What's new

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

zif

Veteran
this the purple kush x chemd bx plant #2 already on her way setting flowers. I vegged this one less because I noticed some lanky branches early on and thought she would get unmanageable but had I not been lazy i could have trained for 4 main colas and tamed her a bit. greater node distance than her sister #1 and less rigid branches as well for that new growth. I may end up staking her if she develops those chunky chem nugs.

View attachment 18791932 View attachment 18791933 View attachment 18791934 View attachment 18791935
View attachment 18791942
Is that a hint of the D's variegation? Pretty lady, as always!

Ralph W. Llama

D605846E-5C5F-4EBE-8F12-7AC526243670.jpeg

Giving a few of these a try. First tail showing after 36 hours wet with several months in the freezer and shipping prior to that. Excited for some electric ladies.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
incense haze x chemd about 1 month flowering. the plant is building buds quickly now and has a eucalyptus type smell atm. It's still early but I get a sense that this plant shares the terps from the maternal side as they resemble other haze crosses I've grown using this IH mom. the plant is in a 3gal container but i may still have to top dress in next couple days to help her finish...she's a hungry plant but if i can keep up she will yield big.

20221227_192233.jpg
20221227_192004.jpg
20221227_192330.jpg
20221227_192144.jpg
20221227_192032.jpg
20221227_192424.jpg

Attachments

• 20221227_084031.jpg
    20221227_084031.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

swampthing

incense haze x chemd about 1 month flowering. the plant is building buds quickly now and has a eucalyptus type smell atm. It's still early but I get a sense that this plant shares the terps from the maternal side as they resemble other haze crosses I've grown using this IH mom. the plant is in a 3gal container but i may still have to top dress in next couple days to help her finish...she's a hungry plant but if i can keep up she will yield big.

View attachment 18796295 View attachment 18796296 View attachment 18796297 View attachment 18796298 View attachment 18796299 View attachment 18796300
Funk yea! Pretty nice spacing between the internodes. And what space there is, is filled up pretty completely with flower development.
I see a layer of rice hulls at the top of the pot. Do you also use them for aeration in your medium? And while I’m prying, what does your medium consist of? (Apologize if you’ve already covered that in the thread)

Whatever you’ve got going on certainly has ‘em looking happy!

Thanks for sharing Jah
-Swampy

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks @swampthing. I use recycled soil which i amend with compost from our compost bin. I have a couple a large totes and when they are about 3/4 full I add: alfalfa, kelp, guano, fish bone meal, feather meal, ewc, dolomite lime, perlite, and greensand along with our compost. Turn it, wet it down with aerated compost tea and let it sit for 45-60 days. I turn a few times during that time and try to keep moist adding either most compost tea or RO water. I have 3 of those large bins so i always have on ready. Thats it really. I haven't had to buy bagged soil in some time but if i do i try and get something like ocean forest or a blend from coast of maine.
I typically use perlite for aeration but this year when i was making one of the bins the local store was out of perlite and i picked up the rice hulls. I have been using them as a mulch because our air is really dry this time of year and i wanted a top layer i could dump into the recycled soil when done. It seems like its another place to colonize beneficial microorganisms in the soil so win win.

Ps...when i build my containers I'll add a 4-4-4 fert and top dress with some additional alfalfa, ewc and kelp before i mulch the top layer. Not much just like 1/2 tsp per gallon of the ready soil.

Last edited:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
purple x chemd bx plant #1 at 21 days 12/12. this plant was the slowest of the 3 chemd bx i grew out. The haze cross was the quickest followed by pcd#2 and this plant stayed in veg the longest. She seemed immature even though she was the first to show sex. My patience paid off because once she started to stretch she focused her energy on the two apical branches unlike the pcd#2 that threw spindly branches from the bottom and caught up to the main stems. It will be interesting to see how the flowers will develop as they look different than her sister pcd#2 and her chunkier flower set.

pcd#1
20221230_114001.jpg
20221230_195840.jpg
20221230_113832.jpg
20221230_113944.jpg
20221230_113623.jpg

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
purple x chemd bx #2 day 30 12/12. This plant got chunky really quick! I wasn't a fan of the lanky and spindly nature of her side branching but she has redeemed herself with impressive bud formation early on. This may be the quicker of the two pcd's but may also produce the bigger flower set. This is at day 30 so just 4 weeks in and if she goes 8 weeks and I can keep her happy she will be super chunky. She has a sweet fruity smell atm and was the only pcd to show leaf variegation. I gave her some kelp, guano, ewc (just a tsp total) and some fresh compost top dress after pictures were taken to help finish and hopefully keep her swelling.

pcd2
20221230_200228.jpg
20221230_181807.jpg
20221230_181713.jpg
20221230_181729.jpg
20221230_092714.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice plants @Jahaze , interesting to see the haze dominance in the IH x ChemD cross.. those plants resemble my OH x digiberry cross in some ways, but the haze is probably even more dominant in my cross....

VG

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks VG. Yeah I thought the IH would get 'lost' in the chemd mix but for now at least that unmistakable hazy eucalyptus/menthol nose the IH leaners produce is front and center. I hope the end product effect also leans towards the haze side.

Ralph W. Llama

B40E3052-2037-4148-93DA-8C23AF8DC054.jpeg

Feeling lucky after a 3 day power outage with temps dropping to the single digits F and no loss of seedlings. The 5 all popped and were just getting stood up when the electric shut down.

The basement got foam insulation last year and with just a furnace pilot light on, it stayed in the 50’s. The three days of darkness didn’t seem to compromise any of them either. Rolling along fine now.

Phewww.

Last edited:

swampthing

nice plants @Jahaze , interesting to see the haze dominance in the IH x ChemD cross.. those plants resemble my OH x digiberry cross in some ways, but the haze is probably even more dominant in my cross....

VG
Feeling lucky after a 3 day power outage with temps dropping to the single digits F and no loss of seedlings. The 5 all popped and were just getting stood up when the electric shut down.

The basement got foam insulation last year and with just a furnace pilot light on, it stayed in the 50’s. The three days of darkness didn’t seem to compromise any of them either. Rolling along fine now.

Phewww.
When I saw that cross, I would’ve assumed the opposite @Ralph W. Llama I’ve found hazes really throw their weight around in crosses. I’m not sure if it’s bc their traits are so different than most hybrids today so the new genetics really show off their wares (NLD, more internode spacing, and much longer flowering time). Not necessarily bc they’re dominant but bc the traits are so apparently different. @VerdantGreen do you find using S1 pollen breeds more true than say a male’s pollen? Just generally speaking, not taking into account if it’s an F1 or F5 bred true for certain traits or an ibl that really breeds true.
Is that phrased right? Or would you say R1/reversed pollen when it’s a Chem D female reversed and used on a strain that isn’t itself?
Sorry, basically just asking if making fem seeds from a female that’s reversed, even if you outcross them to a new line, breed more true than using a regular male plant.

Nice job @Jahaze still looking happy and healthy as ever

Ralph W. Llama

Hey swamp,

Not sure what I said about this? But as with many things, “it depends” probably applies to your end question.