What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chimera's-SSS1

JLP

Veteran
SSS1 stands for Sweet Skunk Selfed.Chimera sent me these as testers but I don't believe they've been released yet and I have no idea when or if.
I think the Sweet Skunk is a BC clone they've been growing for years up there.
A lot of people knock the S1 seeds and personally I'd rather grow regular but in the case of elite clones the S1 seed does have a place.
One thing I've found with S1 seed is variation,much the same you would expect from F2.
I grew 3 females(no males,no hermies) that finished from 75-80 days.I did have one that was very Sativa and barely had hairs at 60 days flower so I chopped it down and chucked it.
The other 2 grew just fine,not too much stretch and a nice yeild of semi-solid buds.Good resin production of low profile sticky glands.
The flavor is a little different from anything I've grow.It is indeed sweet but it's not a fruity sweet but more like the smell of a new piece of rubber,like a ball or dog toy(not tires).
The high is very up and intense.

JLP

Last edited:
G

STUNNING SPECIMEN MR. PEDIMORE - AS ALWAYS, THE PLANT IS A SHINING STAR - GREAT WORK!

STUNNING SPECIMEN MR. PEDIMORE - AS ALWAYS, THE PLANT IS A SHINING STAR - GREAT WORK!

How does she stand up to TFD's Real McCoy?
me'likes the looks and sound of this one better:canabis:

imagine the yields off 'er grown bush stylee!:yoinks:

the sweet rubber is cool -
very characteristic of the most the Hawaiians i have tried..

very complex, and hard to describe.

:yes::yes: sucks its selfed stock--any plans for the future?

JLP

Veteran
Thanks guys.

Hey TF,long time no see.
Yeah,,when you open the jar the smell jumps out.
If you get by Gypsy's on 420 you can try a puff and see what you think.

Hey Captain Jack,yeah, the SSS1 has more of a Sativa high than the RMC but not by much.

Hey Shroomy,the high is a farly intense sativa,almost edgy like C99 if you smoke enough.If you look closely at the pics you'll see a bit of variation in the 2 plants but they both had that sweet rubber smell and taste.

JLP

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i have sweet skunk growing, its piney as hell...you got a pheno like that? very trippy visual cerebral. happy high. i have a dish of SS oil right now i am snacking on, actually.

your pics highly resemble the clone.

Last edited:

Oreganic

MmmMmm.. looking good JPL. Lookin daaaamn good. Your photography is just so frickin' good man.. gotta give you da props.

-oreganic.

Beautiful work again JLP, I've been eagerly awaiting these pics and your impressions. She looks so much like her mama its scary, down to the trichrome pattern and shape. A very small batch of these were made last winter and have barely seen the light of gardens except a small group of SS lovers. The Sweet skunk clone is in my opininion the finest and most unique sativa of the last decade, and the unbeatable #1 favorite in our group of cannabis cowboys. I was just at the garden where they were conceived and these guys have a batch going as well, all very similar yet different in subtleties such as the range of odors as well as density and pistil length, although all unmistakably variations of this beloved elite clone. These beans are already becoming legends in my own mind, and a nice reassurance that the clone picked out by Steve over a decade ago will linger around this planet for alot longer yet......

Stay tuned for the release of the Sweet Skunk Selfed from the Cannabis Cowboy, these are too good to keep to myself! CC

Last edited:

Red

Saving the Planet, One Seed At A Time
That Buddha looks like he just obtained enlightenment...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLP

Veteran
Right on CC,releasing this stuff is the right move.

I think I read a few days ago that Red now has a few of these in stock a Legends.

Good luck guys.

JLP