What's new

Choosing Vaporizers

420empire

Veteran
Hey all.

I have a few questions about vaporizer.

First and foremost, I am most of "glass guy" I think one of the best ways to consume the sacred herb is in company with a good ROOR bong. But every time I smoke this wonderful herb I finds the idea of my lungs are destroyed by the smoke repulsive. I therefore looked at sone various solutions, I hope some of you may guide me either to buy or discourage me to buy ;). I have linked various products and hope for response.

1: This one seems to be something i look for, but It dosen´t have a degree tuner, product description:
- "It vaporizes the active substances in herbs at 200°C (392°F). It is widely regarded as the best vaporizer there is."
I would add one thing, I like the idea og of a heating element, maybe this could be made for every kind og Glass piece??

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/verdamper-vaporizer.cfm

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/volcano-vaporiser-digital.cfm?iProductID=4622

3: I like the idea, but it looks like a screwdriver, but it is cheap!

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...ortable-digital-vaporizer.cfm?iProductID=5033

4: Herborizer Vaporiser - Tube. Again the idea of the glass bong design in a combination with the vaporizer princip is so cool. But what is not cool is, it has a constant temp at 190 'celsius, damm you'!

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/herborizer-vaporiser---tube.cfm?iProductID=7677

Vaporloution - cheap, made out of glass, handy. This is seems as a okay portable piece for outdoors, but again as I have been told one have to hold the turbo thorh at a exact angle,,, Well, I don´t want that.. on the other hand, mayby it isen´t as difficult as it looks.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/vapolution---pocket-vaporizer.cfm?iProductID=5252http

So all in all i want the design of the Herborizer Vaporiser bong, but with a greater "degree tuneing" just as the volcano have. If I could get the battery like bowlhead to a RooR, I would be a much more greatfull smoker. Do any one know about such a thing, otherwise I have to invent one:thinking:

Have a nice day :tiphat:

G

grozzef

you didn't mention it but the silver surfer is amazing, should check it out

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Extreme V tower is what I use. Your going to get many answers here allot use different products and no one will tell ya there's sucks. I find it does a great job and is half of what the Volcano cost. There's a few models out since I got my Extreme that I would like to try.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i was just going to post a thread about this.....

i need a vape badely. i cough up bong butter all day and hate it with a passion......

as physical as i am, i need to improve my lung function. i can barely hold my breath for 30 seconds and that's not good....

and as much oil as i smoke, it just compounds the problem. think i smoked close to a 1/2 zip in one week a couple weeks ago.....

good thread, lets hope there is no bullshit.....

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I love my Iolite, but use it mostly for travel. The smell of a vaporizer is much less obvious than a pipe, but not to be considered 'undetectable'. My frequent travel companion who does not smoke, really likes the vaporizer as well as it's less offensive for him in regards to the smoke. I feel that the buzz is much more pronounced using a vaporizer.. maybe the word 'purer' would be applicable. If I were to want one for use at home, I would probably go with a Silver Surfer. A friend of mine has one and it's very reliable, well built and works great.

mgk :tiphat:

tr1ck_

I have had three vaporizers, I started with an Iolite, I loved it when I got it, but hated it by the end of the week. I then sold it to a friend for a huge loss and I upgraded to a Vaporbrothers whip style vape. Overall this vape was "OK". I enjoyed using it, but after a few weeks the novelty ran off and I found myself using the bong most of the time. About a year later I decided to sell the vaporbros after it hadn't been used for nearly 6 months straight, at this point I finally I decided to get the volcano, and its the only vaporizer I still continue to use even after the novelty wore off. I like the mesh screen option a lot for smoking extracts as well. I have had my volcano almost a year and its still my first choice for smoking.

Sour Deez

I recently got a SSV(Silver Surfer Vape), only been using it for a few weeks but it def works good. Its got a glass cover over a heating unit. In the glass cover is a hole which air is drawn in, then gets heated up then passes over your herb and vapes it. There is no temp setting, just a knob you adjust to increase/decrease the heating unit temp, since everyone pulls air in at a different speed. The key is to find "your" sweet spot on the temp knob.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
www.fuckcombustion.com knows all

I also have the EQ. it works good with a bong.

any whip can easily be attached to a bong. silver surfer seems to be the consensus best whip

they do make herborizers with temp control. called Herborizer XL

vriptech heatwand is another one to consider

you could wait a while until the vapexhale cloud comes out. looks pretty sick

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I love my Extreme Q by Arizer.

I'll second this, we've got an extreme Q v3 and we've put probably a years worth of harvest through it with no problems.

About once a month though we have to disassemble it (screws are on the bottom) to clean out the internals. Fine powder will eventually sift into everything with heavy use. It's quite easy to completely break down & clean though. I would recommend the heavier silicone coated bowls though, we killed the two that came with it in the first 6 months. The replacement "tuff" bowls have yet to have a single issue despite being bounced off tile, accidentally kicked across the room and sat upon a few times.

This place is a little rough on "stuff".

