What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Water-

John Lennon said that
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain.

the pain he is in leads him to hanging on to an imaginary figure in hopes that it will help his dispair.

it is a desperate and sad place that people can end up in.
many people do because of the fear and dispair that is born from being thrown into an existence that has no apparent inherent meaning or purpose.
It is mentaly overwhelming and people cling to all sorts of ideas and people (alex jones) to distract themselves from it.
It is understandable and very human.
That is why the symbols of the cross and flag comfort him. they represent things that are a distraction from his dispair.
the holy war he is trying to wage here gives him a sense of purpose and meaning.
he imagines himself a warrior for his god.
a grand illusion created in order to hide from the reality that we are unable to know why we are here and for what purpose.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
John Lennon said that
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain.

the pain he is in leads him to hanging on to an imaginary figure in hopes that it will help his dispair.

many people do because of the fear and dispair that is born from being thrown into an existence that has no apparent inherent meaning or purpose.
It is mentaly overwhelming and people cling to all sorts of ideas and people (alex jones) to distract themselves from it.
That is why the symbols of the cross and flag comfort him. they represent things that are a distraction from his dispair.
the holy war he is trying to wage here gives him a sense of purpose and meaning.
a grand illusion created in order to hide from reality that we are unable to know why we are here and for what purpose.

Filtering posts--anyone else

John 15:26-27

The Coming Rejection

26 “But when the [c]Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

There is no God like our God! God is my rock!

picture.php

gladysvjubb

Veteran
It is all BULLSHIT. There is no "GOD". It was misinterpreted when Aliens showed up here and seeded the planet long before Christ who was the offspring of artificial insemination. They said they dropped 3 of them here to help teach the people about GOOD. However they were all killed.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't you notice something about all of these deities?

Alot of what is spoken about in their holy books is about 'serving someone' - 'being part of a flock (like good little sheep) - and living their lives 'as god willed' - by 'being a good slave serving whatever master' - now doesn't that all play well into the hands of the controlling 0.00001%'ers - who set themselves up as priests/ministers/vicars/rabbi's/imams etc - the monarchs and aristocracy - who are of course nearer to whosever god - and so must be treated with great respect, and have many slaves - or their wrath might lead to problems not only in this world - but in a fiery hell that is created and propagated in the minds of children - to scare them for the rest of their lives to obey the words and commands of the 'elites'.

What I am getting at - hopefully respectfully here - is a question that has always been in my mind - were not these 'religions' created by man to be able to control their fellow man, and profit from it in some way? - whether it was thru good intentions somewhat - or was it going for full mind control over those it successfully converted to its ideology - by using fear tactics of the Dante'-esque afterlife it projected and instilled as fact in all minds possible - indoctrinating millions of people.

Yep, but then again they were working with what they had. If no elites or slaves, progress to what we have today might not have happened or been slowed greatly? Also the fear produced by religions might have been needed to get compliance for the work/ self control needed to get here.

I do not think it was ok to have slaves btw. Just wondering if civilization could have moved forward much without very low pay or slave workers/ fear of hell in it over time. With my wages I often feel a bit like an indentured servant or slave sometimes.:tiphat:

I had religion shoved down my throat since a child and grew to hate it. I have no love for it now but maybe more tolerance to why it was so important to so many.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Jesus Christ! Do you people live in a cave? Or do you have your head in the ground? The History Channel in America just announced last Friday that we are NOT alone in the world here nor the Universe. Some are in Antarctica. Some under the sea. Look here: history.com

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Why we are here? For what purpose?

Why we are here? For what purpose?

John Lennon said that
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain.

a grand illusion created in order to hide from the reality that we are unable to know why we are here and for what purpose.

Read "An Alien Harvest" by Linda Moulton Howe. Investigative reporter in the UFO community. 42 years experience. Award winning writer. Watch this all the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHV...gnXw2MB6gAn2Bhn1epXOK39VRQe1YTn4D1SXHNQbOM3bc

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Jesus Christ! Do you people live in a cave? Or do you have your head in the ground? The History Channel in America just announced last Friday that we are NOT alone in the world here nor the Universe. Some are in Antarctica. Some under the sea. Look here: history.com

I am watching this now. Does it ever get around to anything new, or actual proof? Seems like all the other alien shows so far.

JonathanT

How can anyone believe anything written in that BOOK? It's freaking 2019. Are we still cavemen? Magic beings living where exactly? Center of the earth and some magic place in outer space? Come the hell on. I have read that book many times. It's ok to beat your wife in that book. I've asked this supposed God to strike me down, still here. Tried to sell my soul to Satan, guess I'm not worth much. I only asked for a dollar. Still alive.

Absolem

That god sure is a funny guy. Always pranking his followers. Just curious if anyone here has heard from god to build an alter to him to sacrifice their own kid to prove their devotion to god?

Genesis 22:1-12

Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!"

"Here I am," he replied.

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"

"Yes, my son?" Abraham replied.

"The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.

When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"

"Here I am," he replied.

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

beta

Veteran
The moral of this story is that you should, in fact, follow the voices in your head when they tell you to murder your family. It's a Good Thing™.

That god sure is a funny guy. Always pranking his followers. Just curious if anyone here has heard from god to build an alter to him to sacrifice their own kid to prove their devotion to god?

Genesis 22:1-12

Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!"

"Here I am," he replied.

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"

"Yes, my son?" Abraham replied.

"The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.

When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"

"Here I am," he replied.

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have heard that proposed before. For me its a personal relationship with life and all of creation. God of Jesus Christ is the God of all creation and we trust His will. Its not controlling me. I'm free you see! :smoke:

View Image

John 15:26-27 nkjv

The Coming Rejection

26 “But when the [c]Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

I've heard this before. It is the mantra of Christians who allow themselves to excuse the destruction of nature, because a supposed god has given it to humans to dominate. It does not matter anyway because god is going to build the earth anew. This gives you the excuse to worship nature [creation] destroyers like trump.

Tell me, what say you of the thousand years of peace predicted in the bible? Those who are simple Christians will not be allowed to participate. Only ones who have been put to death will be supposed priests and rulers. Those who said lord, holy, holy, will be left to rot during this time. The nations will all be functional during this time so the end times are at least 1000 years away. You will not see it according to revelations 20.

Pure fiction.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
John 17 New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Prays for Himself

17 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [a]should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6 “I have [c]manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep[d] through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them [e]in the world, I kept them in [f]Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is [g]lost except the son of [h]perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify[i] them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who [j]will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts