Mountain offered me 'assistance' after seeing my first rd (of 5 seeds, two girls), but then 'nuked' his/her account < two weeks later. Im sure the offer was probably valid, but im not really one get into all of that. PLUS I realize it's all a roll of the dice (it KILLS me when i see people complain about female:male).

I actually know NOTHING of the breeder (Rev?), i just knew a cherry pheno of an African strain crossed to a 'mtn valley' indica (like DC) should produce some interesting lineage.

I just broke/tore apart my CCM#2 after a week or so cure and i swear i got a lil cherry smell. maybe 4-4.5/10. Not sure if it will transfer to in inhalation flavor, and probably wont know until tomorrow (i have two volcano 'chambers'. I try to always keep one freshly packed, one is currently packed as an indica [a bubblegum tasting BOG Blush], and I just packed this CCM into the other [I try to make this one sativa. I consider this CCM pheno probably a sativa]).

Like i alluded to, im about to fire up the 'indica', its 4:42am here, ill try to report back tomorrow about (my keeper) #2 pheno.

FWIW unique flavor is 8/10ths of what im searchin for.

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Getting lit off my CCM#2 pheno right now.

Its definitely a fumar con dios. Its a head high, not much stone. I can smell a little cherry off the buds, but i dont get much in the taste (of the volcano vape).

I'll never know how 'sativa' that 95+ day pheno would have been, but my #2 pheno might be a prototypical 'manageable indoor sativa'; she had the largest calyxes of that seed grouping with a nice heady high.

I have no other African genetics, she'll probably stick around for a while.

Where the hell does rev post? I would love to see some images of his Cherry Malawi, google seems to offer only images of f1's.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
So been doing a little more reading about Cherry Malawi (there is plenty of info here on Deep Chunk), and here is a write up (this is at least 3rd hand) from Rev (i believe from Skunk Mag).

I really love this smoke. She involves no couchlock at all. She's very energizing and uplifting, with a semi-edgy side (I could see this hybrid causing a bit of paranoia in some). My friend Fing_57 grew this and sent me a nice sample. I made the Cherry Malawi by hybridizing a Hawaiian Cherry Bomb with a Malawi cultivar sent to me from a local in South Africa.

You can still find some of these around the web through private sources. I will be inbreeding this to stability in the near future because she's a real performer outdoors (if you have the season for it). The flavors lean heavily toward Malawi, with that watered-down, lemony and earthy combination, with a slight blonde hash background. She's a creeper and takes about 30-40 minutes to really set in for a nice, level high. She's supreme for wake-n-bake. Heavy chronic medical smokers likely wouldn't find this to be of much use, as she has little body to her. However, i find her stimulating to my mind and the legs are long. You stay under her influence for 3 or 4 hours solid. She then let's you down softly and smoothly, without and sleepy feelings whatsoever.

She yields an overflowing trashcan full of beautiful, thick colas. She's a dream for Sativa lovers who prefer to enhance whatever they're doing, rather than become wrecked hard and stumbling around, confused or tired. There's plenty of the couchlock varieties out there to choose from; if that's your speed, Cherry Malwai isn't for you.

So far ive only flowered her once, in a 2gal smart pot, so i wont speak for yield (although my keeper did out yield her sisters). But the rest is spot on for my pheno.

Ive got one vegging in a 5Gal bucket right now, and clones too.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
thanks for posting that info from rev shroomDr.

I got some cherry malawi f1s, and f2s. Eventually plan to find a male to use

N

Nondual

thanks for posting that info from rev shroomDr.

I got some cherry malawi f1s, and f2s. Eventually plan to find a male to use
Are you running those Cherry Malawi beans yet?

She yields an overflowing trashcan full of beautiful, thick colas. She's a dream for Sativa lovers who prefer to enhance whatever they're doing, rather than become wrecked hard and stumbling around, confused or tired.
For sure some marketing stuff in there but honestly you'll be better served with straight Cherry Malawi instead of CCM. CM is fantastic wake and bake stuff and that would be my preference. The Deep Chunk in CCM sure adds a punch but I prefer the cleaner high type of CM.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Alright, this thread got some traffic today, i figure ill post some pics (and hope Krunch matches me later).

Once again, here is the plant @ 66 days, it the one on the far left.

A closer up

And here she is dried.

Hell, almost anyone could see its the same buds!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Getting cloudy with my second to last 'chamber full' of CCM. She has been a great day smoke, no lethargy.

I only kept my #2 pheno, and im just waiting for the clones to root.

Flowered the CCM in 2Gal smart pots the first time, and my #2 has been vegging in a 5gal bucket for months. She is at least 3X bigger. Pretty sure i moved her to an 18Gal tub a couple nights ago, and she will hit flower on christmas.

This girl could overgrow my space.

Lets see some more PICTURES!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Here she is again. ~17 days of 12/12 (03/01 will be 70 extended photo periods).

She seems a bit farther along than i would figure, she wasnt showing pistils in veg; i think i transplanted her into that container about a week before i dropped her into flower.

This is all the same plant. It is also the BACK of the plant. They are trellised vertically using bamboo and zip ties. There is a 600w vertically hung in a 39.5" x39.5" tent.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
BUmP! Anyone know where to get these seeds? or the black malawi, or any rev gear?

Latest posts

Latest posts