What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let those who wish to discuss their own faith do so in their own thread - on a forum site you are always going to get members from all sorts of beliefs - and if they wish to have a thread based around it - then so be it - if it doesn't interest you - then why get involved?

We already have a Buddhist thread that's about 16 years old - and still members contribute to it.

Thanks Gypsy! :smoke:

Jesus and the Holy Bible--debate thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362856

Medfinder

Chemon 91
1 Peter 4:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Matthew 16:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Philippians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Romans 16:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

WHY OVER 40,000 DIFFERENT CHURCH NAMES?

Acts 2:47 King James Version (KJV)
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

HE SAID HIS CHURCH THE CHURCH IN HIS NAME.

The churches of Christ

Matthew 7:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
discussing your faith includes having to listen to opposing views
:laughing:

And learning that a great many people think it's foolish, Bronze Age superstition, borne from ignorance. Thunder ISN'T some god or giant bellowing their rage. Scientific mysteries are not miracles or act of god. We know what causes the tides. We also know that there is a complete and utterly damning lack of verifiable evidence proving the existence of ANY god. Odd, considering there's been thousands of them.
IMHO, religion is imagination misspent.

St. Phatty

discussing your faith includes having to listen to opposing views

Yes.

I was just telling a friend today, the crucifixion reminds me of the beating of Reginald Denny, at the 1992 riots in LA, corner of Florence & Normandy.

But after local youths enraged about the Rodney King verdict used Mr. Denny's head as a place to break cinderblocks, he had access to 20th century emergency medical care.

Is Jesus had had access to the medical care available to the same angels that visited Mary in 1:27-38, would that have helped Jesus survive the terrible beating that he received ?

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
24 “Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock;
25 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26 And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand;
27 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it.”

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
24 “Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock;
25 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26 And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand;
27 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it.”

Amen! Great verse of the day! Thanks for sharing! There is no God like our God! Amazing! Thank you Jesus!

How about this passage?

Luke 12:22-34 NKJV

Do Not Worry

22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why [d]are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not [e]arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek [f]the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
:smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everyone is welcome here.

no one needs you permission.

be ready for opposing ideas because you are obviously looking to stir shit up.

that is your ultimate goal here, isn't it? with your flag waving and bible preaching?

you have been a member for almost 15 years.

why now?

Give me liberty! I'd like to have a place for christians on the forum to study the Bible, pray, and fellowship together. Other off-topic or harassing posts may be ignored. :smoke:
picture.php

W

Water-

your negative rep is so Jesus like.

what happened to turning the other cheek?

W

Water-

Yes.

I was just telling a friend today, the crucifixion reminds me of the beating of Reginald Denny, at the 1992 riots in LA, corner of Florence & Normandy.

But after local youths enraged about the Rodney King verdict used Mr. Denny's head as a place to break cinderblocks, he had access to 20th century emergency medical care.

Is Jesus had had access to the medical care available to the same angels that visited Mary in 1:27-38, would that have helped Jesus survive the terrible beating that he received ?

there was no jesus.

it is a myth

St. Phatty

FYI, these threads are much more enjoyable if you put pipeline on your ignore list. Way less preachy filler to scroll through.

I'm not sure we have enough threads about Christianity.

I feel slightly religious about the ocean.

:::::::Surfer Fellowship--Brobonic Verse of the Day:::::::

attachment.php

Beer Bong Wakeboarding

Attachments

• beer-bong-wake-boarding.jpg
    beer-bong-wake-boarding.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 18

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FYI, these threads are much more enjoyable if you put pipeline on your ignore list. Way less preachy filler to scroll through.

That was so nice, thank you, i wood! Eventually I fell like the christians will get some respect and have a cool little thread here. I think our voice will get drowned out by these trolls for the time being though. Thats alright. Do what you need to do.