LeeROI

I was about to buy a Da Budda (cheaper version of the SSV) but . . .

The VapeXhale Cloud just started shipping (finally). Discounted price for the first 1,000 customers. Sign up at the company's site; no charge info is requested until time of shipment. Nice glass perc tube on top (choice of three right now).

I know I sound like a shill but check the thread under Vaporizer Discussion at fuckcombustion. Party size bowl (and a smaller one) will be coming in the future. If you are in the company of real party animals, you might wait for the cheaper glass options to become available (although those prices haven't been determined yet). The (inverted) Cloud base unit will work with almost any piece that uses an 18.8mm slide as it is.

THC123

Veteran
volcano volcano volcano if you want thick tasty hits i tired 8 vaporizers already and all where crap comparedd to the volcano real real crap

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I'm looking for a vaporizer myself and after a years worth of research and comparing reviews etc, the best value for money is the Extreme Q Vaporizer, the Volcano rates highly but falls through on the price comparison scale of mine, basically I can't afford it lol :biggrin: it's double the price of the Extreme Q which does exactly the same thing as the volcano. The Silver Surfer rates highly on my little scale also but when the time comes I'll be buying a Extreme Q :good:
It all comes down to personal choice and what features your looking for in your vape, the above 3 vapes I mentioned all have great reviews for me it's the $$ factor :)
:smoke out:

THC123

Veteran
it's double the price of the Extreme Q which does exactly the same thing as the volcano.

the extreme Q in theory does the same thing yes , untill you put them side by side , only then will you understand what i mean

i took 2 friends of mine to a growshop , the organci earth in maastricht , to test 5 different vaporizers

my friends also wanted to save money and when we all saw the extreme Q we where very enthusiastic

i mean half the price , looks better , remote control and does the same thing as the volcano

then we actually tried it on the same temp settings(185 degrees) as the volcano

we then upped the temp settings and still the same thing

barely noticable effect taste and above all satisfaction

now eventually we got high from it but it just isnt the same thing

i compare the volcan to a glass of wine and the extreme Q as a glass of wine with water

save up money and buy a decent vape

in the end my friends went with the volcano as they where used to vaping on mine and none of the other vaporizers gave the same thick intense tasty vapor with good effect like the volcano

First and foremost, I am most of "glass guy" I think one of the best ways to consume the sacred herb is in company with a good ROOR bong. But every time I smoke this wonderful herb I finds the idea of my lungs are destroyed by the smoke repulsive.
the only one coming close is the verdamper from evert but that thing is not user friendly and breakable but if you are a glass guy , this is the thing for you but it hasnt got accurate temp control

not trying to sound like a fanboy , and if possible i would like of course to save money , but then it has to be a decent vaporizer and the etreme Q is just weak

close to no vape , aroma came out of it

Don Dump

Veteran
THC123 your experience is atypical. I think that with the proper technique, you can get bags with an EQ that would be indistinguishable from the volcano. at least that is what hear from people who have both, I need to try a cano for myself, perhaps it is magic

It seems to me like the OP would be best served with a heat wand type deal. herbo xl, vriptech, life saber or even just a hakko

love?

the extreme Q in theory does the same thing yes , untill you put them side by side , only then will you understand what i mean

i took 2 friends of mine to a growshop , the organci earth in maastricht , to test 5 different vaporizers

my friends also wanted to save money and when we all saw the extreme Q we where very enthusiastic

i mean half the price , looks better , remote control and does the same thing as the volcano

then we actually tried it on the same temp settings(185 degrees) as the volcano

I have the Extreme Q and use it at 230 degrees. Don't use it at 185, you'll get barely any vapor. ;) Even if that's what you use other vaporizers with, I guess the heat sensor of the Q is a bit below the place for the herbs or something and therefore not really accurate.

No matter which vaporizer you use I think you'll have to learn how to use it "right" to get the most out of it, so comparing something you try once to what you have at home might not really be a fair comparison. Actually I feel that's the same with smoking equipment like pipes as well.

A friend had a Volcano long before I got the Q and I did not like it at all. Don't like using bags with the Q either though. In retrospect I should have maybe gone with a whip only vape or something. The remote control of the Q is completely pointless to me too, it's missing the "refill with new weed" button...

THC123

Veteran
I guess the heat sensor of the Q is a bit below the place for the herbs or something and therefore not really accurate.

good point you have there , well yeah i like ot be able to trust the display:D at 230 vape in the volcano is more smoke then vape

Don Dump

Veteran
this post explains the accuracy of the displayed temp of the EQ. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=121321#p121321

also if I remember right, Arizer adjusted the temps with the later E.v3 and EQ to best be used around 200C (due to popular demand)

digital temp displays are pretty complicated apparently. hurts my brain.

this is a cool gif. I want a herbo
778923215_QPynC-X3.gif

THC123

Veteran
this is a cool gif. I want a herbo

look a lot like the verdamper from Evert

what vaporizer is that DD?

taste wise these are the best , better then the volcano but me , glass and being stoned dont mix :)

Latest posts

Latest posts