What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Christian/religious smokers thoughts on Codex Sinaiticus

cbotany

So, I know Christian values are not always aligned with modern cannabis use, but have any other fellow believers looked into the codex sinaiticus? It seems pretty similar to modern new testaments with a few changes here and there, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Kimes

4 The Lord created medicines out of the earth,
and the sensible will not despise them.
5 Was not water made sweet with a tree
in order that its power might be known?
6 And he gave skill to human beings
that he might be glorified in his marvellous works.
7 By them the physician heals and takes away pain;
8 the pharmacist makes a mixture from them.
God’s works will never be finished;
and from him health spreads over all the earth.

Ecclesiasticus, 38​

Don't know much but the archealogical finds of seremonial jewish temple incense burners with canabis residue still on it and above mentioned quotes + sweet smoke offerings quotes make me think that God surely meant Canabis to be for the healing of the nations and a pleasant burnt offering he favors over burnt animal flesh smell..

But hey, what do I know?

:smokeit:

1024px-Zentralbibliothek_Z%C3%BCrich_-_Alle_Weissheit_ist_bey_Gott_dem_Herrn_-_000012138.jpg

Book of Eccleciastics , chapter 1, old Germanic manuscript 1654

Interesting topic and thanks for reminding me to get my hands on them Sinai landrace seeds, supposedly smelling like roses..! :groupwave:

Last edited:

cbotany

Don't know much but the archealogical finds of seremonial jewish temple incense burners with canabis residue still on it and above mentioned quotes + sweet smoke offerings quotes make me think that God surely meant Canabis to be for the healing of the nations and a pleasant burnt offering he favors over burnt animal flesh smell..

But hey, what do I know?

:smokeit:

1024px-Zentralbibliothek_Z%C3%BCrich_-_Alle_Weissheit_ist_bey_Gott_dem_Herrn_-_000012138.jpg

Book of Eccleciastics , chapter 1, old Germanic manuscript 1654

Interesting topic and thanks for reminding me to get my hands on them Sinai landrace seeds, supposedly smelling like roses..! :groupwave:
The syrians are insane (My friend bred with them quite a bit, and I think they're pretty close to Sinai). I don't know about the Sinai tho. I think cannabis has been used to make anointing oils in the church as well as an incense! I'm forgetting the verse, but there is a recipe that is debated that cannabis was a part of "anointing oil" that also contained frankincense myrrh cinnamon and a plant called "fragrant cinnamon".