I can answer questions about scripture if you ask nicely. Just stop with these disrespectful remarks. That's alright! God understands! :smoke:

Luke 5:38-48 NKJV

Go the Second Mile

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 [o]But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your [p]brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the [q]tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 Peter 4:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Matthew 16:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Philippians 2:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Romans 16:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

WHY OVER 40,000 DIFFERENT CHURCH NAMES?

Acts 2:47 King James Version (KJV)
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

HE SAID HIS CHURCH THE CHURCH IN HIS NAME.

The churches of Christ

Matthew 7:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

I like that verse in Acts where the apostle Paul describe the growth of the early church! Thanks for sharing, Medfinder!

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Catholic church it's totally against to the cannabis use, has spent hundreds of thousant of dollars for election campaigns against the cannabis....you don't are a good Christian, pipeline, and these thread don't are welcome in this forum (yeah, play with the ridicolous negative rep man!)

Mick

Veteran
shithawk is correct I believe.

Yin and Yang have nothing to do with good and evil value judgments that involve punishment by a god.

I think the passsage is reffering to the idea of a unity of all things and that the mind is the source of the illusion of duality.

I understand where you are coming from but the philosophy behind the two ideas is very different.

1. "The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

2. When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad. Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other. Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.

If you overesteem great men,
people become powerless.
If you overvalue possessions,
people begin to steal. The Master leads
by emptying people's minds
and filling their cores,
by weakening their ambition
and toughening their resolve. she helps people lose everything
they know, everything they desire,
and creates confusion
in those who think that they know. Practice not-doing,
and everything will fall into place.

4. "The Tao is like a well:
used but never used up.
It is like the eternal void:
filled with infinite possibilities. It is hidden but always present.
I don't know who gave birth to it.
It is older than God.

I agree 100% with what you said. Good and evil may be no different than up and down, left or right. It's fascinating to watch the mind create a reality of sorts using dualism, in fact I think it's exactly how it does create it. If the mind needs opposites to create a reality, then at the end of the day, good is no more virtuous than evil, as you need one to have the other.
I think the space between our thoughts is way closer to the Tao than any words, but having said that, here's a few written ones.

Second Verse of the Tao Te Ching –
Under heaven all can see beauty as beauty,
only because there is ugliness.
All can know good as good only because there is evil.
Being and nonbeing produce each other.
The difficult is born in the easy.
Long is defined by short, the high by the low.
Before and after go along with each other.
So the sage lives openly with apparent duality
and paradoxical unity.
The sage can act without effort
and teach without words.
Nurturing things without possessing them,
he works, but not for rewards;
he competes, but not for results.
When the work is done, it is forgotten.
That is why it lasts forever.

Last edited:
W

Water-

To understand the Taoist notion of good and evil, it is important to distinguish between the "concept" of evil versus the "reality" of evil.

As a concept, Taoists do not hold the position of good against evil; rather they see the interdependence of all dualities. So when one labels something as a good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all concepts necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical.

Read more at https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/taoism/what-do-taoists-believe.aspx?p=7#2K1gJbv7bsjuuRYs.99

"In Taoism, evil does not exist in itself. Evil is seen as a manifestation of man's misoverstanding of balance, causing one to suffer.

So evil does exist in a worldly manifestation (man's perception) but not unto itself."

Mick

Veteran
To understand the Taoist notion of good and evil, it is important to distinguish between the "concept" of evil versus the "reality" of evil.

As a concept, Taoists do not hold the position of good against evil; rather they see the interdependence of all dualities. So when one labels something as a good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all concepts necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical.

Read more at https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/taoism/what-do-taoists-believe.aspx?p=7#2K1gJbv7bsjuuRYs.99

"In Taoism, evil does not exist in itself. Evil is seen as a manifestation of man's misoverstanding of balance, causing one to suffer.

So evil does exist in a worldly manifestation (man's perception) but not unto itself."

Imo, it's "all" concepts, as our "reality” of anything is but a human interpretation of it, which in my experience isn't that real at all, as it's so limited.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Isaiah 5:20-21
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts